Menu

This has got to be the STRANGEST name I've ever encountered...

They are die hard fans of Tony Orlando and Dawn? You are probably too young for this reference, but they had a song in the 70's about a girl with that name(if my memory serves me right)...however, :glare:yuck.

I am not too young for your reference -- I am too old ! :D I have no idea who those people are.

I wouldn't do it, but it's not the strangest name I've ever heard. Candida means "white" or "pure."

Tara

That's not the definition of Candida that *I know, LOL.

They are die hard fans of Tony Orlando and Dawn? You are probably too young for this reference, but they had a song in the 70's about a girl with that name(if my memory serves me right)...however, :glare:yuck.

I have no idea if her parents are a fan; they are very, VERY religious, conservative Christians, so unless 'Tony Orland and Dawn' are Christian artists, I doubt it. (Sorry, I must be too young; I don't know who they are. :tongue_smilie:)

Candida, we can make it together.

:lol: I know that song ;)

Just what I was thinking :D

:iagree:

Check out Karenciavo's youtube clip it will come back to you! :lol:

I'll watch it -- however, no, it will not "come back to me". I listen only to Celtic, Quebec (don't know the adjective form), Orthodox, and classical music. Popular music is unfamiliar to me.

Yep.

"Candida, we can make it together. Something something something weather,..."

Parents liked
?

That's what I thought!:) And, it's not the strangest name I ever heard. I'll spin off for that.

I'll watch it -- however, no, it will not "come back to me". I listen only to Celtic, Quebec (don't know the adjective form), Orthodox, and classical music. Popular music is unfamiliar to me.

You certainly will live well without this reference. :D

I used to hang out at the local skating rink and I remember everyone stomping their skates to "Knock Three Times" --- I'm only 43' date=' but now that seems so old!:tongue_smilie:[/quote']

I remember that TOO!! That was a great song to skate to!:001_smile:

That's not the definition of Candida that *I know, LOL.

I have no idea if her parents are a fan; they are very, VERY religious, conservative Christians, so unless 'Tony Orland and Dawn' are Christian artists, I doubt it. (Sorry, I must be too young; I don't know who they are. :tongue_smilie:)

They maybe very religious, but clearly not in the know about medical terminology. :lol:

I loved the Tony Orlando and Dawn show....I think it came on after the Sonny & Cher show....

I used to hang out at the local skating rink and I remember everyone stomping their skates to "Knock Three Times" --- I'm only 43' date=' but now that seems so old!:tongue_smilie:[/quote']

Scootch your walker over, honey; let me sit on the old lady sofa, too! LOL

I loved "Knock Three Times!"

Scootch your walker over, honey; let me sit on the old lady sofa, too! LOL

I loved "Knock Three Times!"

Twice on the pipes................

How in the world could a comment on this thread have been so bad? :lol: Amazes me what we're all capable of.

This thread is so timely for me! Today, the checker at the grocery store was talking to another worker about her new baby. Baby's name? Beige. The guy asked her why she'd name her baby Beige, and she said to blame it on her husband. :001_huh:

I can only hope they plan to homeschool. :lol:

I like the parents who give their daughters stripper names-Destiny, Misty,Brittney, Chastity , Sunny or drag queen names like Cher, Eva, Lola,Gigi it just slays me every time. It is sad for the poor child whose name happens to be plastered all over marquees in Vegas but at the same time :lol:

I like the parents who give their daughters stripper names-Destiny, Misty,Brittney, Chastity , Sunny or drag queen names like Cher, Eva, Lola,Gigi it just slays me every time. It is sad for the poor child whose name happens to be plastered all over marquees in Vegas but at the same time :lol:

Eva is a stripper name? :001_huh:

Tara

I'm surprised to see you perpetuating this stereotype.

There are, after all, some people who aren't familiar with the concept that certain names belong with certain careers or activities.:001_smile:

My favorite name in that genre is Destiny. :D I am rather partial to Brandy and Tiffany, but they have so been done. A new-ish one on the horizon is Neveah, which is, obviously, Heaven spelled backwards.

:lol:

Bambi. Why? Why? Why?:lol: