1. too tight - removed from closet

2. too miserable - removed from house

3. - too short but feel great and fit great

4. perfect

5. same make/brand/model/style of 4., but too lose at waist :confused:

6. okay

7. not great but okay

8. a bit tighter than I like, hope to get into again

Technically, I have 5 that "fit". 3 is my minimum (1 in closet, 1 on, 1 in wash) so I meet that. Budget wise, I do not want to purchase more. But, I really would like to find that perfect pair!

ugh...I am there with you. Right now I have one pair that fits, but even those gap at the waist and I have to wear a belt with them to keep my crack from shining.

Who makes these jeans? If they fit through the thighs and the butt, the waist is too big. I told my dh that I must have a big behind. He said "No you just have a slim waist." (love that guy!!!:))

Every woman I know has this problem!!!!

You know since we have perfect bodies you would think they could make perfect jeans. :lol: If you find a pair that fit well you should buy 3.

I found a perfect pair at a thrift shop last year. I wish I had 3 more like it!

They were Falls Creek stretch jeans. I don't even know where that brand is sold except Goodwill. ;)

What I want to know is why jeans that fit great in the store stretch after wearing them for a couple of hours and look baggy and saggy. I used to be able to find perfect jeans in the Gap, but the last few times I've been in there, I've tried on 10 different pairs to find some that fit right. I finally find a pair and then they stretch out and don't look right. What is that all about?

Not every woman has the problem of the jeans fitting through the hips, but too big in the waist. Some need it bigger in the waist and slimmer through the hips. And, trust me, this is equally hard to fit. ;)

:iagree: I have no butt and slim legs. My waist is definitely a different size than my hips, butt, and legs. :glare:

What I want to know is why jeans that fit great in the store stretch after wearing them for a couple of hours and look baggy and saggy. I used to be able to find perfect jeans in the Gap, but the last few times I've been in there, I've tried on 10 different pairs to find some that fit right. I finally find a pair and then they stretch out and don't look right. What is that all about?

I want to know too!!! I hate that. The butt of my jeans looks saggy after just a couple of hours, no matter what size/style/brand. ARGH!!!

I think its the "stretch" fabric. Almost all jeans are stretch right now, and stretch jeans do just what you are describing to me. (It is especially bad since I have no butt, and when they start to stretch there is nothing to hold them up!)

I try really hard to find jeans that are 100% cotton or 1% stretch fabric, no more than that.

I like Old Navy. I had to try the styles on in the store, then order the style online but in tall size. I ordered about 5 diff pairs once I found one I liked.

It is an evil manufacturing plot to keep you forever buying jeans. Just like the women's magazines that have the latest diet and the latest dessert recipes..............

I have given up and I wear the dreaded denim skirts. No more butt and thigh issues. PLUS I get more 'street cred' as a homeschool mom. Maybe I should put my hair in a bun when I go out...........:001_smile:

I'm in the process of trying to buy new jeans as mine have finally bit it. I tried valiantly to repair them and fix holes, but to no avail. Unfortunately, those were my favorite jeans EVER. And of course they are no longer made. I should have bought more pairs. I will buy multiples when I finally find a replacement pair.

Well, I braved the store today and tried on 5 pair of the same brand of size 10 medium. 1 was unbelievably tight. 1 was saggy/baggy loose. 1 was tight in the wrong places. 1 was perfect in waist but ugly saggy in hips. 1 was perfect but gapped in the waist upon sitting.

I bought the perfect but gapped in waist. Now, if they don't completely change shape in the washer, I should have at least 2 good pair in my closet!

It is an evil manufacturing plot to keep you forever buying jeans. Just like the women's magazines that have the latest diet and the latest dessert recipes..............

I have given up and I wear the dreaded denim skirts. No more butt and thigh issues. PLUS I get more 'street cred' as a homeschool mom. Maybe I should put my hair in a bun when I go out...........:001_smile:

No, no, no! You only get street cred as a homeschooler if you're wearing a denim jumper! The bun would get you bonus points...

I had the same problem finding jeans I loved, until someone here suggested Old Navy.

They actually like the Sweetheart, but their Diva style is perfect for me.

They have several different styles...one is bound to work.:)

Love Old Navy too - I'm a "Flirt" :001_smile: And they have extra tall sizes online.

You know what I also hate? That some of mine are "perfect" in the am and too loose in the pm OR they are T.I.G.H.T. in the am, but WONDERFUL in the pm. I'm fed up too.

However, I like Target jeans the best. I just bought a pair of Vera Wang jeans from Kohl's and I like them, but they're kind of loose as the day goes on.

:grouphug:

Dorinda

Well, I braved the store today and tried on 5 pair of the same brand of size 10 medium. 1 was unbelievably tight. 1 was saggy/baggy loose. 1 was tight in the wrong places. 1 was perfect in waist but ugly saggy in hips. 1 was perfect but gapped in the waist upon sitting.

I bought the perfect but gapped in waist. Now, if they don't completely change shape in the washer, I should have at least 2 good pair in my closet!

So, where did you go?

:bigear:

Do you mean elastic waisted polyester pants? Maybe that's what I need to get. ;)

Well, elastic waist yes but they come in so many more fabrics these days. You can get denim, velour, cotton, knit, fleece, linen. Also in several different styles from khaki slacks to yoga style. I have been meaning to start a thread on comfortable pants lately. I have just been so darn busy, tired and sore. Maybe today though. :001_smile:

I'm in the same boat searching for something that actually fits, and think so many women have a horrible time finding the right pair...no matter your size.

Gloria Vanderbelt (sp?) has some that are more traditional in style, and are consistently sized. Recently (After receiving a 2nd hand pair) I purchased two that look nice, even if they aren't my ideal style choice. They even come in size lengths...Yippie, no super drag, cuffing, high-waters or hemming required! They don't seem to stretch out and sag, and if there were more in my size, I would have scooped them up.

I'm ready to look into cord, other styles (even old-lady) or skirts, but it is so cold here, and I like jeans.

For me it isn't just jeans - it is any pants. If they fit in the waist they are too big in the butt, hip, thigh. If they fit in the butt, hip, thigh, they are too tight in the waist. My waist seems to be a size larger than the rest of my lower body. It is to the point where I would even pay big money for pants that fit, are comfortable, and are stylish.

Well, elastic waist yes but they come in so many more fabrics these days. You can get denim, velour, cotton, knit, fleece, linen. Also in several different styles from khaki slacks to yoga style. I have been meaning to start a thread on comfortable pants lately. I have just been so darn busy, tired and sore. Maybe today though. :001_smile:

I was teasing about the polyester thing. I do love love love some soft and comfy cotton yoga pants!!

You know, the way I found jeans that I like took some time, but I thought it was worth it: I went to the thrift store (Savers) and just tried on a LOT of jeans. And, in my area anyway, I had the chance to try on brands that I could never afford full-price (Lucky, Ann Taylor, etc.).

I found several that worked, after trying on lots and lots, and now I continue to buy my jeans from the thrift store, only now I know which brands might work, and it doesn't take as long to sort through the masses of denim. (I can also sort pretty easily just by looking towards the floor - I'm short, so I only grab the pairs that are obviously petite-cut - i.e., their bottom hems are dangling a couple inches above the spot where the rest of the jeans end.)

I also buy jeans that seem just the slightest bit tight in the store, because of the stretching problem PP's have mentioned.

Hope you can find something you like! I'm sorry it's such a pain. I wish jeans were sold by waist-hip-thigh-inseam measurements, in inches!

I have a weird body type. I dont really have a waist. I am cut more like a boy-straight through the thighs, hips, and waist. This is a huge problem! My pants need to be on the tight side to stay up at all in the hip because I am so straight, and then it creates a problem with my waist shrooming over the top of the pants. I cant wear (and really dont like the feeling anyway) of the waist high pants because I feel like I cannot breathe, they are so tight in the waist!

So far the boyfriend fit at American Eagle is the closest I have found to fitting, but they are anything but perfect. I still get slight shrooming, and by the middle of the day they are so loose I can pull them off without unbuttoning them at all! I cannot go down a size though. I am a 10 and the 8 will NOT button at all. I need a 9, which of course nobody makes. I think I might go back to wearing guys levis.

I used to love LLBean jeans. They had 2 styles that fit just perfect. They stopped making both a couple years ago :confused: The style they replaced them with just do not fit me well. 12 is huge and 10 is quite tight. So, I switched to Lee. Those are the only jeans I've been able to find that fit me. I've tried so many different brands and styles within brands. The Lees are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. Like someone else said, they tend to get baggy on me later in the day. They tend to gap at the waist. But, they are the closest I've found.

I don't know.....I used to have perfect jeans. So, I'm thinking the jeans are still perfect, it's what I'm putting into them that leave a bit to be desired.;)

:lol:

I disagree! When I go to buy new jeans, even with the 5-10 lbs I've gained, I end up buying the exact. same. size. No joke! I think they've shrunk. And, like a pp, I'm an odd size. 12s are too big, 10s can be too small. Why don't they make an 11?!

I don't understand why the kids are the only one to get the adjustable waist thing. Very unfair. I want hidden little buttons in my waistband connected to a forgiving piece of elastic that I can let in or out....depending, of course, on the time of the month and/or what I have shoved in my face that day:)

The ONLY jeans that I have ever found to fit were from J. Jill,

I love the way J Jill jeans fit, but even though I've washed them many times, the dye still comes off and leaves my hands and legs blue. Since they're made in China, I'm a little paranoid that I'm being poisoned. Back to the search...

I'm in the same boat searching for something that actually fits, and think so many women have a horrible time finding the right pair...no matter your size.

Gloria Vanderbelt (sp?) has some that are more traditional in style, and are consistently sized. Recently (After receiving a 2nd hand pair) I purchased two that look nice, even if they aren't my ideal style choice. They even come in size lengths...Yippie, no super drag, cuffing, high-waters or hemming required! They don't seem to stretch out and sag, and if there were more in my size, I would have scooped them up.

I'm ready to look into cord, other styles (even old-lady) or skirts, but it is so cold here, and I like jeans.

As far as jeans go these are the only ones still made that I know of that fit me. They have at the waist styling and just enough stretch in the fabric. They come in three different inseams and the ratio between the waist and hip fits me perfectly plus the rise is just right. I have been wearing these for about 10 years now (the same size too). I also used to wear Victoria Secret's Classic London Fit. It was also a traditional rise with just the right ratio between waist and hips, available in three inseams and with just the right amount of stretch. The legs had a little looser fit though. I have wore the same size jeans for probably 25 years now. However, I just recently started rearranging that weight and now my pants don't fit correctly anymore. I need a size larger. VS doesn't make that brand anymore but the last time I check JC Penney's still carries the GV jeans so I may get some of those in a larger size. I am also considering spending a day at Goodwill and just trying on everything they have. Truthfully, that about all I can afford.

I gave up on jeans. I feel like a teenager in them. I like colored cords. They fit better and are more comfortable.

:iagree:

I have switched to cords, too.

I wear them until it gets really hot, then I switch to shorts. They also look a tad nicer than jeans.

They are way easier to find a good fit with. I usually have good luck with J.C. Penny for them.