Menu

Another "am I being overly cautious" thread

AmandaVT

Like a previous poster, I can't decide if my thinking is overly cautious. 

DS has a Dr's appointment on Wednesday. He's healthy - the appointment is a medicine check in with his pedi. He has them every 3 or so months. But, I feel like I'm bringing a healthy kid to visit a petri dish. The office doesn't have separate sick and well waiting rooms and there's a ton of illness going around right now. 

I am thinking of calling in the morning and rescheduling for a few weeks out, hoping that the germs have subsided a bit by then. 

Paranoid or just thinking ahead?

My pediatricians’ office made the decision to reschedule well-child visits until March. I got the call just yesterday. They’ve had several cases of healthy children visiting on a Friday only to return Monday extremely ill. It also helped free up their schedule for sick visits. Call and ask.

Edited by ErinE
  • Like 2

Reschedule!

I really don't understand why doctor's offices don't have separate areas for well/sick visits. Ours doesn't either and it bugs me.

Our ped says it’s because people don’t pay attention (or don’t care) and everybody gets mixed together anyways :/

My middle son was supposed to have a well-check this past week and I rescheduled for mid-March.  We're out and about to all sorts of places, but it just seemed insane to take a perfectly healthy kid to the one place that is guaranteed to have a crowd of sick kids.