Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

so the next big cyber security conferences are in August. There are two same place, overlappingish, and together they are called "hacker summer camp". Well, one of them has ZERO Covid precautions. NOTHING. In Las Vegas. 

So as "art therapy" for my frustration, I made a spoof of their logo. Original, and my take, below. 

blackhat logo.jpg

blackhat covid.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, ktgrok said:

so the next big cyber security conferences are in August. There are two same place, overlappingish, and together they are called "hacker summer camp". Well, one of them has ZERO Covid precautions. NOTHING. In Las Vegas. 

So as "art therapy" for my frustration, I made a spoof of their logo. Original, and my take, below. 

blackhat logo.jpg

blackhat covid.jpg

Sorry it's so real.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Yesterday on facebook I saw a video of a house that was smack in the middle of a highway. Apparently the owner refused to sell (don't know what country). It looked like a disaster. A tiny path went around the house but the asphalt didn't. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

It is noticeable that the houses of the keenest gardeners here seem to be the most chaotic. 

Ours certainly can be--I know growing up that we tended to things seasonally. My mom is an excellent housekeeper, but sometimes everything stops to can tomatoes or beans or make applesauce. I am a lesser housekeeper with a different rhythm of life, but our garden sometimes necessitates dropping everything.

OTOH, it's prolonging our lives as it's our biggest stress reducer, and we eat better when we garden.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 8:18 AM, Negin said:

155932968_3673600209360310_5098917199496340505_n.jpg

I remember the original phone number (before it was changed.).   I even remember the area code - even though we never used them.

I did look up the exchange - as we hardly ever referred to it - but I remember my grandmother's exchange.  (and a couple others from the area. But those were in retail area so the ads would refer to the name of the exchange rather than the numbers.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kbutton said:

Ours certainly can be--I know growing up that we tended to things seasonally. My mom is an excellent housekeeper, but sometimes everything stops to can tomatoes or beans or make applesauce. I am a lesser housekeeper with a different rhythm of life, but our garden sometimes necessitates dropping everything.

OTOH, it's prolonging our lives as it's our biggest stress reducer, and we eat better when we garden.

I'm not knocking it, although around here it tends to be flower gardening with maybe just a few tomato plants and some herbs.  We have eight apple trees though,  and the apple stewing and freezing season is long.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

I remember the original phone number (before it was changed.).   I even remember the area code - even though we never used them.

I did look up the exchange - as we hardly ever referred to it - but I remember my grandmother's exchange.  (and a couple others from the area. But those were in retail area so the ads would refer to the name of the exchange rather than the numbers.)

I only remember my childhood phone number in Japanese.  But the entire phone number system in Japan has changed since I was a child.  Much like the American system changed in the late forties. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

I'm not knocking it, although around here it tends to be flower gardening with maybe just a few tomato plants and some herbs.  We have eight apple trees though,  and the apple stewing and freezing season is long.

I didn't take any negativity from your observation. 🙂 Eight apple trees sound delightful!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Negin said:

I can't remember if this has been shared already or not. Sorry if it has. 

22.png

I say, never apologize for posting something funny here. I am happy to chuckle again or else scroll on by. Some days I try to re-read a few older pages just for the laughs.

This one is particularly on point in my family this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SusanC said:

I say, never apologize for posting something funny here. I am happy to chuckle again or else scroll on by. Some days I try to re-read a few older pages just for the laughs.

I am pretty sure I've done some repeat posts.

May be an image of text that says 'The adult version of "head, shoulders, knees and toes" is "wallet, glasses, keys and phone."'

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, 73349 said:

Luckily, I can't see well enough to retrieve my keys and get out the door without my glasses, so I can remember a mask. There really are only about 4 memory slots for the checklist! 😄

The bad part of my progressive computer glasses - I end up wearing them around the house and don't realize I'm still wearing them until I'm out on the arterial and realize all the signs are blurry . . . . 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1