Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

11 hours ago, Lilaclady said:

489955E1-1D3B-472B-8DA6-028023A110F0.jpeg

1ds didn't like math.  He basically quit math in high school.  (his siblings got did calculus.).
then one day, he announced he wanted to be an engineer.

me:

you know that requires math, right?

Ok - this is also a mom brag - but graduation was Saturday night.

He really never never nevered.  .. He now has a BSAAE, and a MSAAE.   That's a lot of math . . . 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Katy said:

1E6CC39F-8876-4D32-AE9A-F5C85BD6E563.jpeg

We were driving back from Southern CA to Seattle.  When we reached Portland - we decided to have a quite contest.   The four year old lasted maybe 20 minutes - the baby didn't count. . . but . . . . the seven year old and the 10 year old . . . . glorious.  They didn't make a sound for three hours.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

We were driving back from Southern CA to Seattle.  When we reached Portland - we decided to have a quite contest.   The four year old lasted maybe 20 minutes - the baby didn't count. . . but . . . . the seven year old and the 10 year old . . . . glorious.  They didn't make a sound for three hours.

Haha. I could never get more than 5 minutes!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Katy said:

6224B32E-265A-462C-A750-4917786F9850.jpeg

Sadly, I had friends who did do what their kids wanted every second, and it really skewed how they viewed my parenting (which was not straightforward with a 2e kid with ASD, undiagnosed). Not fun. 

11 hours ago, Katy said:

7784E201-AA14-4CBB-8CE5-0B9B2D00A286.jpeg

Well, if the school is on one hill, and your house is on another...lol!

I am still shaking my head that some people don't have decent internet access--if I hadn't heard about it on here, I would be blissfully ignorant. So sad. I am from a small, rural town that had some of the best internet available in the early 2000s (and is decent now, but probably not top tier), so there is not really a good excuse for it to not exist.

40 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

That was exactly our situation in NJ. Before we moved to Florida I did walk to school uphill both ways in the snow. 😂

Must not have been the southern part of the state, lol! I think the only things there that are hills are the town names. 🙂 

I technically walked uphill both ways as a kid (not NJ), but one hill was really just a little bit of a rise. The other hill was more like steep hill-sort of flat-more hill, and made up for it. All of the schools in town were on a hill, and there were lots of hills all over town, so most people were in the same boat. Definitely did it in the snow and in well below freezing temps. 

Just now, kbutton said:

Must not have been the southern part of the state, lol! I think the only things there that are hills are the town names. 🙂 

I technically walked uphill both ways as a kid (not NJ), but one hill was really just a little bit of a rise. The other hill was more like steep hill-sort of flat-more hill, and made up for it. All of the schools in town were on a hill, and there were lots of hills all over town, so most people were in the same boat. Definitely did it in the snow and in well below freezing temps. 

Yeah, northeast - Passaic County. They weren't huge hills and the one to the school was steeper than the one to our apt. complex but they were hills so I get to say that lol. My Florida born and raised kiddo can't fathom the idea of walking up any hill regularly. It's something he did when visiting dh's grandma in Tennessee but that's all. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

My Florida born and raised kiddo can't fathom the idea of walking up any hill regularly.

My adulthood in Ohio has made me super reluctant when I go home to tackle very big ones, lol!!! I used to trek all over small, medium, and sometimes large hills and think nothing of it. Not so much anymore. 

• Like 1