Menu

Where did you attend college/university?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne State University for both BA (2002) & MBA (2003).

I didn't realize I was a youngster on this board. Some of you graduated college when I was in kindergarten. :tongue_smilie:

I was just thinking the same thing! I graduated from Pepperdine University in 2002. I miss it there!

I found a reference to my alma mater in one of Hakim's books and mentioned it on the K-8 board. Due to that thread I have found a few other women who attended Mount Holyoke College.

Five Colleges! I played gigs at Mount Holyoke a few times -

I'm a grad of UMass at Amherst - their music department is pretty good - and my dh is a Hampshire College grad, but don't hold that against him!

University of Connecticut - early and mid 90's undergrad and masters

Well, I never went there, but I have to say. . . . GO HUSKIES!!!!

But...one of the BEST basketball teams possible. :)

That's debatable. ;)

I grew up next to UNM as my dad was a professor of physics and wanted to walk to work! Ahh, the Lobos and Frontier Restaurant! Remember Yale park and the hippies living there in the 70s? Half of it is now gone to make way for the campus bookstore.

I attended UNM 77-80 then transferred to Hawaii (talk about a shock to the system -- brown and dry to wet and green!) where I got my BA and MA in Asian Studies.

Hey, cool! I graduated in '90. Did you see that recently (several months ago, not since MJ's death) students at W&M made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for the most people performing MJ's thriller dance at once? My brother sent me a link. I thought there were probably better things that W&M could become known for, but it was funny to watch.

Do you ever go back for homecoming? I've been wanting to bring my kids to CW, but have never gotten there with them. I'll be visiting my parents in NC in October and thought about making a trip to CW. I noticed that W&M homecoming is in Oct, and they have a carnival and other things. Are the kid-oriented events any good? Should I plan the trip around being there for it or go to CW another time in October?

I'm excited to find another W&Mer here. So what did you study? I had a major in public policy and minor in mathematics. I loved the school, but didn't get super involved in student life because I was a transfer student and lived off campus. Great place, though... fond memories.

University of the Ozarks in Clarksville, AR.

Started in 98 and would have been class of 2002 had I not joined the military instead and gotten injured enough to be medically discharged. (2001)

My brother went there from 90-92. Beautiful location!

My younger dd was very into Sweden for a while, but now both dds are into Scotland. My older dd is already saving her money for a trip to Scotland and telling people that she is going! I want to come live in Sweden!!

You know the really funny thing? I am probably not that far from you right now. I'm spending the summer in NC:D

1 year at UNT (I was a TAMSter), 1993-94.

Wow... haven't heard that term in a while! I was there that year, too, and lived in Clark. I wasn't a TAMSter, but had a LOT of classes with a majority of TAMSter's filling the rosters my first 2 yrs. I stayed and graduated in 98.