Menu

Ok, I gotta share this one thing with you because it makes my heart burst

When we first found out about DD's pregnancy I admit to being less than excited about it.

DS and I were driving in the car and I must have been crying because he reached over, took my hand and said

"Mom, [dear sister]'s getting pregnant may have been a mistake but that baby is not a mistake. It just may be the answer to our prayers." Slight pause "Do you think she'll let me babysit?"

He never took his eyes off the road, never looked at me, just squeezed my hand.

BTW - I was the one driving. DS is only 14.

Well if that's not the sign of a good kid, I don't know what is! I can imagine this has been a stressful time for you, but little gems like that remind you that kids love their parents unconditionally because we showed them unconditional love!

Well if that's not the sign of a good kid, I don't know what is! I can imagine this has been a stressful time for you, but little gems like that remind you that kids love their parents unconditionally because we showed them unconditional love!

:iagree:

You must be one great mom!!:grouphug:

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

And something I heard on Roseanne, of all places, was that a baby isn't a mistake. Because a mistake is something you would do differently if you could. A baby is a suprise. It is something you didn't even know you wanted/needed until you got it.

My oldest was an out of wedlock surprise. I have never regretted him, not one single minute. I do regret marrying his father, but never ever EVER him.

And there was a reason he came when he did. My grandmother was diagnosed with alzheimers shortly after I got pregnant. Suffice to say he was the only great grandchild she ever got to know. I'm so glad she got that experience before she got too sick.

When we first found out about DD's pregnancy I admit to being less than excited about it.

DS and I were driving in the car and I must have been crying because he reached over, took my hand and said

"Mom, [dear sister]'s getting pregnant may have been a mistake but that baby is not a mistake. It just may be the answer to our prayers." Slight pause "Do you think she'll let me babysit?"

He never took his eyes off the road, never looked at me, just squeezed my hand.

BTW - I was the one driving. DS is only 14.

That is so darn sweet. Babies are a joy. :grouphug: