Menu

Well Trained Mind Widower

Guest Bubba Beluga

Guest Bubba Beluga

I wonder if there are 1 or 2 million other men who have become tragic widowers to the Well Trained Mind Forums? Would anyone be interested in writing a book called the Well Trained to Mind Husband? Just asking. Hoping to get a word through to my wife, and this is the only way I can think of.:confused:

But if the OP wants more ideas, a foot massage, a back massage, candles and a book of poetry (Pablo Neruda).... I think would be more tempting than reading posts about H1N1.

:iagree: Do it, Bubba.

And if you really are a WTM husband, I think its sweet that you took the time to post. :)

Ha. It's just my version of World of Warcraft...

I've been a widow far too many years to WOW or Final Fantasy, or any other online RPG. I'm not bitter, just used to it by now, and glad I found my own online addiction. WAY better than video games. :lol:

I wonder if there are 1 or 2 million other men who have become tragic widowers to the Well Trained Mind Forums? Would anyone be interested in writing a book called the Well Trained to Mind Husband? Just asking. Hoping to get a word through to my wife, and this is the only way I can think of.:confused:

How about Husband, Mind Well Trained?

Ha, okay now we just need to figure out who poor neglected Bubba belongs to here.. :lol:

Ain't mine...dh is starting to snore beside me on the couch. :tongue_smilie:

Pretty certain it is not mine. He is also snoring.

Does yours snore in what sounds like conversation, by any chance? It's always amused me... it sounds like some weird secret code, snore tones going up and down, little snored question marks every so often.

ZZZZzzzzzZZZZ Zzzzzzz. ZZZZZZ zzZZZZzzz zzzzZ?

:p

Does yours snore in what sounds like conversation, by any chance? It's always amused me... it sounds like some weird secret code, snore tones going up and down, little snored question marks every so often.

Maybe it is my husband. Sitting alone in his little furnished apt....blaming all his problems on WTM boards.

:smilielol5:

Now that is funny. I don't care who you are.

Maybe it is my husband. Sitting alone in his little furnished apt....blaming all his problems on WTM boards.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:smilielol5::smilielol5:

That is funny.

Not mine, he's at work bustin' his butt schloppin steaks and mai tai's so that I can stay at home and spend my time on the WTM boards.

:lol: Mine just snores in what is considered loud and annoying.:glare: And the bad part is that, on the couch, he is not close enough for me to elbow (like I do in the bed!)!:tongue_smilie:

Too funny. I just ran back to make sure it wasn't my husband. Nah, he is watching a boring movie.

:lol: "It's the loose rein that brings the horse back to the stable" and homeschooling (you mean homeschooling via WTM or these forums?) gives hubby hours of extra loose rein.

If you mean these forums, try doing the dishes and then sneaking up and kissing her toes. I jest not.

I was just thinkin' ...hope you don't get her kicked off... since you'll have that "duplicate" thing going on....

Carrie

It would be unfair to kick anyone off based solely on a shared IP address. There are other husband/wife pairs that both post here, and I'm sure that there must be husbands with accounts who just don't post. :)

Other ideas for the book:

-Invite her to go with you for a milkshake (or whatever floats your boat). Then spend time talking about something pleasant in the car, at the restaurant, etc.

-Invite her to go with you on a walk and have some quality time that way.

-Make a little peaceful room in the corner of your basement. Set up a couple of easy chairs (facing each other so you can massage her feet more easily), a small table for your drinks, a cd player hidden away (for soft music), and white Christmas lights for lighting. Hang a sheet to separate your little corner from the rest of the world. Take her down there when the kids are in bed and you want to get away from it all and talk.

-Plan your conversation ... don't continually "dump" on her about your job stresses, etc. Talk with her about when would be a good time to share frustrations and consolidate that negativity as much as possible. Then have other contact be mostly positive.

-Find someone to watch the kids for the night and sweep her away to a hotel. It might be best if this isn't a surprise. Don't expect any Tea. Let her take the lead.

http://www.the-generous-husband.com/