Menu

Would you be offended? Guest hosting edition

Terabith

Would you be offended if you came to visit a friend from college and the guest room came with the responsibility of rotating incubating eggs a couple of times a day?  Moving them would not be super convenient.  There's an attached bathroom if that makes a difference.

• Haha 12

18 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Or you could ask them if they are comfortable with you going into the guest room at specific times to rotate the eggs

I vote this too. I wouldn’t be offended at all if it were my college friend. If we are still friends after all these years, this is not an issue that would offend or worry me.  But, you doing it would make me more comfortable than worrying I’d forget or do it wrong. 

• Like 2

Not a bit offended. I’m super introverted and have a small circle of people. SO if I am staying with someone, I’d 💯 do anything they asked me without a second thought. Cause I’d do anything for someone I’m close with and I wouldn’t stay somewhere I wasn’t super close with the people.

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Like 5

Well, I asked her, and she is like, "YES!!!!  I CANNOT WAIT!" and she is apparently leaving her own foster mama cat and kittens at home with her husband and child, so she thinks this will be a nice substitute.  We are close enough that I think she's sincere in her enthusiasm.

• Like 35
  • Haha 2

I think something like this is all in the wording.  So,

"While you're staying in this room, you'll need to rotate the eggs."

vs

"I'm so sorry, but this is the room with the incubator which can't easily be moved.  I hope you don't mind if we come in a couple times/day to rotate the eggs.  Or if you'd prefer, you can certainly rotate them yourself and then we won't have to bother you with coming in!"

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 8

How cool that she wants to do it!  Just to ensure she follows through, you might want to provide her with a pen and an am/pm checklist, so she can document that it was done.  Nothing fancy -- just a visual reminder for her and proof for you.  

• Like 1