Menu

The Meyers-Brigg Personality Test...

I found it fairly interesting, and fairly close to the mark. Here is a link to the test:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

After your done, visit these links for more information:

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/

Make sure to hover over the boxes to see the blurbs about your result.

http://typelogic.com/enfp.html

This is the link to an ENFP, but you can change it at the top to get your info.

BTW, I was an INFJ :)

How do you know if it is a "rare freak of nature" combo?? LOL

Surly you've seen me to refer to myself as a freak of nature. I do it often enough. :D INTJ

OMGness this is so me (from the link)

Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense.
Edited by Parrothead

I'm an ENTP but borderline ENTJ.

I was a dominant, high E forever, but over the last few years my E tendencies are much less strong.

I work in HR and have several friends who are Meyers-Briggs certified, so I've taken it many, many times and didn't click on the link, but there are actually two different dimensions when administered in its entirety. There is a score for what you are in your natural state and a score for what you are in your other, manufactured setting (typically work, but it can be some other place where you have to perform and are judged on your responses and performance). My E tendency is dominant at work and always has been, but I'm much closer to I in my non-work life. I find this stuff fascinating. It's the only personality/behavioral assessment I've ever taken that is darn near spot on and has been consistently over a dozen years (so, not mood based).

Here's an interesting little factoid.....anyone familiar with eHarmony? The personality matching test they have is basically Meyers-Briggs. I know, because one of my dearest friends worked for the consulting company that the eHarmony folks hired to come up with it, and she led the team that did so.

A lot of good it did me, I told her, since I'm still single after nearly 5 years of divorce! hahaha

I have found that my type has changed somewhat over the years.

I first took it in college, then 6 or so years later in grad school, then again 12 years after that.

ENTJ. With middling E and the NTJ very, very strong at first.

Now almost on the line for E/I and N/S. T and J still strong, but not like before. Guess I'm mellowing as I age! :tongue_smilie:

Surly you've seen me to refer to myself as a freak of nature. I do it often enough. :D INTJ

OMGness this is so me (from the link)

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data.

That's me. Makes life a little difficult knowing THERE COULD BE A BETTER WAY OF DOING THINGS! out there.

Weirdos of the world, unite!

I'm an INTJ, and I'm married to another INTJ. I don't think I would have it any other way, although you might convince me that an ISTJ would be ok. ;)

In my experience, I've found that INTJs just really love being INTJs. :tongue_smilie:

In my previous life, I worked in an industry with an unusually high percentage of weirdos like me (supply chain/logistics). It made for interesting meetings.

I'm an INTP.

There were 2 polls a year or two ago where people put in their MBTI types, we are overrepresented with I's and N's. That makes sense, people who are N like to look at big picture things, more homeschoolers in general and especially anyone looking at something like classical.

I was surprised how many SJ's there were...they tend to like authority and structure and tradition, you would think they would like school...but it made sense once I thought about it, schools are not teaching traditional material anymore in most places, instead you have fuzzy math and balanced literacy.

I'll see if I can find the polls. There were also a few other interesting MBTI threads, they might be hard to find, though...

Wow....I just read this:

http://keirsey.com/4temps/teacher.asp

And cannot believe how much it fits......well.....me!! Scary.

I am an ENFJ, as well, and the link you posted was spot on. Ironically (not!;)), my three main "jobs" at this point are homeschool teacher, adjunct college professor and therapist. The link you posted describes my teaching style to a "T", plus I make students laugh. Learning is more enjoyable if you can laugh while doing it.:001_smile:

I am INFP with 100% I & F, fairly strong N with P being my weakest attribute. When I was younger I scored pretty close to 50/50 between J & P, sometimes getting one and sometimes the other but I have become more and more P as I have aged. 4-5% of the population is INTP with it slightly higher amoung females than males. Here is a link to a chart showing the prevalency of types amoung the population: http://www.capt.org/mbti-assessment/estimated-frequencies.htm. I believe that I orginally got it from Kalanamak.

On the rarity of types, if memory serves:

I (introvert) are something like 25% to 75% E (extrovert) in the general population.

N (Intuition) are similar (25%) compared to the S (sensing) in the population.

I think the other two (j/p or t/f) are closer to 50/50.

So...any I/N combination will be a rare type. I just happen to find myself surrounded in life by INFJ's!! (mother, several very close friends, husband) and I'm certain my son is an INFP. Other family members are INTJ's.

Anyway, it always interests me that were are so many "I/N" types on message boards and especially (it seems) on Meyers-Brigg type threads since they aren't that common in the population!

I'm an ISXJ. I'm equal between f/t and very balanced in life so both descriptions fit me well--ISFJ and ISTJ--though neither exactly right.

INFP, always. As another poster mentioned I had a work persona when I worked outside the home. However, I do teach from the perspective of an INFP.

Homer, Virgil, Shakespeare, and Mr. Rogers were all INFP, so that's pretty good company. :D

From the Anconas website:

"When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet."

This is so me. My dh will clean something and note how long x has been dirty and I would have never noticed.

Edited by elegantlion

Here's an interesting little factoid.....anyone familiar with eHarmony? The personality matching test they have is basically Meyers-Briggs. I know, because one of my dearest friends worked for the consulting company that the eHarmony folks hired to come up with it, and she led the team that did so.

A lot of good it did me, I told her, since I'm still single after nearly 5 years of divorce! hahaha

How does that work? I am an ISTJ married to an ESFJ and it works out great. But I wouldn't want to marry someone the same personality type as myself. Maybe they use the base type to match people, SJ, SP, NT and NF. I do think that S's and N's probably have an easier time if they marry someone who is another S or another N.

On the rarity of types, if memory serves:

I (introvert) are something like 25% to 75% E (extrovert) in the general population.

N (Intuition) are similar (25%) compared to the S (sensing) in the population.

I think the other two (j/p or t/f) are closer to 50/50.

So...any I/N combination will be a rare type. I just happen to find myself surrounded in life by INFJ's!! (mother, several very close friends, husband) and I'm certain my son is an INFP. Other family members are INTJ's.

Anyway, it always interests me that were are so many "I/N" types on message boards and especially (it seems) on Meyers-Brigg type threads since they aren't that common in the population!

I'm an ISXJ. I'm equal between f/t and very balanced in life so both descriptions fit me well--ISFJ and ISTJ--though neither exactly right.

Message boards are anonymous. There is so little energy expended. The introverts are all in a comfy place (probably home) hiding behind their computers. Message boards are the perfect venue for introverts.

there's a fun book called "just my type" by the same folks who did "nurture by nature" and it takes a look at how the different types do when married to one another. i'm an enfp, and dh is an infp, and we love, love, love being married to someone who is almost "just our type". it doesn't work out that way for some of the other types, though. it also looks at aspects that can come into conflict. definitely a worth while read!

How does that work? I am an ISTJ married to an ESFJ and it works out great. But I wouldn't want to marry someone the same personality type as myself. Maybe they use the base type to match people, SJ, SP, NT and NF. I do think that S's and N's probably have an easier time if they marry someone who is another S or another N.

I don't know about that. I am an INFP and my hubby is an INTP and I really think the F/T difference is more gender based than anything else. We get along great though and have for 20 years. I can't imagine either one of us getting along with anyone else better but I don't know that a matching service would have put us together.