Menu

now has extensions. Hair extensions. What is she doing? She says she's a Christian (and I'm not doubting that) but now she looks trampy. Wow.

ETA: Please tell me where in my post I said that Christians shouldn't have hair extensions? I NEVER said that. What I am TRYING to say is that as a Christian woman I don't think she needs to be plastering her face all over magazines, etc. etc. She needs to be getting her house (and children) back in order and if she really doesn't care what people think of her (as she has said) then she needs to act like a grown up and move on. She is no better than her ex-husband. Again, I couldn't care less if Christian women have or don't have hair extensions. And I do happen to think that she looks trampy and that the extension job (which was very expensive, cuz the guy who did them was on T.V. this morning and he said how much they cost....aroudn $5000), look terrible.

Edited by Journey

Well, imo, she couldn't do worse than what she had. I haven't really seen the photos in the new People, but I saw the cover on television and I thought she looked great.

:iagree: If I never have to see the other 'do again, it'd be fine with me. I think she looks softer, more feminine with her extensions. Impatient, maybe, lol, but prettier.

Whereas she is trying to reidentify herself (normal after a divorce) it's not surprising that she has a new hair style. If her hair was long before, something new would be short - but in this case her hair was short, so extensions to lengthen it is a solution.

Give her some grace - she is simply a woman - only human. Christian or not, we all have to deal with our feelings and changes that are in and out of our control. Why should she not try to make herself feel confident about herself when so many people are constantly criticizing her and her choices?

Whereas she is trying to reidentify herself (normal after a divorce) it's not surprising that she has a new hair style. If her hair was long before, something new would be short - but in this case her hair was short, so extensions to lengthen it is a solution.

Give her some grace - she is simply a woman - only human. Christian or not, we all have to deal with our feelings and changes that are in and out of our control. Why should she not try to make herself feel confident about herself when so many people are constantly criticizing her and her choices?

Well said.

I just find this entire situation an extremely sad one!!!! I used to watch the show when it first came on and thought it was cute and fun. And I find it so sad that the TV media along Jon and Kate, allowed their family to be destroyed for ratings and money. I often wonder if the TV show never happened, if that family would still be intact.

Good point. My sis cut her hair super short after her divorce.

now has extensions. Hair extensions. What is she doing? She says she's a Christian (and I'm not doubting that) but now she looks trampy. Wow.

I do not like Kate but her hair extensions have nothing to do with her Christianity. I know a lot of Christian women who have hair extensions. Not sure where you are going with this. :(

Holly

:iagree: Nicely stated. I feel for her.

I just find this entire situation an extremely sad one!!!! I used to watch the show when it first came on and thought it was cute and fun. And I find it so sad that the TV media along Jon and Kate, allowed their family to be destroyed for ratings and money. I often wonder if the TV show never happened, if that family would still be intact.

I don't think it would have been. The TV show did not create the problems. They were there to begin with.

As many therapists (and those who are supposed to know) have said, having tv cameras in their lives is all these kids have known. I do believe that the camermen, in a sad sort of way, have become like family to these kids and to have had them ripped out of their lives so quickly and dramatically will do more damage to them than having them (cameras) there in the first place. I'm not sure that Jon and Kate started out doing th show just because of the money but as so many of us know, coming into alot of money is the ruination of many lives. Growing up with alot of money and coming into alot of money at some point in one's life are two totally different things. Money changed them horribly but I think the kids would have been better off if the cameras had been taken out of their lives in a different way.

Hair extensions have nothing to do with Christianity. Trampy is relative. There are those that believe she looked trampy before the extensions. Those that thought she was a shrew or not so nice person before the kids, after the kids, before the divorce, after the divorce, etc. Those are more severe issues. But there is no point in sitting around and gossiping over every little thing with her. Like her, don't like her, and let it go. (personally, I don't)

Her religion has nothing to do with her hair. If somehow her 'fake' hair is being seen as evidence of a dishonest thereby un-Christianlike person then I think that is a real stretch. I've seen some very dishonest Christians with very real hair in my lifetime. ;)

ps..I like her new hair. Seems less severe and she looks happier.

What I am TRYING to say is that as a Christian woman I don't think she needs to be plastering her face all over magazines, etc. etc. She needs to be getting her house (and children) back in order and if she really doesn't care what people think of her (as she has said) then she needs to act like a grown up and move on. She is no better than her ex-husband.

I can't see how this helps your case. :001_huh:

The irony of doubting her Christianity while engaging in uncharitable judgement and gossip is a little jarring.

"Trampy" is a fairly subjective determination.

While I have some concerns about reality TV and families, I do wish to grant her kindness and grace as she walks through the somewhat self-created quagmire of an intimate crisis in the public spotlight.

If "we", including the OP, weren't so interested as to watch and post about it, reality TV such as she's been in wouldn't exist. We are part of the problem if we are commenting.

Yikes, some of you women are so harsh and kind of mean. I hope you have a nice day,,,I think some of you really need it.

That is why so many people have such a hard time posting in this board. There are so many members on here who are so quick to be rude and opinionated...makes sense why some people have the impression of homeschoolers that they do.

:001_rolleyes:

People here have different opinions, aren't afraid to post them and aren't afraid to call others on posts that they may view as unkind, unfair, untruthful, etc.

Personally, I appreciate that because I've been called out on occasion and although it stings, it's pretty helpful when you're on the journey of becoming a better and more thoughtful poster and person.

It can be about "trampy" Kate or "mean" posters or it can be about you and a chance to reflect on your take on the situation, your posts and maybe see if others might have a point. Your choice of course.

I do wonder though, in light of the fact that none of the replies insulted you or used rude words, what would constitute nice and polite.

Yikes, some of you women are so harsh and kind of mean. I hope you have a nice day,,,I think some of you really need it.

That is why so many people have such a hard time posting in this board. There are so many members on here who are so quick to be rude and opinionated...makes sense why some people have the impression of homeschoolers that they do.

You're insinuating in your post that people who have long hair and hair extensions look trampy and maybe aren't very christian. I found that to be rather harsh and kind of mean on your part.

You're welcome to your opinion, but everyone isn't going to agree. I don't. And, I don't think that makes everyone who disagrees harsh and mean.

That's so true! I went and googled Kate Gosselin and hair extensions. I had no idea she was 'looking like a tramp' until I opened the thread, which I honestly thought was going to say 'is pregnant'.

But maybe I am simply getting my Gosselins confused with my Duggars.

"Trampy" is a fairly subjective determination.

While I have some concerns about reality TV and families, I do wish to grant her kindness and grace as she walks through the somewhat self-created quagmire of an intimate crisis in the public spotlight.

If "we", including the OP, weren't so interested as to watch and post about it, reality TV such as she's been in wouldn't exist. We are part of the problem if we are commenting.

Not any meaner than calling a perfect stranger trampy with hair extensions and questioning said strangers religious beliefs because of said extensions.

If you had just left it at hair extensions and not passed judgment on her religious beliefs and looks you might have actually gotten a conversation about her hair. I can't think of any reason to bring this lady's Christianity into your comment except to pass judgment on it.

I think the long hair makes her look youthful and pretty. I don't know her age but I am going to be 40 and plan on keeping my long hair with a stylish cut.

I remember my mom turning 30 and that meant a short (matronly cut). I personally just like long hair.

I also thought the whole asymmetrical, spiked in the back, hair she had made her look older and less feminine.

I think she looks softer, more feminine, and just much more attractive.

Which I believe most newly divorce people want to achieve.

I don't think she looks trampy at all in that photo. I'm not a HUGE follower though, maybe I'm missing something somewhere?

As far as rude and opinionated, OP, I didn't see anyone name-call except for you. Opinionated? Yes, we are. Despite the "hive mind" joke, we are a collective of diverse and opinionated individuals. We call it the way we see it. But, I didn't see anyone being rude to you.

What I am TRYING to say is that as a Christian woman I don't think she needs to be plastering her face all over magazines, etc. etc. She needs to be getting her house (and children) back in order and if she really doesn't care what people think of her (as she has said) then she needs to act like a grown up and move on. She is no better than her ex-husband.

Well, let me put in my two pennies before this thread vanishes...;)

As a mother supporting eight children and having her show (making a leap that it's her main income source) cut, I think there's nothing wrong with a magazine spread. It's likely a paid shoot and will hopefully be used to help her children. It think pursuing other career options and publicity is a good idea...much better than her ex's choice of whining to the media.

As a mother supporting eight children and having her show (making a leap that it's her main income source) cut, I think there's nothing wrong with a magazine spread. It's likely a paid shoot and will hopefully be used to help her children. It think pursuing other career options and publicity is a good idea...much better than her ex's choice of whining to the media.

:iagree:

I mean this very kindly, but you just described your first post on this thread. You called a Christian sister "trampy", did you not? You edited it to go on to say what she should do with her life and you've never even met the woman. You're using what you read in the media to judge your own Christian sister. "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

ETA: Please tell me where in my post I said that Christians shouldn't have hair extensions? I NEVER said that. What I am TRYING to say is that as a Christian woman I don't think she needs to be plastering her face all over magazines, etc. etc. She needs to be getting her house (and children) back in order and if she really doesn't care what people think of her (as she has said) then she needs to act like a grown up and move on. She is no better than her ex-husband. Again, I couldn't care less if Christian women have or don't have hair extensions. And I do happen to think that she looks trampy and that the extension job (which was very expensive, cuz the guy who did them was on T.V. this morning and he said how much they cost....aroudn $5000), look terrible.

I don't know. She looked pretty trampy to me before. And, of course she acts like complete trash. So, I'm not really sure hair extensions is the worst of her attributes. :001_huh:

Just curious, but I watched the show some way back when I had cable and the 6 were around potty training age and I never saw anything that remotely intimated that they were christian or followed any faith.

I'm not saying she isn't but with all the interviews and tv of her out there. I have never seen her say or it written that she was a christian.

Just curious, but I watched the show some way back when I had cable and the 6 were around potty training age and I never saw anything that remotely intimated that they were christian or followed any faith.

I'm not saying she isn't but with all the interviews and tv of her out there. I have never seen her say or it written that she was a christian.

She's Christian and raising the kids to be, too. It was apparent in the shows, but I don't doubt that was at time downplayed to appeal to wider audience.

They have always professed to be Christian. They used to speak often at churches and I believe their books have been published by Christian publishing houses. At the least, they were featured in some major Christian bookstores.

Trampy? :confused: :(

here's what's really interesting...

According to the show, when they met she had long blond hair, but she kept cutting it shorter and shorter because she said it was too much to take care of all the kids and have long hair too.

During several interviews on the show, Jon mentioned how much he loved her long hair and how he missed it. She basically said she couldn't care less what he thought of it, she wasn't about to have hair like that again!

I guess she changed her mind.....

Maybe it paid for the hair extensions? :D:tongue_smilie:

ETA: The tags for this thread are hilarious!

I don't even know who this person is? I take it she is on tv. Who cares what she does with her hair?

These are the same conversations that drive me batty with my girlfriends. "Did you notice so-in-so paid x amount of money for her nails?" "Can you believe blah, blah has been walking around with a y purse?"

Who the flip cares?

Please note I apologized for these comments further into the thread. I am not erasing them b/c they were quoted by others. I should have walked away rather than engaging in this conversation. These kinds of thread bother me and I should have steered clear. Again, I apologize.

Edited by Daisy