What's with the ads?

#101 luuknam

luuknam

Feeling the Weight of Levity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5352 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

The other thing is how is she going to pull this off before August 10th when the new semester begins?   The later is the more immediate problem she faces.  I would not want to need to be in a new place before August 10th, and not know where that place is on July 17th.  

Having just gone through exactly that scenario, I can tell you it's not fun, but it's hardly impossible. We got 41 days notice to move, and didn't find a new place until less than 3 weeks before the deadline (the complicating factor there being having to deal with a bipolar spouse and crazy requirements - if it were just me and kids, and not needing to agree  as to where to move, it would've been much easier). Basically, once spouse got actively involved in looking, rather than just shooting down the vast majority of options I put in front of her, we found something quickly, and stuff got done. 

• Lanny likes this

#102 Lady Marmalade

Lady Marmalade

Hive Mind Level 5 Worker: Forager Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1843 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

Having just gone through exactly that scenario, I can tell you it's not fun, but it's hardly impossible. We got 41 days notice to move, and didn't find a new place until less than 3 weeks before the deadline (the complicating factor there being having to deal with a bipolar spouse and crazy requirements - if it were just me and kids, and not needing to agree  as to where to move, it would've been much easier). Basically, once spouse got actively involved in looking, rather than just shooting down the vast majority of options I put in front of her, we found something quickly, and stuff got done. 

:iagree:

Our last move we were verbally told we needed to move out on July 1st.  We'd found a new place by July 4th and we moved on July 13th.  We literally packed and moved an entire household in less than two weeks.   You just do what you have to do and get it done. 

Edited by Lady Marmalade, 17 July 2017 - 03:03 PM.

• Lanny and luuknam like this

#103 vonfirmath

vonfirmath

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4905 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

Agreed.  We did the same when we were given 6 weeks notice to move.  DD was due August 5. We were told July 15 that we needed to be out by the end of August.  We got busy looking around. My dad came down to help us pack. We found a place to go. Baby was born Aug 10 and we moved August 17.

• Lanny likes this