Menu

I hit a cat

MedicMom

The other option was a vehicle in the other lane. I hit the cat instead.

Mine still hasn't come back. We have an enclosed front porch so I left the front door open hoping he finds his way back to the porch.

I'm just very weary right now.

Agghhh, hitting a cat is bad enough and now yours is missing. You were right not to swerve but I know from experience that awful feeling when the tires bump over something relatively large... :grouphug:

Please update us.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry, how miserable!  :grouphug:

I had a week where I had to put one kitty to sleep and the OTHER kitty escaped the house and disappeared.  We lived rural and there was a very good chance she would be eaten.  She returned after a day thankfully.  Looking quite traumatized!

Edited by goldberry

Don't give up hope.  Years ago my upstairs neighbor's cat escaped from their apartment balcony by jumping down onto a fence below.  It was gone well over a week before it showed up on my patio meowing to be let in, and it was fine.  Your kitty may be fine, too. 

Oh, dear. Still, cats sometimes disappear and show up days, weeks, months - even years later! I once had a cat show up several years later, run into my kitchen, and sit on the table. Then she left again - she looked well fed, so I think she had found a different family.

Oh, dear. Still, cats sometimes disappear and show up days, weeks, months - even years later! I once had a cat show up several years later, run into my kitchen, and sit on the table. Then she left again - she looked well fed, so I think she had found a different family.

Yep. I had a cat when I was growing up who up and disappeared one day.  My dad thought she may have been sick and decided to go off to die.  Several months later, we were taking a walk around the block and this kitty who looked just like mine came up to us and followed us home.  Sure enough, she had been staying with another family.  Our cat had "let herself go" after having kittens  :laugh:  (i.e. she was overweight) and we had put her on a diet.  I think she went to this other family because they were feeding her more to her liking.  She never left us after that. 

MedicMom, I hope your kitty returns home soon. 

• Like 2