Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

11 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

No guns in regular stores where I'm from, but yes there's usually an aisle with a few paperback books, puzzle books (crosswords and word searches), some magazines, and yep, usually at least one bible.  

OK, so I just googled the 3 stores which I think are Walmart equivalents (Kmart, Target and Big W) and none had bibles. They had books like 'the crystal bible' and 'how to be a monk' and so on - but no bibles. I guess people just steal them from the bedside drawers in motels if they need one.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bookbard said:

OK, so I just googled the 3 stores which I think are Walmart equivalents (Kmart, Target and Big W) and none had bibles. They had books like 'the crystal bible' and 'how to be a monk' and so on - but no bibles. I guess people just steal them from the bedside drawers in motels if they need one.

You can get them from QBD books or the Christian shops. Or order online. But I’ve never seen one in a grocery store that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Happened with a friend who intended to buy 20 bananas and got 20kg 

That happened to me when I ordered Natural Lawn Weed and Feed one year. The day before delivery they called to check that a semi would be able to back up my driveway 😯

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

On 7/11/2023 at 6:45 PM, Alte Veste Academy said:

image.jpeg.643f1eed61ac3f78d6fb8d86d4810540.jpeg

I've actually seen a version of that sign in a tile store.  It said "husband's can't choose grout colors without a note from their wife."

On 7/14/2023 at 11:36 AM, Terabith said:

For the Douglas Adams fans

IMG_3447.jpeg

DEEP THOUGHT:  you're not going to like it . . . .

On 7/25/2023 at 11:05 AM, Terabith said:

IMG_3505.jpeg

The highest point in Kansas.  4,000+ ft.
mount-sunflower-1

On 8/10/2023 at 2:02 PM, Tap said:

Lol this is quite timely for me. My job is helping pharmacies that are converting from a DOS system to a windows one. They had to stop the Windows roll out , due to all the problems. The DOS system is actually easier to use!!!

My daughter detests - absolutely detests -  DOS based pharmacy software.  They miss too much, and allow for some very serious drug errors.  With everything that happened last winter, one of the things she wanted to do was sue the hospital where dsil had his surgery JUST to force them to upgrade their DOS pharmacy software to EPIC.  EPIC would have caught the errors. The DOS system didn't.

On 8/10/2023 at 2:34 PM, Matryoshka said:

Ahem. I am this old...

Screenshot_20230810_173357_Samsung Internet.jpg

ETA: And this was the Point-of-Sale system I was trained on...
image.png.8a3c24b96c59eb53b5da034abe6d010d.png

ahem, can't leave this out.
Retro Slide Rule – Cheerful Curmudgeon

I remember having so much fun with my dad's old manual college typewriter.  I lacked the strength in my fingers to type with it, but it was sure fun to jam the keys.  😄

On 8/10/2023 at 3:04 PM, Katy said:

IMG_0294.jpeg

On 8/10/2023 at 3:17 PM, Katy said:

IMG_0383.jpeg

There were boys in the house a few doors down from 2dd. They put camo duct tape on their SUV.  It was pretty cool actually - then they ripped it off.  Can't imagine what it did to the paint . . . 

On 8/14/2023 at 7:46 AM, marbel said:

Absolutely it's fake. I do shop at Walmart sometimes, and they do sell all those things but there are not signs for those things in the store.  Actually I'm not sure about guns anymore, but if they do, they would be Sporting Goods. 

I don't think of Walmart as a grocery store. It's really an all-purpose store. I don't like to shop there, but when I have a long and varied list, that's the most efficient place to go. 

Last winter, during the ice storm . . . . I stopped at HD for chemical de-icer. . . they didn't have any.  Walmart had lots.

On 8/15/2023 at 5:38 AM, wendyroo said:

I just checked, and our local Walmart has NIV, KJV, and NKJV bibles available on the shelf...aisle K4. They also have two kids' bibles.

There is a very real reason this area is called the Bible Belt.

I'm absolutely not in the Bible belt.  I've seen bibles in our local "multipurpose" chain store.  

On 8/14/2023 at 3:06 AM, scholastica said:

That looks to be from a Wal-mart, so it’s not just a grocery store. Also, some of our grocery stores have large non-food sections, like books, office supplies and some hardware items. 

My Walmart would absolutely carry all of those things.