Menu

My Christmas gift this year was..my life!!!

I'm still in shock. We had just left the Christmas Eve service and were driveing home. It was raining. There was a man franticly flagging down cars, we weren't going to stop. Then I saw the car, that was totaled on the drivers side.

My nurse side kicked in and I told dh to pull over. I ran to the drivers side to assess her. She was disoriented, but without majory injury. I don't know why I turned my head...a shout...a screech of wheels...but I looked up and there was a flaming red mustang coming straight at me. I dropped the woman's hands and jumped!

I can't explain how I made it out of the cars path. He hit right where I had been standing...her door. Her car was thrown another 20ft. I ran to her again...thinking "now there would be injuries, but at least she is screaming." She was fine. Her car began to smoke...I got her out.

The tow trucks came, the police came, the ambulance came.

I couldn't stop shaking.

I'm alive.

I keep seeing the red car coming at me....but I'm okay.

Just needed to write this out.

Whoa!!!! That is scary. You are hero!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Thanks everyone!!!! It was a bit difficult to get to sleep last night. I would replay the event with the what if's...and it probly wasn't helpful ;). What if I had jumped the wong way? What if the cars had been at slightly different angles and instead of a complete T-bone (stopping the 2nd car dead init's tracks) it had spun as it bounced off? What if I hadn't looked up in time?

What would my kids remember about Christmas? I know a bit melodramatic...but it really shook me up. Anyway, we have had a wonderful Christmas.

....and here I was a bit frustrated with dh for abiding the "no gift" agreement we had. But it just seems so small right now :001_smile:

WOW! God was watching over you! Many state troopers and good samaritians have lost their lives that way. I am SO glad that you got out of the way and other drivers need to SLOW DOWN and get over when they see ANY cars or people on the side of the road.

Merry Christmas and thank God you are OK. You did a wonderful thing by stopping to help that woman.

WOW! God was watching over you! Many state troopers and good samaritians have lost their lives that way. I am SO glad that you got out of the way and other drivers need to SLOW DOWN and get over when they see ANY cars or people on the side of the road.

Merry Christmas and thank God you are OK. You did a wonderful thing by stopping to help that woman.

Yes they do!!! It is my understanding that both drivers will be ticketed for reckless driveing.

I'm just glad to be here :001_smile:

I'm still in shock. We had just left the Christmas Eve service and were driveing home. It was raining. There was a man franticly flagging down cars, we weren't going to stop. Then I saw the car, that was totaled on the drivers side.

My nurse side kicked in and I told dh to pull over. I ran to the drivers side to assess her. She was disoriented, but without majory injury. I don't know why I turned my head...a shout...a screech of wheels...but I looked up and there was a flaming red mustang coming straight at me. I dropped the woman's hands and jumped!

I can't explain how I made it out of the cars path. He hit right where I had been standing...her door. Her car was thrown another 20ft. I ran to her again...thinking "now there would be injuries, but at least she is screaming." She was fine. Her car began to smoke...I got her out.

I couldn't stop shaking.

I'm alive.

Wow! So glad you are ok!

Again, just saying thanks for everyones support!!! We had the best Christmas ever here. There were a few times I had to step away and just cry, but I'm doing well.

We aren't telling the kids about the close call. They were in the van, but saw none of it. They know the people we are, they know we stopped to help someone.

On a funny note...ds5 decided to name his new scooter "Red Mustang." I almost choked on my mashed potatoes :lol:!!!!

I am so thankful that God was with you and the woman. Was the person in the mustang hurt?

No, everyone walked away. They were both in newer cars with seatbelts on and airbags. Both cars were completely totaled. It amazes me what people can walk away from!!!

I couldn't stop shaking.

I'm alive.

All I can say is Praise God! What an amazing story!