Menu

Introducing *Mr. Boo*: he's braving the waters.... :)

Guest Mr. Boo

I'm here, and married to the most wonderful woman in the world, REALLY!!! I've read her posts in the past wishing we could discuss topics like THAT. Now that the Good Lord has bought us together in a way that I never could in my wildest dreams, I find myself involved in her life more and more. Now instead of just reading her posts when she walks away from the computer...

Boo

I'm here, and married to the most wonderful woman in the world, REALLY!!! I've read her posts in the past wishing we could discuss topics like THAT. Now that the Good Lord has bought us together in a way that I never could in my wildest dreams, I find myself involved in her life more and more. Now instead of just reading her posts when she walks away from the computer...

Boo

WOW! This is the best intro I ever read! :)

Welcome, Mr. Boo! I love it when the men post! They always have an interesting take on things. :)

eta - Gee, that sounded kinda weird now that I read my post. What I meant to say is - I am glad to see another man on this board because their point of view can be so valuable. and often hilarious. in a good way. :D

Edited by Mothersweets

Boo

Hey, Boo! Welcome! :)

Boo

Welcome, Mr. Boo, from another homeschooling dad here! I immediately notice that you have a much kinder, gentler avatar than your better half! ;)
When you live with peek you gotta be on your game anyhow. The catwoman outfit is no joke and WHAT A WHIPPER!!! She's like a female Rambo and she likes it when someone draws first blood. Ask me some time and I'll regale ya if she hasn't.
That's the mental picture I have of your wife! :D I greatly appreciate that Peek a Boo has stuck up for me (or at least my position) on a couple of occasions when the natives were getting restless! :thumbup1: (Sometimes the hive can resemble a PACK!)

FWIW, here are a few tips for posting that you may find helpful:

1) This group will discuss ANYTHING! As you mentioned, there are topics discussed here that many couples would be well-served to discuss IRL.

2) No matter what opinion you have on a subject, you will find posters here who share that opinion.

3) No matter what opinion you have on a subject, you will find posters here who have the *exact* opposite view than you do.

4) Discussions about tea are not about tea, unless they are about tea.

5) Same with discussions about 'bOOks' and 'bOOkshelves. (Note: The hive writes these words as 'booKs' and 'booKshelves', indicating character substitution. While that may be clear to a homeschooling mom, I would prefer they convert to this new form so that dads, who are often more visually-oriented, will more easily get the "picture" and be warned off! :tongue_smilie:)

6) Grammar and spelling errors should be avoided at all costs! There are LOTS of teachers here with their rulers out ready to rap your knuckles!

7) Posts about big-screen 3D TVs are off limits and will be promptly removed.

8) No husband bashing! Though I've been known to get away with it! :D

9) If you post a poll asking a 'Yes' or 'No' question, you MUST also include a third option: 'Other'. (O.K. I TOTALLY DO NOT GET THIS ONE, and often I break this rule. This apparently has something to do with the make-up of women that I have never quite fathomed. Anyway, just trust me on this, these women gotta have their 'Other'!!)

10) And MOST IMPORTANTLY, watch out for that Peek a Boo character! :lol:

Again, welcome!

Edited by RegGuheert
MomsintheGarden insists that I complete the sentence fragment in 6) on grammar! ;-)

Welcome, Mr. Boo, from another homeschooling dad here! I immediately notice that you have a much kinder, gentler avatar than your better half! ;)That's the mental picture I have of your wife! :D I greatly appreciate that Peek a Boo has stuck up for me (or at least my position) on a couple of occasions when the natives were getting restless! :thumbup1: (Sometimes the hive can resemble a PACK!)

FWIW, here are a few tips for posting that you may find helpful:

1) This group will discuss ANYTHING! As you mentioned, there are topics discussed here that many couples would be well-served to discuss IRL.

2) No matter what opinion you have on a subject, you will find posters here who share that opinion.

3) No matter what opinion you have on a subject, you will find posters here who have the *exact* opposite view than you do.

4) Discussions about tea are not about tea, unless they are about tea.

5) Same with discussions about 'bOOks' and 'bOOkshelves. (Note: The hive writes these words as 'booKs' and 'booKshelves', indicating character substitution. While that may be clear to a homeschooling mom, I would prefer they convert to this new form so that dads, who are often more visually-oriented, will more easily get the "picture" and be warned off! :tongue_smilie:)

6) Grammar and spelling errors should be avoided at all costs! LOTS of teachers here with their rulers out ready to rap your knuckles!

7) Posts about big-screen 3D TVs are off limits and will be promptly removed.

8) No husband bashing! Though I've been known to get away with it! :D

9) If you post a poll asking a 'Yes' or 'No' question, you MUST also include a third option: 'Other'. (O.K. I TOTALLY DO NOT GET THIS ONE, and often I break this rule. This apparently has something to do with the make-up of women that I have never quite fathomed. Anyway, just trust me on this, these women gotta have their 'Other'!!)

10) And MOST IMPORTANTLY, watch out for that Peek a Boo character! :lol:

Again, welcome!

Yep...that about sums it up...Welcome Mr. Boo!

~~Faithe

Boo

Well, Mr. Boo, you must be quite the dude yourself to have ensnared the quick-witted and lovely Peek. ;)

Welcome.

LOL. Welcome!

Now if I could just get my husband out from behind my avatar and into his own, I'd be happy. He's much nicer than I am though and would probably develop high blood pressure from the Hive. :D

Edited by Daisy