Menu

Hit me up with cool Christmas stuff

Joyofsixreboot

In a vain attempt to maybe start early ( usually about 12/20 before I get started) I asked my kids what they would like. I got two "nothing" s, one " I don't need anything" and two requests for a refrigerator box. Two didn't answer my text. -sigh- I'm hoping someone has a list of cool, small things so we can pretend to be a normal family. 😛

Edited by joyofsix

small cheap things that I have bought over the years, for teens and twenty-somethings.  I imagine I'll be doing some gift cards this year . . . . I'm not going to buy something just to buy something.

mini super bright flashlights.

spray cheese and crackers (one really liked them)

nutella (one really likes it.  I don't see what the attraction is.)

movie tickets

dvd

one is really into whipped cream - so I'm buying him a dispenser and cartridges. his sister is getting him tabi socks. (he lives in flip-flops)

go to thinkgeek.com for novel ideas.

I want to get 2dd a potions master t-shirt (or tote), but without snape.

• Like 3

I'm looking at our lists.

I love my silk pillowcase.

My husband wants celestial binoculars.

I want fridge organizers. Those clear bins that cost a million dollars.

I like expensive perfume.

You could paint one of the kids rooms.

Build upon a collection like sports memorabilia or Fiestaware.

You and your daughters could make jewelry together.

I want these so bad!

https://bocaleche.com/products/exumas-pants-preppy?variant=321963351

• Like 1

My 14 yo has an alphabetized, typed list. I know the first 3 (that she's not getting) are iPhone, hoverboard, and trampoline. Further down the list are items like gum and candy--dh says he'll get her that. I know Amazon and Michaels gift cards are on the list and things like art supplies, cute clothes, makeup--things of a more reasonable price range! But the list still cracks us up. Swimmable mermaid tail is on there too. And she asks us what rock we've been living under when we ask what some of the things are.

• Like 2

I'm thinking about getting this smartscope for my 9 year old.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CLVLEPK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

My 5-year old daughter is getting a bike from the grandparents so I'm getting her a bike basket and horn

May get the horn for the 9 year old as well since he might want one if his sister has it. Haven't seen a "boy" Basket yet (pink and flowers won't go here)

• Like 1

small cheap things that I have bought over the years, for teens and twenty-somethings. I imagine I'll be doing some gift cards this year . . . . I'm not going to buy something just to buy something.

mini super bright flashlights.

spray cheese and crackers (one really liked them)

nutella (one really likes it. I don't see what the attraction is.)

movie tickets

dvd

one is really into whipped cream - so I'm buying him a dispenser and cartridges. his sister is getting him tabi socks. (he lives in flip-flops)

go to thinkgeek.com for novel ideas.

I want to get 2dd a potions master t-shirt (or tote), but without snape.

My daughter loves Nutella.

I'm thinking of carry on luggage for my oldest two.  Sounds silly, but we have generally been a rolling duffle bag type family.  Both girls will be doing some traveling this summer, and I think a nice carry on bag is a good thing to have.  

Dd18 gave me a nice list of things she needed for next semester, but then I noticed that she ordered all of the items on Amazon - she said she couldn't wait and was worried things would sell out.  So, I guess that's a no.

Those are my only real christmas thoughts.  I actually like to do christmas shopping in December. It doesn't stress me out, I think it's fun.  So I spend November writing down little ideas...

What I would love, is to take the kids skiing instead of really doing Christmas (I would do stockings) but we have had a really warm fall and there's no guarantee of snow.  So.  Hmm.  

• Like 4

I'm thinking of carry on luggage for my oldest two.  Sounds silly, but we have generally been a rolling duffle bag type family.  Both girls will be doing some traveling this summer, and I think a nice carry on bag is a good thing to have.  

When we were in NYC and Boston this summer, my girls kept talking about wanting the rolling carry on bags--the kind with 360° wheels that don't tip easily. They had to lug non-rolling duffle bags over their shoulders and complained a lot. I'm thinking that will probably be their big gift next year as we won't take a big trip in 2017.

• Like 2

Dd18 gave me a nice list of things she needed for next semester, but then I noticed that she ordered all of the items on Amazon - she said she couldn't wait and was worried things would sell out.  So, I guess that's a no.

Those are my only real christmas thoughts.  I actually like to do christmas shopping in December. It doesn't stress me out, I think it's fun.  So I spend November writing down little ideas...

What I would love, is to take the kids skiing instead of really doing Christmas (I would do stockings) but we have had a really warm fall and there's no guarantee of snow.  So.  Hmm.  

Luggage is an excellent idea.  We always give our kids a set of luggage the Christmas before they leave for college.  

Oh, one year we gave all the kids big, thick bath sheets.  They loved them, but I don't because they take forever to dry.

I forgot I'm also giving the girls on my list dry shampoo and make-up remover wipes.  

• Like 1

Magnatiles and Lincoln Logs?

E reader

A beautiful beadspread

Kitchen stuff

An herb garden

Jewelry

Get them fitted for good shoes or bras

External hard drive

I was going to suggest Magnatiles.  DS just got some for his birthday and it has been the number one toy in our house since then.  They work well with his trains and DD loves to use them to build houses for her Playmobil people. 

eBags.  It's all we use and I might add that we're a family with a toddler that's been to Europe multiple times.  All our friends use them too now. 

https://smile.amazon.com/eBags-Mother-Weekender-Convertible-Solid/dp/B004XUYFS6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478640506&sr=8-2&keywords=ebag

• Like 1

I was going to suggest Magnatiles. DS just got some for his birthday and it has been the number one toy in our house since then. They work well with his trains and DD loves to use them to build houses for her Playmobil people.

Really? I was joking. I didn't know they'd still like them at that age. I like them, but I'm not exactly a picture of sophistication.

Really? I was joking. I didn't know they'd still like them at that age. I like them, but I'm not exactly a picture of sophistication.

My 9 year old still plays with our Magnatiles and Magformers. We have them out over the floor right now because they didn't put them away last night. *sigh*

Edited by vonfirmath
  • Like 1

Oooh, ebags has a capacious carryon that folds up flat and zips into a little thing the size of a tablet. It's cool.

• Like 2

My 14 yo has an alphabetized, typed list. I know the first 3 (that she's not getting) are iPhone, hoverboard, and trampoline. Further down the list are items like gum and candy--dh says he'll get her that. I know Amazon and Michaels gift cards are on the list and things like art supplies, cute clothes, makeup--things of a more reasonable price range! But the list still cracks us up. Swimmable mermaid tail is on there too. And she asks us what rock we've been living under when we ask what some of the things are.

My 11 yo put magnetic tape (you know the kind that comes in a roll and you peel the backing off?) on her list. This is the same kid who asked for carbon paper a few birthdays back. Apparently she has a thing for retro office supplies :D

I always pick a box of sugary breakfast cereal (that they don't usually get) for each kid and wrap it, kind of as a joke and so they have one more thing to open. I'm going to expand into Pop Tarts this year LOL.

• Like 3

My daughter loves Nutella.

Last Christmas (in Australia, anyway) you could get personalised name labels printed for large bottles of Nutella, in the style of the real label. They stuck it over the original. Made an awesome gift for my Nutella addict.

I recently saw teeny tiny Nutella bottles, one serving (a spread serving, NOT a topping serving, if you've been following Nutella news). It was supposed to be for ds's stocking but sadly we had a Nutella crisis and I had to raid it.

I think the refrigerator box is a great idea. I would jump on that and give the kid a bunch of stuff to decorate it with depending on the age of the kid.

When my DS was little, he wanted an "office" for Christmas. I got a three drawer plastic bin and filled it with all kinds of art and office supplies including different kinds of paper, markers, pen and pencils, scissors, glue, stapler. He loved that thing and kept it for many years.

Edited by City Mouse

I've been looking at this Slacker Ninjaline? I saw it in the rainbow resource Christmas catalog. I'm not sure where we could set it up, but it looks awesome. We live in a cold climate though and I am generally against outside toys for Christmas, since it's not something they can use right away.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GPJH8CC/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478717217&sr=8-1-spell&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ninja+slackerline

Edited by TABmom