Menu

Inquiring minds want to know: How many bedrooms does your house have?

How many bedrooms in your house  

1. 1. How many bedrooms in your house

• 9 or More

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a bit over 2800 sq ft 5 bedrooms.

The attic was converted into a 5th bedroom is 2nd son's own bedroom.

The "gameroom" above the garage is used as a big bedroom for 4 of the boys

The 3 girls share a bedroom.

The oldest son has his own room and is bumped out for guests.

Then our master bedroom.

2.5 bathrooms

2 dining (formal is what we use as school room)

3 bedrooms, 2 baths.

Every time we talk about trying to find a bigger place, we look at our teeny tiny mortgage and change our minds. A fourth bedroom and an office for DH that is actually inside the house would be lovely, but not lovely enough to double our payment each month.

We just keep talking about what we'll buy when we're millionaires :D

3 if you count the basement….dd14 lives down there - it doesn't count as a bedroom when the city guy does the assessment thing because it "doesn't have a closet"… I don't know why that matters - it's carpeted, texture painted walls, is full of bedroom furniture, has a bathroom w/ shower and toilet (washer/dryer in there too)… sure looks like a bedroom to me. :tongue_smilie:

In the current phase of our church redo, we have three formal bedrooms and one of the boys likes to use the unfinished balcony. Eventually that balcony will have two more bedrooms. So two boys share a room, dd has a room, and then dh and I while adventure boy sleeps upstairs in a free-standing hammock! We keep offering to move his bed up there; apparently, he loves the hammock.

We also only have one bathroom in this phase. However, phase two will include the master bath for dh and I.

Phase two was greatly delayed when the roof decided it just could not last two more years. We now have a beautiful, dark blue metal roof. It was completed on Tuesday evening so that our neighbor could promptly come running over to tell us she hated the color, "Why on earth didn't you order green?" (She had her hands on her hips and was shaking her finger at me. :001_huh:)

Anyway, two more bedrooms, one bath, and finished spiral staircase, and a new front door along with new ceiling in the foyer await us about 2.5 years from now. Well, unless we go overseas...then everything is on hold.

I grew up with a four bedroom house - one bedroom for my mom's mother.

Faith

So...I guess you use that as a space to store your shoes. :D

No, silly, I am saving those bedrooms to house the babies that Alexander Skarsgard and I are going to have. I can't wait to have those little blond Swedish cutie pies.

Your avatar is driving me nutz... :lol:

It's driving me...well, I can't say on a public message board. ;)

5 for us. It was a 4-bedroom, but the master bedroom took up 1/3 of the upstairs. We did a little reconstruction (we are good with framing and drywall!) and turned it into a 15 x 12 master w/ original (small) walk-in closet and tiny bathroom (6 x 6...shower, no tub) and a 10 x 12 bedroom w/ walk-in closet, plus an extra closet in the hall.

We have 5 now, but Miss Happy only has a closet, and no bedroom, so for Christmas we are finishing out the 3 car garage for a gameroom/bedroom for Mr. Clever, then Miss Happy can his old room. When he leaves home, I'll use the garage room for a school room.

We have a big house, and it's a lot to keep up with. DD 5 sometimes mentions moving in with DD 13, who quickly says, "No way..." We have a sort of balcony/loft thing that overlooks the foyer. It was supposed to be just decorative, but in a homeschooling house, every square foot counts, ;), so we put a door from each of the boys' rooms that opens to either end and made it a costume/reading loft. To DS 3.5, that makes his room and DS 15's room "connecting," which makes him happy.:lol:

Technically 4, but we live in a bi-level, so the downstairs bedroom is half sunken into the ground and is too icky to use as bedroom (cold and spidery, blech) for my taste. Thankfully, we don't actually need it as one, and we use it as an office/treadmill room. I always wish we had some kind of spare room when guests come, but since guests are pretty rare, we just suck it up and deal!

We live in an old Victorian with 17 rooms, 8 official bedrooms but 2 other rooms could theoretically be used as bedrooms. Before living here we lived in a 2 bedroom + small nursery (size of a closet) house... years later I still am not used to all the space. It's a real blessing.

Oh, you know, I forgot the nursery. We turned it into a closet, but originally when the house was built it was the nursery. So I suppose I actually have a 5 bedroom house. But I wouldn't want to try to stick a bed in the old nursery.

5 bedrooms (one on the main level where my oldest sleeps). 4 bathrooms (2 upstairs, 2 on the main level).

Living room, dining room, family room, kitchen, laundry room.

Full basement.

I'd like to have a castle though! A moat would be very convenient when the solicitors come to call! :lol:

I already have to share with Firefly, dang it.

And don't you forget it, Toots! ;)

We're in a big old rambling farm house here, and over the last 250+ years it's been around people have added on to it. Seems like every time a baby was born they tacked on another room-- makes for a very unusual layout! So anyway there are seven, but they're nothing fancy, believe me. We only use 4 as bedrooms.

Ours is technically a four bedroom, but we have an additional room my daughter uses as a bedroom. It's actually the largest room so I wish I could put the boys in there; but since it's non-traditional, CPS won't accept it as a bedroom.

I would LOVE a 7 bedroom...

What does that mean? (bolded)

I was in foster care for a bit as a teen and slept on a daybed in a…I don't know what to call it… enclosed porch? sorta like this …there were other teens in the basement… of course, diff country and 20 years ago :tongue_smilie:

Technically 3 bedrooms but we are using the living room as a bedroom, which makes the dining room the living room and the room between the playroom. Ok way more information than was needed. :tongue_smilie:

We are going to look at a 5 bdrm house that has 2000sq ft for the main level and 1500sq ft for the upper level. All the bedrooms and one bath are up. Those must be some massive bedrooms, because our entire house right now is 1500sq ft. We can't buy until December/January most likely (according to the bank so crossing fingers) so we hope no one will buy it between now and then if it turns out to be amazing.

Your avatar is driving me nutz... :lol:

I didn't know who it was, but apparently Nakia has room in her house for you to go nutz. :lol::lol:

We have two bedrooms, plus the dormer room. One of the bedrooms is the classroom and ds laid claim to the dormer room. It's about 25 x 9, the biggest room in the house. He loves it, adores it, may never move out. It is a very cool room, an ideal teen room. half of it is bedroom, the other half living room and world domination computer setup. When he does finally move out, it's becoming the writing getaway.

And don't you forget it, Toots! ;)

We're in a big old rambling farm house here, and over the last 250+ years it's been around people have added on to it. Seems like every time a baby was born they tacked on another room-- makes for a very unusual layout! So anyway there are seven, but they're nothing fancy, believe me. We only use 4 as bedrooms.

Do you live in the old Stackhouse place? ;)