Menu

Important hoodie decision

Janie Grace

I'm about to buy a hoodie for my dh. He has wanted one for months, and I am getting him a really nice one. But I'm in fits trying to decide what color. Please just tell me what to get. 

He has brown hair and blue eyes. He wears a LOT of blue (dress shirts) and grey (t-shirts). His other sweatshirt is black, and he has a hunter green zip-up thing he wears too. So not green or black. 

So, the options...

Navy means that wearing it with jeans = a lot of blue.

Brown is a possibility.

Grey is safe but I can't decide dark or light grey and to be honest, he looks fine in grey but it's not WOW.

However... I really want to get him the "port heather" one. However, he doesn't wear ANY red; he doesn't think it's his color, I guess. But I just love that sweatshirt. He had a flannel with some plum in it that looked fantastic on him. But my kids say "no" to the port heather because "Dad never wears red." 

Okay, Hive... tell me which one to get. And yes, I know they are expensive. I've done a lot of research and it's almost a lifetime hoodie. ;)

• Like 1

I like the navy or dark gray, but my favorite is the captain's blue.

My husband also wears a LOT of blue and also some gray and black, but never red. If I got him red, he'd probably never wear it. Since it costs more, I'd go with something you know he'll wear for sure. Just my two cents. 😊 Good luck!

The port heather is a warm brownish red, so if he looked good in a cooler plum, it might not be his color. I got DH the captain's blue, and it is a gorgeous color IRL. Mine wears navy all the time, even with jeans. I think he bought himself a navy, lighter weight one during the after Christmas sale.

The color you like -lol.

Only said because I've spent years getting DH to wear navy and he has finally relented. He looks great in that color. He gets compliments every time he wears that color. He is adamant that it doesn't go well with jeans but I've finally won that argument. He looks great in navy.

I finally won because I bought him two shirts in that color and apparently laundry week rolled around and then so did the compliments. :) he still jokes about it but he will wear the color.

Also - I did not pick a color he hates or strongly dislikes - just one he felt wasn't his favorite and was a fashion clash. You're not saying it's color he hates just one he doesn't choose to wear.

You can also make the argument that you will spend more time looking at the shirt than he will.

:)

And if it's awful - hopefully there is an exchange policy.

I gave my husband the dark grey one about a year and a half ago. I'm thinking of buying him another for Fathers Day because the cuffs are visibly worn out! It's a great sweatshirt and I don't mind replacing it so soon because he has gotten a lot of use out of it, it looks nice, and it has a really nice weight..... but it's definitely not lifetime lasting!

• Like 1

I gave my husband the dark grey one about a year and a half ago. I'm thinking of buying him another for Fathers Day because the cuffs are visibly worn out! It's a great sweatshirt and I don't mind replacing it so soon because he has gotten a lot of use out of it, it looks nice, and it has a really nice weight..... but it's definitely not lifetime lasting!

BOO! 

I'm about to buy a hoodie for my dh. He has wanted one for months, and I am getting him a really nice one. But I'm in fits trying to decide what color. Please just tell me what to get. 

He has brown hair and blue eyes. He wears a LOT of blue (dress shirts) and grey (t-shirts). His other sweatshirt is black, and he has a hunter green zip-up thing he wears too. So not green or black. 

So, the options...

Navy means that wearing it with jeans = a lot of blue.

Brown is a possibility.

Grey is safe but I can't decide dark or light grey and to be honest, he looks fine in grey but it's not WOW.

However... I really want to get him the "port heather" one. However, he doesn't wear ANY red; he doesn't think it's his color, I guess. But I just love that sweatshirt. He had a flannel with some plum in it that looked fantastic on him. But my kids say "no" to the port heather because "Dad never wears red." 

Okay, Hive... tell me which one to get. And yes, I know they are expensive. I've done a lot of research and it's almost a lifetime hoodie. ;)

I'd get one of the blues, considering what you said.  I like the Captain's Blue. 

Grey always looks like a workout item to me.

I have dark brown hair, blue eyes, pale skin.  I steer clear of most browns or any colors that have a brown base.  Anything softened (heathered) doesn't look great on me. Sharp colors are my best colors like true reds with a bluer base not an orange base, sharp blacks, royal/navy blues, forest or true green, grays with a white base.  So, for myself, the blues I would buy are the Marlin or Pool blue--navy if I didn't want something bright.  On my screen the Captains Blue appears too soft to me.  My 2 cents... GL with your purchase!  :thumbup1:

The captain's blue is really nice. I'm a navy person. It gets a bit old sometimes (i.e., too much of it in my wardrobe), but it is so classic. But I like that captain's blue too--not too light, but such a pretty shade and a little more interesting than navy.

Without reading any of the info in your post, I said captains blue. Hearing he has blue eyes... definitely. The captains blue will be stunning.