Menu

A Fun Christmas Survey - and I tag you all!

Here's a fun Christmas survey going around blogland that I thought would be fun here, too! Whether you respond here or on your blog and tag all of your friends, it's a great way to begin to get into the Christmas spirit!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

5. When do you put your decorations up?

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child?

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

12. Can you ice skate?

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert?

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

17. What tops your tree?

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?

21 Favorite Christmas Show?

22. Saddest Christmas Song?

23. What’s your Wish for Christmas?

Edited by DarcyB

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, definitely. I think egg nog is gross.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ll admit, IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m not a big fan of the Santa concept. I love St. Nick and sharing his story, and wouldĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ve loved if weĂ¢â‚¬â„¢d observed St. Nicholas Day on December 6th each year, but Russ loves the fun Santa experience. So in our house, Santa does the stocking. Mom & Dad do the cool presents. There are things we do like putting out reindeer food, having Santa on the roof around midnight, and doing MomĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s magical hot chocolate on Christmas Eve, but otherwise, Santa isnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t a huge presence in our house. There arenĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t any Santa ornaments, except for the one where heĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s worshiping baby Jesus (oh, and the Santa-nautĂ¢â‚¬Â¦my first ornament that I bought for myself that reflects my Ă¢â‚¬ËœdreamĂ¢â‚¬â„¢). But I try to make sure the familyĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s focus is on the worship and celebration of the birth of our Savior..not the commercial replacement for him.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love BRIGHT! Whether itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s white or color..I like the light. WeĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ve recently switched to LED for most of our lights, and I do have to say that while we have a ton of color, thereĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s no glow. I miss the glow. So we keep one regular set on the tree so it will glow along with the money-saving lights. But Russ says thereĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s now a warm light version of LEDĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s thatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s supposed to be more like what I miss, so IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m sure weĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ll be switching out over time to those.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No Ă¢â‚¬â€œ never saw the point. IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m not against the original Celt reason for this (wards off evil spirits, fertility, etc.), but I just never really saw the point. Besides, itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s bad juju for trees, so IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m not fond of celebrating a tree Ă¢â‚¬ËœweedĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ LOL

5. When do you put your decorations up? Typically it begins Thanksgiving weekend and takes us about a week to get it all done. We just go at a leisurely pace and make it fun. My sister-in-law used to make tree trimming a big deal with her kids were younger Ă¢â‚¬â€œ pizza and hot chocolate and brownies and Christmas music. Some years, IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m decorating inside, alone, while the boys are outside with Russ doing lights and outdoor decorations, but I do make sure that as we put up the Nativity set, the boys are helping.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? The cranberry jelly. Yep, that really gross stuff. I get it twice a yearĂ¢â‚¬Â¦at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s always been a treat. That and my GrandmotherĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s Christmas cookies that were always waiting for us in a tin when we arrived for our Christmas visit every year.

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Sitting around listening to my family after weĂ¢â‚¬â„¢d opened gifts at my Grandparents. ItĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s when I remember we were all happy. Grandpa would have burned us out of the lower level having stoked the fire in the furnace to blazing proportions, weĂ¢â‚¬â„¢d sit around and talk for a while, enjoying our presents, and it was just fun. ThatĂ¢â‚¬Â¦.and the year my Dad gave me the first present from him to me. It was a bracelet. I will remember that gift forever.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t remember ever believing in Santa, but IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m sure I probably did at some point, I suppose. I just have no recollection of any of it.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Typically, no. Unless weĂ¢â‚¬â„¢re giving pjĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s or have a special gift meant for Christmas Eve, presents are a Christmas morning ritual.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Heavily? I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t know. We just pull out boxes and start the lights, then put on the ornaments. I get misty eyed over a few special ones each year (the handmade ornaments my mom made years ago, baby ornaments when I realize how big the kids have grown, spiritually significant ones like our spike (with a placard that reads, Ă¢â‚¬Å“This is why He was born), and other things like that. THIS is the year, I promise, that IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m going to make an Ornament album with stories about our most special ornaments. IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m going to, IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m going to, IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m going to.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT! considering we donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t get it often, and most of the time itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s gone by noon, snow is awesome!!!

12. Can you ice skate? Not even to save my life.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The aforementioned bracelet from my Dad. It was the first gift that he ever gave me (not something mom bought for the both of them). It stands out most. That and the kitchen timer/temperature gage Russ bought me two years agoĂ¢â‚¬Â¦..because I bought him the exact same gift that yearĂ¢â‚¬Â¦.and we loved it!

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Most definitely it is all about the Ă¢â‚¬ËœReason for the SeasonĂ¢â‚¬â„¢. This is the time of year we celebrate the fulfillment of a promise made thousands of years go..brought to fruition in a tiny baby born in the most humble of circumstances, who is my Savior. All the rest is just fluff. Good fluff, though

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? I donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t know that I have an absolute favorite. If itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s sweet, IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m probably going to eat it this time of year unless it has candied fruit, coconut or raisins. But my favorite treat is Chex Mix. Weird, I know, but it was something Mom made every year. I even have the container she stored it in as well as the pan she made it in (along with birthday enchiladas, birthday cake and roast Ă¢â‚¬â€œ it was an all around pan), so I can make sure it tastes just right when I make it now.

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Gosh..favorite? Too many to name. We always had Tex-Mex for Christmas Eve, and a year when I had to miss out on it, I really missed it (any meal that isnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t Tex Mex can make me miss it and get all teary eyed at my lack). I love doing our Jesse Tree, and this is only our second year, but itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s already really set a place in my heart as we share what Advent is about. I love driving around town with hot chocolate in sippy cups, blankies, Christmas music blaring looking at Christmas lights around town, and MomĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s magical Christmas Eve hot chocolateĂ¢â‚¬Â¦.the boys are so cute about it. I love a Charlie Brown Christmas. I love getting together with our families. LOVE it.

17. What tops your tree? A star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? LOVE givingĂ¢â‚¬Â¦love the planning (hate the shopping) and love the crafting if IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m making a handmade gift). But the little girl in my does love receiving, too..canĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t lie about that.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I have a couple. O Holy Night. I used to hate it. We Ă¢â‚¬ËœsangĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ it in my deaf-education courses for a Christmas presentation one year, and I got to where I hated the song, just from listening to it over and over and over. Over time, it has begun to creep into my soul..and has become the epitome of Christmas for me. Little Drummer Boy is my favorite from my childhood. And a new favorite that I found last year is How Many Kings by one of my new favorite bands, Downhere

I also have to add that the Chipmunks Christmas song has a special place in my heart. My Grandfather loved the Chipmunks, and weĂ¢â‚¬â„¢d always listen to this song every Christmas with him when I was younger, and it was great to look over at him and see his face. I miss that face.

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Nope.

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Charlie Brown Christmas

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Christmas Shoes for Christmas by NewSong. or whatever itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s called. Not saddest..but lamest attempt at pulling at the heartstrings. I turn the channel anytime itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s on. That probably makes me pretty grinchy, but I really dislike it.

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas. Always the same..that the world will recognize the Savior in the tiny baby we celebrate at Christmas

Here's a fun Christmas survey going around blogland that I thought would be fun here, too! Whether you respond here or on your blog and tag all of your friends, it's a great way to begin to get into the Christmas spirit!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both. Hot chocolate made with real cocoa and with whipped cream on top. Eggnog with orange juice for breakfast, yum.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We all wrap presents. If it is too big to be wrapped it just sits out.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We don't have a lot of lights and they are a mix of color and white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually my oldest son is dragging stuff out of the storage closet the day after Thanksgiving. He didn't do it this year. No decorations up yet.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I would love to have roast lamb for Christmas Eve dinner, but we haven't been able to do that for a couple of years, it would cost a fortune to feed all the people who will be here.

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Going out with my dad and cutting a Christmas tree, then hanging all the beautiful blown glass ornaments my mom bought in Europe, and putting on the angel with fiberglass wings. That all stopped when I was 10 and my father decided Christians should not celebrate Christmas. It's kind of a bitter sweet memory.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember ever believing in Santa.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we open gifts from my mom then because she wants to see the kids open hers and she is not here Christmas day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights first, then ornaments. Everyone helps and Christmas music is playing.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT! considering we don’t get it often, and most of the time it’s gone by noon, snow is awesome!!!

12. Can you ice skate? Only 3 times in my life.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't think I have a favorite. The ones I remember the most: The baby doll in the crib that sat up by itself, the doll with the hair that grew, the red fleece bathrobe my mother made me.

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Seeing my children and grandson have a good time.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? I actually like fruitcake, especially to go with eggnog. I also love all the special cookies people make. Anything with chocolate or mint is good too.

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Watching the Christmas movies with the kids and listening to the music. We watch a Muppet's Christmas Carol every Christmas Eve.

17. What tops your tree? A stuffed candy cane that I made out of red and white striped material.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? All the oldies, especially if sung by Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby and Johnny Mathis.

20. Candy Canes: In hot chocolate, or crushed in chocolate peppermint bark, or crushed in chocolate crinkles.

21 Favorite Christmas Show? You're going to think I'm crazy: Desk Set, While You Were Sleeping, Meet Me in St. Louis, and White Christmas.

22. Saddest Christmas Song? I prefer not to listen to sad Christmas songs. But if John Denver sings them, I will cry, even if they are not sad.

His voice just does that to me. I'm a sap.

23. What’s your Wish for Christmas. My kids no longer ask me what I want because they know I will say "Peace on Earth."

You asked for it. :D

Edited by Onceuponatime

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa dosn't wrap! All the presents from Mom and Dad are wrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend usually- though we are finishing today this year.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Corn Casserole

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Christmas Eve with the whole family at my Aunts house.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Honestly I don't remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? New PJs for the kids

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights and gold and maroon decorations

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, but we don't get much in Atlanta!

12. Can you ice skate? Sort of

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The Year I got the whole Strawberry Shortcake set

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Spending time with family.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? One my SIL makes.

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? I have lots, but watching A Christmas Story with the kids.

17. What tops your tree? An Angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both, but I LOVE to pick out just the right thing and give!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I'll be Home For Christmas

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yuck

21 Favorite Christmas Show? A Christmas Story and Elf

23. What’s your Wish for Christmas? To have a relaxing day with the family.

hot chocolate

mom and dad wrap most presents, some are just sitting under/in front of the tree

either

no

sometimes a couple of days before Christmas, sometimes the day after Thanksgiving- depends on what's going on around here

sweet potato pie

going to my grandma's early Christmas morning and playing with my cousins the rest of the day

I don't remember how old I was, but whenever I asked my mom told me the truth but said it's okay to pretend if I want to

yes

With crocheted Totoro's on top, and clay acorns/mushrooms that we made

hanging on the branches- along with other miscellaneous ornaments we've collected over the years. Our tree is prelit with white lights.

Would love it if we had it

12. Can you ice skate?

No

A set of bookends DH bought for me our first Christmas together

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you?

Enjoying the time with our kids

My mom's Divinity

being home on Christmas Day and relaxing while the kids enjoy their new stuff

17. What tops your tree?

Totoro

Giving- wish we were rich

'Tis the Season

Little Drummer Boy with David Bowie

yum but sticky

A Christmas Story

Holiday songs should be cheery- I don't know any sad Christmas songs

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas?

peace

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I like both.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes.

5. When do you put your decorations up? It used to be not until after my birthday (December 13th), but now we are starting to put them up around December 1st.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Turkey. Seriously, I LOVE turkey.

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Santa leaving a baby doll that I wanted on my pillow.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 1982/4th grade. One of the kids in my class told everyone.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Very organized. Elegantly. Color coordinated.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow is pretty on greeting cards, in movies and a nice dusting Christmas morning. Other than that, I find it repulsive.

12. Can you ice skate? No.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No.

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? I'm a hostess by nature. I like wrapping presents, I like baking. I like decorating. I want everyone to have a happy, magical, wonderful day without any of the worries of everyday life.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Graham cracker cake. It's not that it's the greatest dessert on Earth. It's something that my Grandmother always made. I was very close to her. She's been gone 20 years now, and that cake always reminds me of her and my childhood Christmases.

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? On Christmas Eve we make loaded nachos for dinner and watch the Hogfather. It's the only tradition we have in our immediate family. Everything else we do is something carried over from my Mom and Grandmother.

17. What tops your tree? A bow.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Holly Jolly Christmas, Wonderful Christmas Time (Paul McCartney), Little Drummer Boy (the Bing Crosby & David Bowie version), but pretty much anything Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby or Burl Ives.

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Candy canes are good. I like the traditional peppermint ones, but I really don't eat them anymore. I do stir my hot chocolate with one though.

21 Favorite Christmas Show? I don't have one.

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Do They Know It's Christmas.

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? That everyone is warm, dry, and fed, surrounded by the people they love.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Unwrapped

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White for my preference, but our big tree always has colored lights because the kids and dh like them best.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Most go up right after Thanksgiving dinner. The big tree goes up about mid-December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Sweet Potato Casserole.

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Getting up and seeing the Santa presents under the tree on Christmas morning. It was so "magical."

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My dad (who was not married to my mom at the time) told me when I was just 5 years old. It sucked. My mom continued to do Santa for me until I was 15 - even if I didn't believe. :)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, usually a special gift that was not under the tree.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have 4. The kids have their own in their rooms. My older son goes for blue and white with colored lights. My younger son likes red and green with colored lights. My tree upstairs has white lights and is decorated in a really "Country kitchen" theme - i.e. I have chicken ornaments on there! LOL The big tree will be decorated with handmade ornaments and family heirlooms - colored lights per the kids' request.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it the first time or two it happens each year. Then hate it.

12. Can you ice skate? Yep. :)

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? YES! A make it and bake it oven. I also loved my shrinky-dinks.

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? That my kids understand the real meaning for the season. I want them to learn a spirit of GIVING at Christmas rather than a spirit of receiving.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Apple Cake - okay, so that is not just a holiday dessert, but still. I love fudge and peppermint bark too.

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Doing the Advent calendar everyday as we count down to Christmas.

17. What tops your tree? A Star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving. Dh and I do not get gifts from each other on Christmas. We ask our parents not to buy for us at all. The only thing we get is if the kids make us something.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night and Once Upon a Christmas

20. Candy Canes: YUM

21 Favorite Christmas Show? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Hands down...that song about the shoes! "I wanna buy these shoes for my momma please...." "I want her to look beautiful if momma meets Jesus tonight.." *SOB*

23. What’s your Wish for Christmas? Good Health and happiness

Edited by Tree House Academy

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white on tree, colored on house

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Haven't before, will be this year

5. When do you put your decorations up? I did it yesterday

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Beef Rouladen

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Dad putting up our blue Christmas lights around our entire home. Setting up the Christmas tree on December 23rd every year...waiting was TORTURE. All of our friends had theirs up, but they had this weird tradition of waiting until the last minute.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 5; I was allowed to stay up past midnight on Christmas Eve (yikes!) and there was a fire blazing in the fireplace. I looked at the fireplace and announced, "Santa isn't real, right? Because if he was, he would've been here at midnight (not sure where I got the "midnight" deadline) and he would have burned up."

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? One.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Mish mash of ornaments, but most are blown glass. Have red star garland, crystal-looking "diamond" pendants and silver filler balls to give it a overall silver and red look with.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Depends. Love it in a cold climate because people know how to act in it. Hate it someplace where it's unusual because people act like IDIOTS.

12. Can you ice skate? Yep, even backwards.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I got a two sided art easel when I turned six. I played with that for YEARS!

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Christ.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? My Mom's English trifle with good cherry schnapps :)

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Singing Christmas carols in the candle light at church on Christmas Eve.

17. What tops your tree? A silver filigree star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Recieving :blush:

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Sacred: Silent Nightl; Secular: Christmas Time is Here from Charlie Brown Christmas

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum!

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Charlie Brown Christmas

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Blue Christmas by Elvis...it just kills me. Don't know why...

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? That DH doesn't get stuck in Florida because he's going TDY DECEMBER 21 - 23RD!!!! :crying: :mad:

Thanks! Fun poll!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I like hot chocolate best, but rarely have it. I like egg nog too, but just a sip here and there. Boiled custard is even better - tastes like melted vanilla ice cream.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Neither. He doesn't wrap, but doesn't put presents under the tree, that is where wrapped presents from family & friends go. Santa leaves ours on the sofa/chairs. Each family member has their own spot.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights, for sure.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but if it's up somewhere... watch out. :)

5. When do you put your decorations up? I don't do a lot of decorating. I love my Nativity, so it stays out all year. We'll go pick out a tree next week and get busy. No set date for that.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Just one? We always have aged beef tenderloin, jalepeno creamed spinach, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes and a few others, but those are my faves.

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? I can't think of just one, but I loved family time. Playing games, putting on family performances, caroling... fun, fun, fun!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember how, but I was on the older side... maybe 6th grade.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Kids always open gift from my Dad and stepmom - it's always pjs. :) When I was a child, my sister and I opened a gift from my dad's parents on Christmas Eve - pjs.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Anything goes. Our tree is a combination of ornaments from my youth (think 70's sequin mouse in a stocking), santas, baby Jesus/nativity, patriotic, kid-made, colored glass balls, all kinds. Oh and again, colored lights. Love our tree.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, but don't like driving/riding in it. I don't trust other people to travel in the snow.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Star Studio (a karaoke type boom box)

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? That my children know what Christmas is really all about. Don't get me wrong - we LOVE Santa and all that goes with his spirit.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Cracked Sugar Cookies or my cutout cookies. Or the katula squares. Can you tell it's hard for me to make up my mind??

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Our church makes and delivers Christmas cookies on Christmas Eve to all those who have to work that day and also to shut-ins. All who want to participate, show up, get cookies & directions to a few places to visit and then off with your family you go. Such fun!

17. What tops your tree? A red tin star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?I could never pick just one. I love The First Noel and O Holy Night for traditional songs. I also love Mary Did You Know, Casting Crowns I Heard the Bells, and Third Day Jesus, Light of the World and Strange Way to Save the World by 4Him.

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? YUM!

21 Favorite Christmas Show? It's a Wonderful Life

22. Saddest Christmas Song? I haven't heard it since I was young, but I remember a song called (maybe?) Dear Mister Jesus.

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? Should this be realistic or not?

Realistic: I hope to remember to be a light. Always.

Not so realistic: An end to hurting in this world. That cancer wouldn't exist, that people wouldn't be starving and living on the streets, that everyone would have clean water to drink... Really, I could go on and on and on.

Cocoa

Mix

Colored

Yes

Angel

All of them

Don't have one

Age 10 my dad went to sea two days after my mom broke her leg. This was the week before Easter. I was Easter Bunny for my sibling.

Yes

Mish-mash - colorful

Love it!

12. Can you ice skate?

Yes - slowly

Yes

The immediate family together.

Cookies

The food

17. What tops your tree?

Angel

Both about equally

Carol of the Bells

Yum

A Christmas Carol

Little Drummer Boy

World peace or my dd's happiness.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? both-tacky I know, but the kids love it

4. Do you hang mistletoe? no-we just go stand under an oak tree outside, there is plenty up there!

5. When do you put your decorations up? 2nd Week of December, we put out the Nativity and the Advent Calendars on the 1st (thats today YAY). We like to just have the Nativity for a week before we add in the secular parts.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? yams

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? when my family rented a cabin in Tahoe for Christmas one year.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I always knew...I had good hearing!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not usually, unless we are having a celebration with extended family on Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve is DS's birthday, so we try to have a special evening about him.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With lights and ornaments, kids doing most of the ornaments...

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? love/hate! I love it if I can just be snowed in and I dont need to go anywhere. I hate it if I needed to be out, or worse, if I am already out when it starts! Snow is very dangerous here!

12. Can you ice skate? sorta! I mean i can get from point a to point b without falling, but it is not graceful!:lol:

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child? it was an atari As an adult? My DS

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Celebrating Jesus with my family, and of course having a happy family!

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Cookies

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Reading the Christmas story before opening gifts while snuggled in pjs and throw blankets and sipping hot cocoa with marshmellows.

17. What tops your tree? whatever the kids have created that year as a topper!

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both honestly! I love having my kids excited, but who really doesnt like getting a gift themselves?:tongue_smilie:

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Let it snow and Marshmellow world

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? the peppermint kind-yum, other flavors-yuck

21 Favorite Christmas Show? The grinch, elf, the old classic animated ones that they play every year on TV.

22. Saddest Christmas Song? cant think of one....

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? For my DH to work a little harder at embracing a holiday (he has a scrouge complex:glare:)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Love hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps every single present unless it something that just can't be wrapped, like a bike

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored on the tree/white on the house

4. Do you hang mistletoe? nope

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving, but we are doing it this weekend

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I don't have a fav, I love them all!! :)

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? the last Christmas with my uncle

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I was about 9/10 I guess, really don't remember

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? we were allowed to open just one on Christmas Eve growing up, but I don't do that now! Otherwise, I would never get them to bed!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? depends on the mood..we have a bunch of special ornaments that go on first after the lights are on, then we just add what we want to make it pretty! :)

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Never had a white Christmas, looking forward to one of those. I've only seen snow in the last 4 yrs, I'm a bit over it now!

12. Can you ice skate? Ha, no!!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I had many favorite gifts!! They were all great!

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Family, food, and the kids big smiles!!

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? cookies and pie

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? picking out what to leave Santa and the reindeer! It's just cute and fun!

17. What tops your tree? An angel!

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? giving to my children, my extended family is all down south, so we don't see them

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night, and Frosty :)

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? depends on my mood, I probably only have one

21 Favorite Christmas Show? all the kids stuff

23. What’s your Wish for Christmas? too many to list, some just too personal!

Hot Chocolate

No Santa, I wrap and put under the tree.

I like both.

No.

Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving, but we were sick, so maybe this weekend.

Pecan Pie

Being with my grandparents.

I think I was about 8, and I don't remember how I figured it out.

Yes.

Mostly with snowman ornaments.

Love it!

12. Can you ice skate?

Yes.

No.

Honestly, getting through. I like it, but it brings up a lot of bad memories, too.

Pecan Pie

Going through Starbucks and then driving around town looking at lights with dd.

17. What tops your tree?

Star.

Giving

O Holy Night.

Good for stirring into the aforementioned hot chocolate.

Either Charlie Brown Christmas, or The Year Without a Santa Claus.

I'm opposed to sad Christmas music.

Get through it without going broke.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? No Santa

5. When do you put your decorations up? After Dec 1

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mom's sour cream mashed potatos

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Huge extended family gatherings (100 people)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Never knew anything but the truth

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Stockings

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? W/ ornaments

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it

12. Can you ice skate? No

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Family

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Cookies

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Christmas Lights

17. What tops your tree? Star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum

21 Favorite Christmas Show? White Christmas

22. Saddest Christmas Song? None

. I don't make/have Christmas wishes

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? tree=multi, house=white

4. Do you hang mistletoe? no

5. When do you put your decorations up? Dec. 1

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? cran-apple-pear salad

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? St. Nick stockings

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? SC was always just a fun story/game

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? no

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? eclectic mix of meaningful ornaments and lots of crochet snowflakes

11. Snow! Love it:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub: or Dread it?

12. Can you ice skate? not anymore

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? kid: Magic Markers Adult: Nativity Set from dh

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? celebrating Jesus

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? red velvet cake

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? decorating the tree, The Advent Book and driving around looking at lights

17. What tops your tree? angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? both!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Hippo for Christmas and I Celebrate the Day

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Santa Claus is Coming to Town

22. Saddest Christmas Song? can't think of one

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? Joy! :party:

Fun Survey!:D

I love these things!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We don't do Santa, but all the presents are wrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I prefer white, but Patrick and the girls like colored, so colored it is.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope because I'm pretty sure it's poisonous, and I'm sure one of the kids or cats would eat it before the holiday was over.

5. When do you put your decorations up? We usually get our tree and decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving, but we couldn't this year because we all have had that horrible stomach virus. So we will probably do it this weekend.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Oh so many! I love all the desserts the most, like pecan pie and fudge!

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Mostly just spending Christmas mornings at home with my family.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The girls their gifts to each other and their pajamas from us. Patrick and I usually open our gifts to each other as well.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Haphazardly, lol! And then the cats help us rearrange it. :D

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

12. Can you ice skate? Not if I want to keep all my bones intact.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? nothing sticks out

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Jesus

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? fudge!

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? So many! I love our 25 days of Christmas celebration that started today. We do something Christmasy every day until Christmas. I love giving the girls matching pajamas on Christmas Eve. I love going to the Grove Park Inn to see the gingerbread houses.

17. What tops your tree? angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O, Holy Night

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? YUMMY! But only the traditional red and white. I don't like the fruity, etc flavored ones.

21 Favorite Christmas Show? My favorite Christmas movie is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and I also love Rudolph.

22. Saddest Christmas Song? I'll Be Home for Christmas especially since both of my brothers are in the military and we haven't had them both home for Christmas in three years.

23. What’s your Wish for Christmas? Peace and Love

Hot Chocolate

No Santa

White

No

Whenever the kids make some. We put up the tree on or about December 21st

Dessert

Christmas Eve service at my grandparents' church followed by a long drive home looking at all the lights.

Age 6 or 7. I read it in the note to parents section at the back of a Sunday school book.

No

About 50% homemade ornaments (many crocheted by my grandmother) and 50% purchased. The purchased include photo ornaments of my children (I get a new one each year), ceramic birds, and plain red balls.

As long as I don't need to drive in it, I love it.

12. Can you ice skate?

No

A wristwatch - it was the only thing I asked for that year. I was sure my parents would decide it was too expensive, especially as I needed boots and a coat that year. I got all three.

Watching my children enjoy the season

Nut tassies

Looking at the lights

17. What tops your tree?

Crocheted Angel

Giving

Silent Night

Indifferent

The Grinch (The old cartoon version)

Mary did you know?

To make it through the season without screaming at anyone.

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. Don't know why.

5. When do you put your decorations up? we usually start the day after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Candied yams

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? My mom had a little pine cone elf village. every day she would put a different one out and I had to guess what it was. It got sorta hard after the first 10!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Neighborhood kids told me at Easter, when I was about 7. (It all started with the Easter Bunny!)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? nope

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? white lites and rustic ornaments.

12. Can you ice skate? Nope

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A necklace from danshelley.com that has an outline of the Tetons with a moose.

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Christ's birth and family time.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Pie

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Christmas Eve service and the Chinese buffet afterwards

17. What tops your tree? I don't remember. I think It's a Tin Star but I'm not real sure.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Mary's Little Boy Child, Mary did you Know, Oh Holy Night

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Neutral

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Little Drummer Boy

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Labor of Love

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? Health and Happiness for my family

22. Saddest Christmas Song? I'll Be Home for Christmas especially since both of my brothers are in the military and we haven't had them both home for Christmas in three years.

Thanks for the reminder to pray for the military families during this season. It has got to be SO DIFFICULT!! :grouphug:

Hi everyone! I thought this post was a good one in which to introduce myself. I've been lurking around for quite a while, but I'm ready to start posting. :001_smile:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. I think egg nog is yucky.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wrap!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored because my kids like them. I mentioned getting white ones one time and they all acted like I suggested canceling Christmas.

5. When do you put your decorations up? right after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I don't know, I don't really make anything out of the ordinary.

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? waking up on Christmas morning and opening presents.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I figured it out when I was about 10. It just wasn't logical.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I did this as a child and now my kids do.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? colored lights and our mish mash of ornaments. The kids each get one every year. I let them decorate the tree and I don't worry about it not being perfect.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it until, oh, about March.

12. Can you ice skate? yes

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember getting a Cabbage Patch Kid the first year they came out.

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Being together as a family.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? sugar cookies

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? both sides of the family getting together for a big party

17. What tops your tree? star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Little Drummer Boy

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Eh, they're ok.

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Rudolph

22. Saddest Christmas Song? I refuse to listen to sad Christmas songs. I think they should be outlawed.

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? Just a nice day with family.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? - Hot Chocolate with a shot of Bailey's

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Clear

4. Do you hang mistletoe? (No)

5. When do you put your decorations up? (Weekend after Thanksgiving)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? (Sweet Potato Cassarole)

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Can't really recall

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? The year I snuck downstairs and reaaranged all the presents and my parents informed me that that was not the was that they were.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have a toy theme. So tons of minuture toys, mostly classics. There are a few other thrown in that kind of fit like the Starbucks, light up Krispy Kreme, and the Cracker Barrell.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT! From inside the window of course.

12. Can you ice skate? Are you insane? It would only take a single fall to shatter every bone in my body

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A Fisher Price Little People hospital. I am still a little people freak.

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Freinds and family.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? French Silk Pie

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Swiss Colony

17. What tops your tree? A Porceline doll from Germany

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Bah-hum-bug song by the Waitress is a family favorite but my absolute favorite is Father Christmas by ELP

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yuck!

21 Favorite Christmas Show? We don't have one now that you can watch them any old time

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Anything having to do with dead parents or asbused children.

23. What’s your Wish for Christmas? That finances start to improve for the whole family and that no one else dies for awhile, I just don't know how much more of that I can take.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both. I refuse to choose. :D

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps. Santa has this weird thing about organizing the presents by child and size. It drives Mrs Clause a little crazy.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored on the tree. We don't decorate outside

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope

5. When do you put your decorations up? Uh... sometime before xmas? LOL

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? dressing with gravy

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? sitting in a dark livingroom with the tree lit up, listening to records of christmas carols

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What do you mean? What truth about Santa? :tongue_smilie:

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? homemade ornaments

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! Never get it, but we go crazy playing in the little dusting we get every few years.

12. Can you ice skate? Never been ice skating

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Getting a bottle of perfume when I was about 10 or 11. It was so grown up. The bottle was very pretty and kept it for a long time afterwards.

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? That the kids have a great time, and a chance to create memories to look back on.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? I don't have a specifically xmas related dessert I like. Pie is good, we usually only have it on holidays.

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? driving around looking at lights. Standing in the freezing cold watching parades

17. What tops your tree? Angel

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I want a hippopatamous for xmas

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Charlie Brown

22. Saddest Christmas Song? ???

Just for the kids to enjoy it, and hopefully make a someome's holiday a little brighter.

Yes, please.

Santa doesn't have time to wrap presents!

White on the tree, colored on the house.

When we live in a climate where it is available.

After Thanksgiving, before Christmas Eve. :D

Dressing.

I can't think of a specific one.

I think it was gradual, I can't think of a singular moment.

Yes, but it's new pajamas. :D

White lights, a mix of ornaments, German tree topper.

I hate the cold generally speaking. We certainly will not have snow here.

12. Can you ice skate?

No.

My 14 year old daughter who arrived on December 22.

Family.

Christmas Cookies

Hm, it depends upon where we are living at the moment. For this duty station? Going to the beach after Christmas dinner.

17. What tops your tree?

It's similar to this. We bought it when we lived in Germany.

Giving.

O Holy Night

Meh.

Movie? Scrooged

I'll Be Home For Christmas, this one really makes me weep, especially in the years hubby will not be home.

I'm going to pass one this one. :)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Ewwww to Egg Nog, so Hot Chocolate with LOTS of mini-marshmellows!!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap, always in special paper!!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, always!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No... I used to, but haven't though of doing it in forever....

5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving day or the day after :)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Turkey and my grandmother's homemade gravy!!

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Traveling between all the houses... I can still remember the smell of the air, the lights, the excitement, the warmth of the homes and seeing everyone. And I use to just love looking at the tree all decorated in the dark ;)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember, but it wasn't a fond one :(

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I used to, but we don't.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Well I changed it this year... it used to be light blue, silver, white and clear ornaments. But I am a penguin and polar bear lover by heart, so as beautiful as the tree was, I went with my heart. I've had fun collecting the various penguin, polar bear and snowmen this year. I still use the snowflakes though.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOOOOOOVE it!!! But I live in TX :(

12. Can you ice skate? Nope, never tried...

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A gold heart ring. The hearts were on their side, and continued all the way around. I fell in love with it (my grandfather was a jeweler) and so did my grandmother. I worked all that winter in my grandfather's old shed pulling waxes to buy that for her. And little did either of us know, she bought one for me too... it was a fond Christmas memory :001_wub:

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? To try and keep the reason for the season remembered.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Pun'kin pie with fresh whipped cream!

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Our family Christmas Eve party every year.

17. What tops your tree? Nothing. I've had a star and I think an angel, but it always tilts the tree, and it's just so pretty without it. Heck, it's even pretty without the ornaments.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? GIVING!!!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Mannn, so many. My childhood favorite has always been Silent Night though. I use to sing it to my babies too.

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum

21 Favorite Christmas Show? I am a fan of the old shows... Charlie Brown, Frosty, etc...

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Frick, Christmas Shoes!! LOL I just answered this in another thread...

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? That I'd like to keep to myself ;)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? HC

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? both or a white tree & a multi color one, if we have 2.

5. When do you put your decorations up? day after ThxG

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? The quiet of Xmas Eve.. still is

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Saw wrapping under the brown paper of a gift send via the mail.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? with handmade items from around the world

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it.

12. Can you ice skate? yes, but don't anymore

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? no

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? family & food

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? my dead MIL pecan pie (she took the recipe to her grave).

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Don't really have one

17. What tops your tree? A star

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "Down In Yon Forest" sung by Joan Baez

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Charlie Brown!

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Not sure it sad, but brooding... Gabriel's Message by Sting

Peace, health, you know... usually stuff.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Yes!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Neither.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the main tree. The kids picked colored lights for theirs'.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually Thanksgiving weekend, but we're a bit behind due to travelling and an avalanche of birthdays.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Creamed onions and stuffed dates. (Not together, ewww.)

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Sitting on the top of the stairs with my sister and listening to the adults as they talked, laughed, and wrapped gifts.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When he left a note for me (my parents were trying to keep the fantasy alive) and I compared the handwriting on the note to my mom's a realized they matched... and thus, a forensic scientist was born. (Did the same with the Easter Bunny, too.) I think I was about 8, but I may have been younger.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I didn't until I was married. I grew up opening gifts Christmas morning and dh grew up opening them Christmas Eve. So now, adults exchange gifts Christmas Eve and we exchange gifts with the kids in the morning. Stockings have always been in the morning for both of us.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have three trees. The kids decorate their trees with gifts my mom has given them (she loves ornaments) and some of mine from when I was little in addition to ornaments they make themselves. The main tree has white lights, red bows, and lots of silver, crystal, and red and/ or white ceramic ornaments. I love our tree.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it. Miss it.

12. Can you ice skate? Vertically? No.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Received: A jigsaw puzzle that had no picture and when it was put together it provided a riddle to solve. Given: The family calendars I make every year.

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Celebrating Advent and the Incarnation.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Tassies (mini pecan pies)

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Lighting the Advent candles every night with my family.

17. What tops your tree? A large bow.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (Little Drummer Boy and A'Soalin' are close, though)

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Depends on my mood... usually yum.

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Show: Charlie Brown Christmas, Movie: March of the Wooden Soldiers (in black and white)

22. Saddest Christmas Song? I don't like sad Christmas songs, so I don't listen to them.

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? For my dh to find the confidence he needs to pass his oral exams in Feb and publicly be the confident, intelligent man he is with me in private.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wrap

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? tree=mix, house=white

5. When do you put your decorations up? after thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? ham/pumpkin pie

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? opening stockings, and the year I got my Sarah doll

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?at Easter, when the EB brought me shorts that had to be returned 3 times- mom blew it on the third "they don't fit"and I asked about S

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? lights and ornaments-:lol:

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?LOVE IT

12. Can you ice skate? no

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes, my Sarah doll as a kid (I named it Sarah, after my mother- I still have it)

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? my family having fun

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? pumpkin pie

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Santa

17. What tops your tree? an angel

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? "O Holy Night", "Hark the Herald Angels" "I ain't gettin nuthin for Christmas" and more....:lol:

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? yum

21 Favorite Christmas Show? White Christmas, Charlie Brown, and The original Grinch

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Christmas shoes

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas?peace, happiness,

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? HOT CHOCOLATE!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps, except for really big things (like a bike)

4. Do you hang mistletoe? when I can find it fresh here!

5. When do you put your decorations up? as soon as I can near Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Pecan crusted sweet potatos

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Getting my first Cabbage Patch Preemie! I am Christian, but my parents never took us to church growing up, so the reason for the season was presents back then.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What?? There's no Santa?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We let the kids open their ornament and matching pjs on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Eclectically! I love all types of ornaments. We also use poinsetta leaves and ribbon garland

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!

12. Can you ice skate? Yes

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? see above

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Jesus, of course and secondly spending time with my family.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Pecan Pie

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Christmas Cookie baking!

17. What tops your tree? An Angel with a light

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? giving!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night or Hark, the Hearld Angels Sing

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Charlie Brown and A Christmas Story

22. Saddest Christmas Song? hmm...

23. Wish for Christmas? I have so many...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored!

5. When do you put your decorations up? AFTER Thanksgiving!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Hashbrown casserole - I can't make it, but friends of ours do and it's delicious!

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Figuring out the truth about Santa

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I figured it out myself. Around first grade or so, parents asked if I had any questions about Santa. So I asked why our fireplace doors were never accidentally left ajar and why Santa's handwriting looked so much like Dad's. The next morning (Christmas), the fireplace door was left ajar and Santa's handwriting had changed. Well, DUH!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Ours is fiber optic, and we just put some tinsel and plain ball ornaments on it.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it!

12. Can you ice skate? If I must...

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A Cabbage Patch Kid the year they were first out.

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Seeing my girls have fun.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? My molasses cookies

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Scavenger hunting for a present

17. What tops your tree? Star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Er, both! :D

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night, Carol of the Bells, and Don't Save it all for Christmas Day

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum, but MUST be peppermint. Cherry = YUCK

21 Favorite Christmas Show? The Rankin/Bass specials - Rudolph and Santa Claus

22. Saddest Christmas Song? I don't know.

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? That we can scrape together enough money to give the girls a great Christmas. And that we can get out of going to BIL's. :tongue_smilie:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?sit them under the tree

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?white on the tree

4. Do you hang mistletoe?Nope. Can't find it

5. When do you put your decorations up?Thanksgiving week

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?hmmmm...so hard to say! turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child?I just remember all the decorating and baking we did as a family. I loved that

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?I don't remember, but, I knew when I was pretty young.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?We open our stockings on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?Everything is red, silver, and gold with white lights.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?LOVE it!

12. Can you ice skate?Yes.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?I don't remember much about the gifts I've received. It just isn't that important to me.

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you?Family

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert?Chocolate anything!

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?Our Gingerbread House

17. What tops your tree?a Star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?Giving. For sure.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?O Holy Night and Silent Night

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?YUMMO!

21 Favorite Christmas Show?Scrooge--the one with Ablert Finney that's a musical

22. Saddest Christmas Song?Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas?Joy

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both, but I prefer Egg Nog during the Christmas season.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He does both, it depends on my motivation.:001_smile:

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Coloured on tree but none on house because we live in an apartment and I am not scaling the building to hang lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nah

5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as I can find them. We moved and I have no idea where I put them.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I really enjoy everything but I like cheese trays a lot.

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? The year we didn't have a lo of money and my mother hand made Barbie and doll clothes for all of toys.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 8 or 9 I think.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, not usually unless someone comes over and asks us to open their gift while they are there.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It's a free for all.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! If I hated it I would be doomed because we get a lot. I find it peaceful.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but I haven't in a long while so the answer might be no now.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The handmade gifts my mother made me as a child and my father made a huge wooden doll house for me. Nothing compares to that dollhouse. My dh is sick of hearing me talk about it when we come across the cheaply made ones in stores.

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Family time.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Anything that is sweet.

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? I don't think we have any traditions.

17. What tops your tree? Whatever dd6 puts on it. Last year it was a Barbie dressed as a fairy angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? It's proper to say giving, but I also really like to get a well thought out gift.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? ???I generally like older songs for Christmas.

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum unless they are old.

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Grinch/Rudolph/Mickey's Christmas Carol

22. Saddest Christmas Song? ???????

23. What’s your Wish for Christmas? Peace and happiness within our family. I would say the world but I am keeping it small and realistic.

Edited by sarawatsonim

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? everything's wrapped

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white

5. When do you put your decorations up? usually after Hannukah.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Don't know - I'm just not about the food

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? ice skating/sledding after presents on my grandparents canal.

HAHA - oh I got in big trouble for this one - Thanksgiving day - I was 8-yo. After getting all dressed up I was required to sit in my mother's chair in the living room AND NOT MOVE. I could reach my mom's magazine rack and ended up reading an article about "whether or not you should tell your children that Santa is real or not".

Genius that I was, I thought it was a great idea to bring this great revelation I discovered up in front of the whole extended family - including younger cousins and my baby sister - at the Thanksgiving dinner table. Loud uproar ensued and I got yanked from the table and got a good swattting and was told children who don't believe in Santa don't get Christmas presents at all.

Needless to say - I believe in Santa to this very day!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I don't - my daughter does - pjs and an ornament.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Favorite ornaments and my daughter's ornaments - it's very childlike - with disney characters, precious moments and fairies. - red garland and white lights

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Miss it! ~ live in Florida

12. Can you ice skate? Not as well as I used to.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Trip to ireland

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? I'm not sure, I've lost the Christmas spirit - it's hard to be gun-ho about Christmas in the house when you're married to someone who is of a different faith. I try hard to make it good for my daughter, but I've lost the joy for myself - basically because it's hard to build that holiday energy by yourself.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? My grandmother's molasses chocolate chip bars or her coca-cola chocolate cake, haven't had either for years.

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? The only traditions we have is the pj's/ornament Christmas eve, and reading The Night Before Christmas and the Navitity story.

17. What tops your tree? Angel

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I'll be Home for Christmas and My Grown-up Christmas List

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? peppermint flavor- yuck, candy flavored - yum

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Charlie Brown christmas special

22. Saddest Christmas Song? I'll be Home For Christmas

23. What’s your Wish for Christmas? I don't have any wishes for Christmas - except for presents Christmas morning - Christmas is a pretty non-event in our household - they don't even have a Christmas concert at Boo's school. I guess I wish I could find some Christmas spirit - it gets harder each year.

Edited by piraterose

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog whilst decorating, homemade white hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows at my mom's house.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Just sit them.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Hopefully this Thursday, but never before Thanksgiving and always at least two weeks before Christmas.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mother's shortbread

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? The one and only white Christmas I ever had, also the year I got my bicycle.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What are you talking about? What about Santa? SANTA IS REAL.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My brother and I opened our gifts from each other on Christmas Eve and now my kids do the same.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Eclectically?

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Wish we'd have a little more of it!

12. Can you ice skate? In the sense that it hasn't killed me, yes. In the sense that I don't fall down, no.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My Little Pony Paradise Estates

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Family togetherness

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Tollhouse Pie

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Eggs Benedict on Christmas morning -- the menfolk cook while the women drink our coffee. :)

17. What tops your tree? A raggedy looking angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Now that I'm a parent, receiving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Oh Holy Night

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? YUM!

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Claymation Christmas Special

22. Saddest Christmas Song? I don't like the sad ones.

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas?. I wish for snow, but barring that, I'll take everyone getting along. ;)

Egg nog, but I'm lactose intolerant, so just a sip.

No Santa here.

Dh likes colored, so we do colored. No lights on the house.

We used to! We used to pick it out of the tree in our front yard in Dallas!

We hang a calendar on Dec 1 and have our Advent Wreath up, but we do the tree when ds gets home from college.

We like to eat a crown pork roast on Christmas, but usually receive a spiral ham and have that.

Never was allowed into my 2 older brothers' room, except on Christmas Day, when I'd go in and watch them open their stockings (we got them in our beds). They were nice to me then. We'd call up our beagle, too--he wasn't allowed upstairs except on Christmas morning.

Don't remember.

Sometimes my kids do. They used to get new PJ's.

We have a variety of ornaments we've collected. We have a set of jesse tree type ones that go on, and lots of crafty/folkartsy kind, along with ones we made we made as children, and the kids made.

Love it.

12. Can you ice skate?

I took a class in college! lol

So no, not really.

My mom thought I read way too much. One year when I was probably 12 or so, she went to the Scholastic book fair and bought probably 10 books for me, and wrapped them all together. I loved it. I felt she finally accepted me.

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?

Jesus.

Probably Peanut Blossom Cookies.

IDK--Midnight Mass, singing Silent Night after communion maybe. Or sitting by the lighted tree with my hubby. Or our stockings--I always liked our stockings, and did as a kid, too.

17. What tops your tree?

Oh heavens--this is a sore spot. We used to have an angel, but she was really ugly. We have an ugly star now.

Receiving.

IDK. I like Oh Holy Night, when it's sung by a soaring male voice.

Yuck, but necessary.

Charlie Brown or Rudolph ("There's always tomorrow...)

I'll be home for Christmas. I can't even sing it without crying, because ds was not home for Christmas for 2 years. It was such a hard time. I'm tearing up, even thinking of it now.

23. What’s your Wish for Christmas?

Well, I wish all who have lost their faith would find it. And I wish my brother and I could reconcile. And I wish peace for all who are addicted to something.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I like my special blend of egg nog and Mexican hot chocolate - YUM!!!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? It depends on if Santa has been shopping all year long or if Santa just got the gift on December 24th. Our Santa is a little finicky, you know.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? All white on the tree. Colored lights on the house but organized: Red on the house, green on the hedges, blue around windows and doorways . . . etc.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I get lots of kisses anyway!

5. When do you put your decorations up? On Black Friday while everyone else is shopping.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My Mom's famous Holiday Dressing. It's DELICIOUS!

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? I was about 8 or 9 and I got a pink bicycle (a big girl bike!) with bright red strawberries on the seat and pink and white tassels hanging from the handlebars. It was the most beautiful bike in all the land!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Some useless guy from our church told my sister and me in front of my Mom. She took us home and had a long talk with us and let us know. So sad. I still love Santa! He still visits my house every year . . . and there are no small children here. :lol:

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, everyone who lives here must wait until Christmas morning. My step-daughter and her husband and children come over and have dinner with us on Christmas Eve, so they can have their own Christmas Day at home. We give them their gifts and they open them up here on Christmas Eve so that we can see them . . . but ours wait until Christmas day. They never get us anything anyway, LOL, but they're young and broke, so I guess that's how it goes.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Splendidly!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I think I would like it, but I'm not sure. I've been living here for over 20 years and have yet to see a good snow. Some intense frost every 5 years or so, but no snow!

12. Can you ice skate? Uh . . . no.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My pink bicycle. See #7.

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? It changes from year to year, but mostly just that my family spends time together and we are all healthy and happy. We've mostly stopped exchanging gifts at this point, but I love seeing them all together at once.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Cheese Cake!

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Drinking hot chocolate and playing Christmas music while we decorate the tree on Black Friday. It's so much fun!

17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Well, I guess I'm supposed to say giving . . . but I really like receiving gifts too. ;)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Baby, It's Cold Outside. I have an old cd from the mid 1990s where Vanessa Williams sings it. It's beautiful. I really like the Mariah Carey version of "ALl I Want for Christmas is You." I can't hear it without doing my Christmas dance!

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? YUMMY!

21 Favorite Christmas Show? It's a Wonderful Life

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Are there any sad Christmas songs? Well, I can't think of any and if there are, don't tell me about them. I like being happy at Christmas. I guess what I'm saying here is . . . pass.

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? I have a lot of Christmas wishes. Several people in my family have been having some rough personal and financial times, including us. I hope we can get past all of that and have a fantastic day this Christmas and that the New Year brings us many great things!

What fun!!! :001_smile:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Either, but I like my egg nog cut half and half with skim milk. It's too thick otherwise!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We don't celebrate Santa.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We have both (the tree is pre-lit with white lights and we add several strands of colorful bubble lights).

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, we never have.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the day after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Just one? Umm...green bean casserole. No, mashed potatoes with gravy. No, fresh cranberry sauce. No...

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Every year my Mom would buy several packages of those individual stringy tinsels (we called them icicles) and we would take turns putting them on the tree. My brother liked to stand back and just throw a glob of them at the tree; they stuck where they stuck. My sister and I applied them carefully in groups of three or four.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? From a cousin, maybe around ten?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have a lot of sentimental ornaments: some from my dh's childhood, some that commemorate milestones from our marriage, some that remind us of loved ones. Nothing is matchy-matchy. Did I mention bubble lights? We love them!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love!

12. Can you ice skate? I can, and love to, but it's been a few years.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Ever? Um...no.

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? The most important thing about Christmas, to me, is getting together with extended family.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Pie. Lots and lots of pie!

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? I really like selecting items to fill everyone's stocking. Oh, and bubble lights. :D

17. What tops your tree? We have a large angel in flowing white robes...with fiber optic wings!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night.

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Blech!

21 Favorite Christmas Show? The Christmas Story and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

22. Saddest Christmas Song? That stupid Christmas Shoes song that's being pummeled in the other thread! Gah!

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? I wish that I could see my Mother, brother and sister this Christmas. I miss them a lot.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? both

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wrap

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white outdoors, colored inside

4. Do you hang mistletoe? only if we've been back to OK recently and managed to snag some from the farm

5. When do you put your decorations up? this year, the day before Thanksgiving; normally, the day after

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? breakfast sausage casserole, sausage cheese balls, dirty snowballs

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? spending time with my grandparents

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? cannot even remember how that came about, so it must not have traumatized me; no clue as to age

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? dh puts up the gold foil tree while I sort ornaments; dd does most of the hanging with us helping a bit

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE it!!!!!

12. Can you ice skate? at one point I could; will be trying again soon, so we'll see

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Full set of Little House books and first edition Gone With the Wind (both from childhood); faves as an adult - antique steamer trunk, elaborately embroidered UGG boots, all of the handmade cards and gifts from dd

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? family and the Christmas story

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? dirty snowballs

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? candlelight Christmas Eve service; breakfast sausage casserole with something sweet (this year oven baked maple french toast) and mimosas in between present opening sessions

17. What tops your tree? star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I like both

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? - - Indifferent

21 Favorite Christmas Show? too many to name

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Grown Up Christmas List

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? my family's and friends' health, happiness, and security

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? No Santa...but no presents are placed under the tree until after the kids go to bed on Christmas Even, and they are wrapped.

5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Dessert...all of them

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Santa gave me a bike sometime around the age of 7. It was assembled and put in front of the tree. I woke up at some insane hour and peeked. There aren't too many happy Christmas memories; this is one of the few.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We traditionally open one gift on Christmas, and it is always new jammies. The kids really look forward to it.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights, strands of gold beads, collectible ornaments (we get one for me and one for each child every year), some kids' craft ornaments, and a few others. We have a beautiful beaded spider that sits near the top and goes with a story explaining tinsel, which is ironic because we don't use tinsel.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it. We don't get enough of it...ever.

12. Can you ice skate? Yep.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Nothing stands out.

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? That my children are happy.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? Chocolate peanut butter bars

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Going to see some sort of Christmas show or concert each year.

17. What tops your tree? A big, ugly, gold star that glitters read, green and yellow that DD picked out when she was younger. I hate it, but keep it because everyone else likes it.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Something by The Coats; they're awesome.

20. Candy Canes: Yuck

21 Favorite Christmas Show? It's a Wonderful Life (original black and white)

22. Saddest Christmas Song? Christmas Shoes

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? That the kids enjoy Christmas and are happy even though it's a slimmer year. I'm having to renege my promise to myself of no basic necessities for Christmas or birthdays unless they specifically ask for something like expensive designer stuff. (I made that rule because I always found granny underwear and giant full-figure bras I got for Christmas disappointing.)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. I think egg nog is vile.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? It depends on how late Santa is up and how hard the present is to wrap. :lol:

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I prefer white but we have colored.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? We have some hanging year round in the basement but that is it.

5. When do you put your decorations up? After Thanksgiving. We began yesterday.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? We do something different every year but I prefer roast beef.

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? We had big parties on Christmas Eve with friends of the family.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember. I just did.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My family has always had our biggest celebration on Christmas Eve and that continues so we open those gifts on Christmas Eve but our presents for each other are Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? There is no theme. We have many decorations extending back to ones my dh and I both had as a kid. Almost all ornaments have a meaning or a story.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it if I don't have to be out in it.

12. Can you ice skate? I can stay upright between falls.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember the year my Mom got me a Cabbage Patch kid that she had to work really hard to get for me because they were in such high demand.

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Family and I love going to Church on Christmas morning.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? My Mom's hungarian nut cookies. It is the only time of year that we ever got them.

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Now, with dh and kids, we come home from my brother's on Christmas Eve, pile on the couch and watch Muppet Christmas Carol.

17. What tops your tree? A star

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Once Upon a Christmas and Do You Hear What I Hear (but please not the Whitney Houston version).

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Peppermint ones - YUM! Fruity ones- YUCK!

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Charlie Brown Christmas and Year without a Santa Claus

22. Saddest Christmas Song? There is a song on Elvis' Christmas Album called Mama Liked the Roses.

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? Health and peace for my family but everyone else as well.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate!!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored

4. Do you hang mistletoe? nope

5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? We do buffet style of sandwiches, appetizers, desserts....can't pick just one!

7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Santa making a surprise visit on Christmas Eve

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I just sorta figured it out around 8 or so. I never told my parents I knew.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open all our family gifts

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? family ornaments. We all get a new one each year.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, but only in small doses.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, in a sad, sad way

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My purple Schwinn bike

14. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Being with family.

15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert? too full for dessert

16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Playing Bingo for prizes...the kids love it.

17. What tops your tree? An angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum...only if they are chocolate mint

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Elf

22. Saddest Christmas Song? the Little Boy that Santa Clause Forgot

23. WhatĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s your Wish for Christmas? The health of my family and friends (and some cute new boots:)