Menu

We haven't had a Myers-Briggs thread in awhile. What's your type?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

INFJ

I was just thinking we needed one of these threads! Personality type is a bit of a hobby for me. We took a poll on the old boards and it was a surprising cross-section that did not mesh with the cross-section of the general population. There were in inordinate number of those with the same type as me even though it is the rarest of all types. Also, I remember there were more introverts than there are in the general population. It will be interesting to see if the new format of the board has impacted the personality population that visits here.

Guest Virginia Dawn

I'm an ISTJ married to an ESFJ

DD-Enfp- my complete opposite

ds-Istj- I totally understand this child :D

ds-Isfp

ds-Infp

ds-?

I have taken so many of these (Psych Major) and I know my results have changed over time. I came out a ENFJ. Does not seem to far off.

slightly expressed extravert

slightly expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed judging personality

ISFJ here as well, but I don't think it's accurate. After the first several questions, when the same questions started to be re-asked in a different way, I became bored and irritated with it, LOL. I should probably do this in the a.m when I'm more awake and when I'm not feeling crampy and irritable, LOL.

INFP - yup, just about fits.

You are:

• very expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • distinctively expressed feeling personality
  • slightly expressed perceiving personality

Ironically, four of the career choices listed are ones I considered

Writer, musician, Education, and Archaeology.

Guest Virginia Dawn

There is a reason the questions are asked the way they are. They are measuring different functions according to each response. Also, it helps to understand that your answers should be what your personal preference tends to be, not what you think you *should* answer.

I remember that thread! I also was surprised at the number of INFJs. I love personality type stuff.

I am an ISJF. I am married to my polar opposite, ENTP. All three of my boys are Es. I am soooooo out-numbered around here!

I recently read The Introvert Advantage (reviewed it on my blog) and found it fascinating. No wonder I'm so tired all the time!

Isn't it fascinating knowing the types of your spouse and kiddos?! Having a polar opposite dh makes for some interesting times, LOL.

6 yo ds is an ENFP. I am soooo thankful for knowing his type. It is so much easier to appreciate how amazing he is rather than struggle over his weaknesses.

Almost 4 yo ds is an ESFJ. Much easier to relate to this child, but the gender and extroverted qualities sure change things up a lot on this personality style.

If I had to guess on the 20 mo, I'd say ESTJ. I can't wait to see his personality develop over time.

I am an ISFJ, and my husband is INTP. I am rather extreme on my F and J and more middle with my I and S. Interstingly, my husband is more heavy on the T and P and more middle with the I and N. I really find that when I have better understood our personality types, I am better able to understand our "misunderstandings" and then find more direct ways to communicate with one another, or to find ways of clarifying. If that makes any sense :001_smile:

I really find that when I have better understood our personality types, I am better able to understand our "misunderstandings" and then find more direct ways to communicate with one another, or to find ways of clarifying. If that makes any sense :001_smile:

I agree. Personality theory has helped me to better understand others, particularly those close to me. Dh is an INTP, dd (19) is an INFP, and ds (17) is an ISFJ.

INFJ

I'm the same. It pretty much nailed me.

Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging

by Joe Butt

Profile: INFJ

Revision: 3.01

Date of Revision: 6 Mar 2005

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

INTP -- strong on every attibute

This is so me:

INTPs do not like to lead or control people. They're very tolerant and flexible in most situations, unless one of their firmly held beliefs has been violated or challenged, in which case they may take a very rigid stance. The INTP is likely to be very shy when it comes to meeting new people. On the other hand, the INTP is very self-confident and gregarious around people they know well, or when discussing theories which they fully understand.

The INTP has no understanding or value for decisions made on the basis of personal subjectivity or feelings. They strive constantly to achieve logical conclusions to problems, and don't understand the importance or relevance of applying subjective emotional considerations to decisions. For this reason, INTPs are usually not in-tune with how people are feeling, and are not naturally well-equipped to meet the emotional needs of others.

Although I felt that several of the questions required more than a yes or no answer, I think, as far as these boxes go, this is a pretty good fit.

But, it's just pretty good. It ain't custom-made. ;)

Edited to add: My percentages were: 30ish - 1% - 30ish - 30ish

What does that mean?

I found this to be helpful:

ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers

ESTJ - The Guardians

ISFJ - The Nurturers

ESFJ - The Caregivers

ISTP - The Mechanics

ESTP - The Doers

ESFP - The Performers

ISFP - The Artists

ENTJ - The Executives

INTJ - The Scientists

ENTP - The Visionaries

INTP - The Thinkers

ENFJ - The Givers

INFJ - The Protectors

ENFP - The Inspirers

INFP - The Idealists

Personality Type Portraits - on the webpage you can click each personality for a description.

Whenever one of these threads comes up, there are many more INTJs than statistics would suggest to be likely.

Laura

Maybe the numbers would be different if taken from the general population as opposed to a homeschooling board??? Just a thought.

I'm INTJ, I've taken this test several times over the years and I always get that result. So does DH.