Menu

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the most likely outcome. It is too bad, though. It might or might not have been a good program for some. The death of his program and his reputation could have been avoided, however, if he would have pulled on his big girl panties before he started spouting off here.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This.

This is what we need on the Cafe Press t-shirts.

:lol: That would be awesome.

I think someone should make Writing with Voldemort . It would be like Literary Lessons from The Lord of the Rings, but with Harry Potter. It could be awesome, but how would we talk about the current WwV?

I think this is the most likely outcome. It is too bad, though. It might or might not have been a good program for some. The death of his program and his reputation could have been avoided, however, if he would have pulled on his big girl panties before he started spouting off here.

:lol:This just tickled me to no end.

FINALLY!

It could be a "before". However, I can see that it could have value for some. I don't teach this way. Most of us do not.

I would agree that anything can be of value to anyone. However, if one is writing a review of a writing curriculum, it would probably better serve one's cause to a) answer the questions one stated would be addressed in the opening and b) quote information that actually answers the question one posed to set up the quote.

Actually, it illustrates the #1 "poor writing habit" Writing with Voldermort will quickly eliminate.

It wasn't defamation by any means. It was shock, disappointment, and utter bewilderment. We critiqued his writing. We questioned his qualifications. He ran.

Maybe he saw what we did to Chick Tracts. :lol:

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

HILARIOUS! I envision some unsuspecting woodsman approaching our tree with a big stick...seriously dude, you will get stung!!!! :biggrinjester:

Faith

He might have been expecting bees like this:

765501a291dce5287390846c6630f601a40367f3_small.jpg

He should have been warned of bees like this:

snl_killer_bees.jpg

Edited by elegantlion

Or bees like this....

thumb2.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.pronto.com%2Fimages%2Fproduction%2Fproducts%2Fc7%2F59%2Fpina6f5b464d657b9e32a540d5c9f004_300x300.jpg&wmax=180&hmax=180&quality=80&bgcol=FFFFFF

I am afraid to say that if I have to squeeze my sagginess into that, then he who must not be named, should be VERY AFRAID!!!!!!

There's also this! Note the sharp stingers they carry!

attachment.php?attachmentid=5979&stc=1&d=1312065897

Bees in kilts - a lethal, fighting force.

Faith :D

I am afraid to say that if I have to squeeze my sagginess into that, then he who must not be named, should be VERY AFRAID!!!!!!

There's also this! Note the sharp stingers they carry!

attachment.php?attachmentid=5979&stc=1&d=1312065897

Bees in kilts - a lethal, fighting force.

Faith :D

I am standing in Kinko's and trying not to laugh out loud at the bees in kilts!

Also I want a PM please!

Sorry, just wandered back! a) shocked (I don't know why) to find the thread gone viral and b) apologies for the sub-scandal of the Smart Bananas.

I assume this is a "before" example? :D

That had to be written by the author/publisher. Not only is it a completely glowing review, they didn't even catch the error in the quote from the product's website:

Whаt thе Ashworth University essay video points out іѕ thаt elementary writing errors soon become middle school writing errors, аnd thеn high school writing errors. Thеѕе misunderstandings аnd misconceptions аbουt organization аnd structure don’t gеt аnу easier tο teach аftеr elementary school. In fact, thеу οftеn become harder tο teach bесаυѕе students hаνе bееn practicing writing (аnd thinking) thе wrοng way fοr ѕο long thаt thеу become very set іn thеіr bаd habits..

These misunderstandings and misconceptions аbουt organization аnd structure don’t gеt аnу easier tο teach аftеr elementary school. In fact, thеу οftеn become harder tο teach bесаυѕе students hаνе bееn practicing writing (аnd thinking) thе wrοng way fοr ѕο long thаt thеу become very set іn thеіr bаd habits.

Yes, I really want a writing program that teaches misunderstandings and misconceptions. I'm so glad I've found one. :tongue_smilie:

That had to be written by the author/publisher. Not only is it a completely glowing review, they didn't even catch the error in the quote from the product's website:

These misunderstandings and misconceptions аbουt organization аnd structure don’t gеt аnу easier tο teach аftеr elementary school. In fact, thеу οftеn become harder tο teach bесаυѕе students hаνе bееn practicing writing (аnd thinking) thе wrοng way fοr ѕο long thаt thеу become very set іn thеіr bаd habits.

Yes, I really want a writing program that teaches misunderstandings and misconceptions. I'm so glad I've found one. :tongue_smilie:

Thank goodness you found it early, too! I was planning to teach misunderstandings and misconceptions in HS. Maybe I'll rethink that. I wouldn't want them to develop the bad habit of coherence. Quelle horreur! :lol:

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

I think that he expected to find a bunch of uneducated mothers!

He should have realized just by the name of the forum that this was something that we take seriously.

This. FWIW, I hated the original thread, and I wasn't disappointed to see the promised item disappoint. ;)

And I apologize to the Mods for mentioning the other threads (in which I was quite eloquently sarcastic, if I remember correctly :lol:... I'm sorry to see them go :D) in the recent revival of the original thread. I just wanted to make sure the thread-resurrector had the full story.

For those who don't feel a Hive kilt is really their style, you can chose a poncho, beret, garter, pleated skirt, or trousers. All featured here.http://www.house-of-tartan.scotland.net/scottish/dir4.asp?secid=77&subsecid=434&catid=3094&subcatid=11175 :D

Wow, that was fun. Harry Potter and bees and kilts all in one thread. You can stay retired Carpe. I don't need a PM because with a few quick searches I was able to figure out Voldemort's true identity. I doubt I would have chosen that program, but I'll keep it in mind in case I ever hear someone ask about it.

Apparently, the moderators possess the elder wand.

Faith

Are they the true owners of the elder wand? How did they come into possession of it?

Okay, this is getting silly. I don't care if I'm breaking rules or not. All this tiptoeing around is getting annoying.:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

I pm'd the moderators earlier expressing my frustration with us being told not to discuss the program in question. They kindly pm'd me back and told me that they locked the threads and deleted the thread where we were critical of his "big report" because he threatened to sue them over it. (The big report was something he wrote in an effort to explain his theory on writing and why his program was effective.) They said it would probably be messy because it was parents saying critical things but that they chose just to get rid of it. Since I pm'd them they have gone back and deleted ALL of his posts (the ones where he was talking up his program) and I think they've removed him from the active member list.

I have no problem with them removing ALL of his posts. I had issue with them only removing the ones that were critical of him. I'm not sure how they will handle future inquiries regarding his program though. New members aren't going to know that it is a taboo subject.

Hope that gives a little more explanation to those in the dark. :D

I can guarantee I'd never buy it now...

:iagree: But there is now radio advertising on how to make sure the "first hits" on a google search for your name/product are "good hits". I bet running off anything negative or even just not rah rah rah is big on their advice.

And really, doesn't the website seem a bit snake-oily to others? I thought "the lady doth protesteth too much" and never gave it a second thought, way back in March.

Hey the author's loss. Critique of any sort creates curiosity. I had never heard of it and then went looking for it. Of course now that I think the author discouraged people from talking about it I'm totally turned off.

:iagree:

Hey the author's loss. Critique of any sort creates curiosity. I had never heard of it and then went looking for it. Of course now that I think the author discouraged people from talking about it I'm totally turned off.

same here… I'll definitely never look past the tacky looking website now! ;)

Yup. Same here. If a product is good, the company should be happy to have people discuss it honestly. Any company who doesn't allow that, well, the product obviously has some issues, and I'll find something else.

I've never heard of this product before now. Does it sell on Amazon? Does this guy email Amazon and insist that they delete any one or two star reviews?

These are my thoughts exactly. I had seriously considered this product and was about to purchase it within the next month or so.

No more. :glare:

I'm a bad Scot, and a really bad MacLeod, because I had to google that tartan. How does one go "29" years without ever seeing her family's dress tartan? :001_unsure: At least I knew our hunting tartan. :leaving:

According to this there are a lot of different tartans for every clan. I don't know how anyone could recognize them all--so many are similar:

http://www.house-of-tartan.scotland.net/house/nf_m.htm

I'm a bad Scot, and a really bad MacLeod, because I had to google that tartan. How does one go "29" years without ever seeing her family's dress tartan? :001_unsure: At least I knew our hunting tartan. :leaving:

It took that long at least for me to see my family's tartan and I even had a grandfather who spoke Gaelic and played the bagpipes. We're a sub-clan (Currie - fun story here about the first one) or some such, not one of the big clans. They only make the tartan in Scotland (I've checked Canadian suppliers) and to order the minimum and have it shipped over would be at least $600 dollars. Not going to happen. Until then I just have to look at it online.

ETA: MacLeod IS one of the big clans though. Maybe you should be ashamed for not seeing your tartan before now? :D

Edited by WishboneDawn

Dh says that according to the hive social structure, it is the responsibility of the worker bees to dress their queen. Therefore, as a good worker I have searched the world over and found an appropriate get-up for SWB. I think we should make her wear it!

attachment.php?attachmentid=5982&stc=1&d=1312114822

It's silk and very classy.

So, yes, I embrace the new hive uniform as well as our banner, "Don't poke the hive!"

I am not certain I would go for the traditional kilt. I am more inclined to see myself in that tartan in a long skirt, while blouse, shawl, and tam. I think the trousers would make me look like a Scottish blue whale.

We should meet somewhere with good chocolate, possibly some wine, but most definitely a little rum and my mother-in-law's to die for rum cake.

The question on everyone's mind is....will Spycar, Father of Pearl, and our other hive drones rise to the occasion and don the appropriate kilt?

We can't leave these men to do curriculum reviews and joust with the enemy, however. According to wikipedia, drones have no stingers, no self-defences so we'll have to team up as bodyguards and protect them from the evils of he who must be named his deatheaters-of-unworthy-programs!

Faith

For those who don't feel a Hive kilt is really their style, you can chose a poncho, beret, garter, pleated skirt, or trousers. All featured here.http://www.house-of-tartan.scotland.net/scottish/dir4.asp?secid=77&subsecid=434&catid=3094&subcatid=11175 :D

Thanks for posting this link. They have my family tartan.

Edited by Parrothead

According to this there are a lot of different tartans for every clan. I don't know how anyone could recognize them all--so many are similar:

http://www.house-of-tartan.scotland.net/house/nf_m.htm

I poked around last night and found dh's family tartan. I've been trying to find something for drapes in our bedroom, the colors are perfect. Now if I can just find a replica fabric in cotton available in the US. :toetap05:

Dh says that according to the hive social structure, it is the responsibility of the worker bees to dress their queen. Therefore, as a good worker I have searched the world over and found an appropriate get-up for SWB. I think we should make her wear it!

attachment.php?attachmentid=5982&stc=1&d=1312114822

It's silk and very classy.

So, yes, I embrace the new hive uniform as well as our banner, "Don't poke the hive!"

I am not certain I would go for the traditional kilt. I am more inclined to see myself in that tartan in a long skirt, while blouse, shawl, and tam. I think the trousers would make me look like a Scottish blue whale.

We should meet somewhere with good chocolate, possibly some wine, but most definitely a little rum and my mother-in-law's to die for rum cake.

The question on everyone's mind is....will Spycar, Father of Pearl, and our other hive drones rise to the occasion and don the appropriate kilt?

We can't leave these men to do curriculum reviews and joust with the enemy, however. According to wikipedia, drones have no stingers, no self-defences so we'll have to team up as bodyguards and protect them from the evils of he who must be named his deatheaters-of-unworthy-programs!

Faith

I think that's lovely, I like it. It would also stand out.

Can you see, this could be a historical moment. 2011, the Rising of the Hive. Beeware!