Menu

I was left behind...

Well, it's past 6p.m. in my time zone and I am still here...:glare:

Evidently, I didn't make the cut, dh is still here too.

For those who have no clue what this is about, there is a so-called Christian group that is (was?) convinced that all believers would be raptured today, May 21 at 6p.m. local time. I missed the boat. http://www.youcanknow.org

Still here (taps foot impatiently)...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My ds was questioning me about all of this. He was worried because he still has friends he wants to see saved. When he asked me if I thought it would happen I told him I didn't think so but wished it would. He was not impressed.:lol::lol:

If heaven looks anything like my living room right now I am going to be so disappointed. :lol:

:iagree: :lol: My entire house is a mess! Dh is painting, we're moving furniture, purging... Heaven better be better than this!

I was going to post that we were not still here...as a matter of fact, I thought of saying that I was posting this from my ipod in heaven...then I thought better of it all and erased it. Now I am posting what I thought about posting. Is that better? I am sure there has to be something wrong with what I just wrote...you know, being as I am a Christian and all.

I was going to post that we were not still here...as a matter of fact, I thought of saying that I was posting this from my ipod in heaven...then I thought better of it all and erased it. Now I am posting what I thought about posting. Is that better? I am sure there has to be something wrong with what I just wrote...you know, being as I am a Christian and all.

Well, I'm a missionary and I posted that I'm posting from heaven. I do think that God has a great sense of humor and wasn't offended. Proof positive of his sense of humor- the duck-billed platypus.

Edited by Sputterduck

We were sitting in a pub listening to dd play in an Irish music session. There were uilleann pipes at the session which sometimes can sound okay but not if the person playing them is a bit new to playing pipes. Just before 6pm ny mother leaned over to me and said, "Well, if the sound changes to harp we know we got to go but if we still hear those pipes, I think we might be heading the other direction."

I told her that just being in a pub probably disqualified us.:glare:

My sister very helpfully posted relevant bible verses on her Facebook page--the ones saying no one gets to know when it'll happen.

Personally, I'm glad it's not the end of the world. Be kind of hard to fight the thurses with a baby strapped to my back.;)

Well I am too busy planning for next year to care so I might have missed the boat even if it sailed up to my front door! What a bunch of loons. Reminds me of the movie independence day where they are all on the roof of the building with signs yelling "take me":tongue_smilie:

Dh came into the dining room at 6 p.m. and yelled, "Everybody jump!"

No go for launch. So, we didn't make it either. Oh well, another day on planet earth. It could be worse, Mercury, Venus, Pluto......

I'm laying a solid bet that when I get to church, the pews will be pretty full.

Faith

We were sitting in a pub listening to dd play in an Irish music session. There were uilleann pipes at the session which sometimes can sound okay but not if the person playing them is a bit new to playing pipes. Just before 6pm ny mother leaned over to me and said, "Well, if the sound changes to harp we know we got to go but if we still hear those pipes, I think we might be heading the other direction."

I told her that just being in a pub probably disqualified us.:glare:

:lol::lol:

Your mom's a hoot!

Dh came into the dining room at 6 p.m. and yelled, "Everybody jump!"

No go for launch. So, we didn't make it either. Oh well, another day on planet earth. It could be worse, Mercury, Venus, Pluto......

I'm laying a solid bet that when I get to church, the pews will be pretty full.

Faith

:lol:

I just had a wicked thought....if the dear, sweet Christian women who own my favorite fabric store had been raptured and I was left behind, I could loot the place. Seriously, a quilt fabric free-for-all, I am banal enough to be tempted to partake thereof! Oh, the little sinner in me....:drool5::biggrinjester:

Faith