Menu

What companies did you received great service from this holiday season?

I have to provide kudos to a few companies for the excellent customer service I received this holiday season.

Our local Hot Topic manager called many stores for us looking for an item that was sold out and then when she located it, had it shipped to her store for us to pick up, no shipping charges. This was a really want item for one of our children.

The Manager of Bed, Bath and Beyond called around and found a marshmallow gun for us and then held it until we could pick it up. It was one of the top white elephant gifts this year.

When we asked to return a Cafe Press t-shirt simply because the recipient didn't like the style, they refunded our money and told us to keep the shirt anyhow.

I feel that all of these companies provided service above and beyond and I like to spread the word and recommend these companies.

What about you?

to Kazoo Toys, I think located in Denver, through Amazon. They shipped my son's Flying Turtle in time for it to arrive before Christmas after estimating I wouldn't receive it until January. It was his "big gift" and the only thing he'd requested. His big brother received a Razor scooter I bought locally and it would have been hard on the little guy to not have his gift to open. Kazoo also was the only company I could find willing to ship this toy overseas to an APO box. The shipping rates weren't outrageous for such a heavy toy, either.

So, thanks Kazoo toys even though you had me worried until the last second!

Not Sears that's for sure. No one seemed spectacular this year. However, we did have a great experience at Office Max yesterday the store manager gave us the $20off any $75 purchase that was to only be offered when ordering on line.

My best experience was with Apple. I always do photo books for the grandparents for Christmas. Never have had an issue. This year, one of the books didn't get glued properly. I emailed late on the Saturday night after Christmas explaining the issue. By Sunday, I had a response that they would reprint and ship. I expected to receive the replacement for just the one book. They redid all four - at no cost (that was an over $200 total order) and I had them in hand by January 2nd.

Valk

My sister ordered a Diamondbacks (baseball team) shirt from MLB.com for one of my sons. It wasn't going to be here in time for Christmas due to the time it takes for the customization she ordered. She planned to print out a photo of it for him to unwrap on Christmas Day.

On Christmas Eve, FedEx delivered a box from MLB.com. It contained a basic Diamondbacks shirt w/a note that said they imagined the special shirt she ordered was a gift and they were sorry it wouldn't arrive in time. They hoped she would enjoy giving the regular shirt in the meantime.

Above and beyond, in my book!

Chelle

Ours was a hotel - Spring Hill Suites in Midland MI. My mom's family always gets together for a couple days after Christmas and we've gotten too big for someone's house (this year it was over 50 people!). This hotel bent over backward for us! And, because the pool couldn't be used the first few hours we were there (no fault of their own), they took $10 off our rate. LOVED it!!!

A few places this year. Best Buy - gave us no issue exchanging a defective Zune for an I-pod. Target - a young employee offered to help us with two large packed bookcases. He got the flat bed, loaded them, helped us check out in jewelry where there was no line and loaded them in the car.

Amazon - several orders arrived in time. USPS - My driver delivered multiple packages and all arrived without incident.

Amazon. I placed several orders with them - all with free shipping and best prices. I couldn't beat the prices and the added bonus of no tax or shipping any place else. I shopped a lot with them last year too. This year really made me think that I am just going to plan to do a whole lot of my shopping with Amazon in the future. It is just way easier to sit and click, then wait for it to arrive.

WE finally found a Wii game to send to our daughter in Minnesota for Christmas the SAturday before Christmas. We boxed it up that night, got the mailing label printed and Sunday afternoon we drove to the PO to drop it off. We live in Michigan and were in the middle of blizzard conditions,but we wont' live far and I wanted my husband to be able to take the Suburban with 4Wheel Drive to work on Monday. We got there and the box wouldn't fit in the 24/7 mailer slot. There is a "dutch" door (it's a split door with a top and a bottom) at our post office with a door bell. You can buzz during regular hours and have someone get your vacation held mail without having to stand in the regular line.

I said to my DH, maybe there is someone working back there today. He laughed at me. It's Sunday, it's a government building and a blizzard outside. I confidently walked over and rang the buzzer. My DH is saying come on, there's no one there! Let's go.

And then the top half of the door opened and a guy peaked his head out! He looked like we had just asked to see the Wizard!

My husband was in shock. The guy took my package, but said it wouldn't go out until Monday. No problem , just wanted to get it dropped off and away we went.

That package made it to MN by Christmas Eve 3 days later!

Amazon also was amazing.

Great question! We try to make a point to patronize establishments that pride themselves on providing good customer service, and likewise avoid those who don't.

I ordered most of my gifts through Amazon for this reason and for the best prices. In particular this year, I ordered a Wii game that must not have been actually released on Wii yet and what I received on the Friday before Christmas was the PC version. While I found a replacement at Best Buy, Amazon took the return with no questions asked and credited me the full amount. Their customer service is phenomenal for this day and age, if you ask me.

I was happy with Amazon and Apple, but got the best service from Disneyshopping.com. We had ordered a personalized blanket for our daughter with Tinkerbell embroidered on it. When the blanket came, the name was there, but no Tinkerbell.

I emailed the company, and asked how to return it for the correct item. A representative called me to let me know that they were shipping a corrected blanket and for me to keep the first one I received at no charge.

Amazon - they fully refunded the Apple Shuffle I mistakenly bought for my son with autism even though I had opened the durn thing to look at it - when I saw how small it was I wrote to them how it would be impossible for my son with autism to use it - as an older-than-dirt out-of-it mom I had had no idea a Shuffle was so tiny!

Amazon, Hearthsong, Rainbow Resource were all great! Got my packages in just a few days.

Best buy was great about price matching a Sansa Fuze and the cashier was nice enough to wrap a last minute gift for dh up really good and made a point to "block the view" while I put it in my purse. (I was with the girls but dh was with us also..off looking at things). And the guy at the door did not make me take it out of my purse to see..just looked at the receipt.

Snapfish. They sent my package Fed-Ex overnight (I had paid for standard USPS delivery - or maybe even had free delivery) to arrive on Christmas Eve.

Target was very good about two returns this year. One that was a Christmas item that I had opened and then returned after Chistmas. And they were good enough not to even imply that I may have used it for Christmas and was now returning it after Christmas. I had hesitated to return it for this reason. And the other was two clothing items (gifts to my daughter) without a receipt.

UPS. We got everything on time and with a smile despite the icy roads. Plus the fit and trim UPS guy wears shorts even in the coldest weather.

And Magic Cabin. We ordered some ultra-expensive all-natural candy canes with our order and every single one was broken. They sent us a new box ASAP, and it looked as though the box had been opened and re-taped to check that they were all whole.

Cat

Amazon, Lands End, RR, Gamestop, Grubby Games, Golden Oak Stables, Barclay Blocks. Gamestop-- good return policy. GO Stables, Barclay Blocks, Grubby Games -- personal emails or phone conversations.

Oh, and Back to Basics customer service spent a long time making sure I got 2 coupon code discounts (that were valid for the same purchase) when their computers were down!

Oh, I reallly enjoy hearing about companies w/ great service. Thanks to the OP for the idea and to all of you who have responded. I like to utilize companies who do the extra for the customer. What a wonderful thread. Brain freeze, I can't think of any company that reallly went above and beyond, but also didn't have any negative experiences either.

Magic Cabin. They replaced a broken wooden toy very fast with no hassle, and we broke it. (Little ds wanted tools for Christmas so we got some non-China made ones and then he twisted something too hard and broke the wrench). I agree with Amazon: I am a book junkie and have never once had an issue with them, I always get my books fast, even with free super-saver shipping, and my Christmas order was no exception.

Just remembered one more: Rainbow Resource. I ordered from them last Christmas and this Christmas and got my orders fast.

My sister ordered a Diamondbacks (baseball team) shirt from MLB.com for one of my sons. It wasn't going to be here in time for Christmas due to the time it takes for the customization she ordered. She planned to print out a photo of it for him to unwrap on Christmas Day.

On Christmas Eve, FedEx delivered a box from MLB.com. It contained a basic Diamondbacks shirt w/a note that said they imagined the special shirt she ordered was a gift and they were sorry it wouldn't arrive in time. They hoped she would enjoy giving the regular shirt in the meantime.

Above and beyond, in my book!

Chelle

Wow, that's really fantastic!

I was also very pleased with Amazon, however there was one item they were not able to have here by Christmas.

I had ordered an American Girl doll for our youngest, and after reading on this board about how the Hair Book and DVD was a must have...I was disappointed to find that Amazon would not be able to ship it out until after Christmas. I went looking on Ebay, and was only able to find one from this seller:

http://stores.ebay.com/Redhead-Books

When I asked if she could send it in time for Christmas, she said she would send it right away...and she did. She sent the book the next day (Thursday) from Indiana...and I had it here in California by Saturday!

She is a homeschooler as well...So I was really glad to give her my business!

American Girl Doll Company

Items that were backordered came in sooner than expected. A broken necklace was happily replaced. And their phone service is always a wonderful chat. The products are so well-made. Much better than the quality at Target or even the homemade stuff I have bought online. The clothes for the dolls are better made than the clothing I buy for my children or myself.

I love that company.:001_smile:

I cannot say enough about Amazon! We used to do just books but we're getting so we buy even household items there! It is just so fast and convenient and usually the lowest price-LOVE the free shipping.

Bad news-SEARS-my sil in Utica bought pj's for ds that were size 4T. She gets their gifts on purpose at large dept stores like this to make sure we can exchange sizes if necessary. The pj's said Sears right on the price ticket, but no price. They gave me the biggest hassle that since I didn't have the receipt or gift receipt, I could neither return NOR exchange it (an even exchange for the next size!) I did not want cash back, just a gift card for even the lowest sale price or an even exchange, which both of these are common practice when you don't have a receipt. I had the girl call the manager and over the phone she said the same thing-can't be done. I marched back to where the manager was and insisted. She still gave me a hassle. I said why can't I just exchange it for the next size up? Because the one I had was a 4T and the next size up was a 6, NOT a toddler size and I would have to pay the difference! They wanted to give me back a low sale price, and then charge me the $28 non-sale price for the exact same thing, different size! I finally got her to look up the price and she couldn't find it but she ended up giving me a gift card for $11.99. It was about 25 minutes of hassle! Really bad customer service.

Thank God for Amazon this year!

Amazon was great, quick and accurate.

Sherry's restaurant gave us amazing customer service on Christmas Eve by accommodating dd2s dairy allergy. We went for dessert, because we were traveling and we were trying to avoid a traffic jam. May as well sit and eat pie, instead of sit in traffic :0)

We were trying to think of a dessert that dd2 could have since she can't have traditional cake, ice cream or pie crust. The manager brought us a platter with mini bowls of apple, strawberry and another berry toppings, cherries, pineapple, and crackers for her to dip in them. She was in heaven! He has a son with food issues himself and understood why we like for her to have food that looks similar to everyone else. What a darling!

I forgot to add the local Hallmark store. My youngest dd wanted the polar bear webkinz and it was the pet of the month. I didn't think much about it and figured would order it online...well everyone was sold out or was charging $18.99+. So I started calling around and this local Hallmark had one and was nice enough to put it behind the counter for me so I could run up a buy it.

Of course later I found it at JC penny's and Suncoast but still.