Menu

Summer fun! Help name our new puppy!!

wintermom

10 minutes ago, I talk to the trees said:

Awwww, what a cutie!

Is Riker too trekkie? 

Would that be Star trekkie? I'm original series trekkie, and not up on the later generations. It's a cute name, but I can see myself mixing up Rocky and Riker - it's a bit tongue-twister-ish. 

• Like 1

Bullwinkle is the first thing that came to mind!

Followed by the unforgettable Hank, for a cowdog. 

He’s adorable. I’d love to have a cowdog/border collie friend, they are my faves, but I have neither the space nor energy to give that breed what they need. Love ‘em though. I follow a border collie page on Instagram and it is delightful. 

The names you listed are cute. A couple more suggestions, for a girl I’d have said Adrian, but for your boy maybe Paulie (Rocky Balboa’s best friend).

Dingo

Shep

Bluey

Edited by Grace Hopper
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Brittany1116 said:

I can say with absolute certainty that my second son only learned his colors so he could make it clear to me which pup he was talking about when retelling the episode we just watched. 

My kids learned their colors quickly and easily from Power Rangers. 

• Haha 3

Thanks for all these great suggestions! One of the reasons why it's a more challenging process in picking a name is that we don't actually have the pup yet. He'll be old enough to leave his mom in one week. By that time I should have a really good list of names to choose from, and we'll see which ones fit the pup's personality.

For our last border collie, my dd picked out the name "Neapolitan," as in the ice cream, as he was chocolate brown and white with a pink nose. As soon as "Neo" saw our other dog he went ballistic with a wee rage about who was HIS mommy, and the name "Rocky," the fighter, seemed way more suitable. It also fit because he was born close to the Rocky Mountains. So I don't want to make a similar mistake with this little guy. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

Thanks for all these great suggestions! One of the reasons why it's a more challenging process in picking a name is that we don't actually have the pup yet. He'll be old enough to leave his mom in one week. By that time I should have a really good list of names to choose from, and we'll see which ones fit the pup's personality.

For our last border collie, my dd picked out the name "Neapolitan," as in the ice cream, as he was chocolate brown and white with a pink nose. As soon as "Neo" saw our other dog he went ballistic with a wee rage about who was HIS mommy, and the name "Rocky," the fighter, seemed way more suitable. It also fit because he was born close to the Rocky Mountains. So I don't want to make a similar mistake with this little guy. 

We are definitely going to need quite a few more pictures so we will happily await those and a naming announcement. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Grace Hopper said:

What a squish!

His little brown face markings make me think he stuck his nose in a just-emptied bowl of chocolate cake batter and the battery bowl rim left marks on his face. So cute. 

Yes! I love the brown markings! His father was red and white and him mom was black and white. The tri-colouring is really pretty!

• Like 1