Menu

Prince is Dead (not a hoax)

umsami

I was doing an Internet search just yesterday on Vanity - remember her, from the 80's? She and Prince were an item for a few years.

She died earlier this year or maybe late last year, I think....but I want to say she'd been in poor health for some time.  Weird, though.

So sad.  Reports are saying that he was battling the flu.  I wonder what it really was.   :(

It really could be the flu.  It still can be a fatal disease, but luckily not for everybody. 

She died earlier this year or maybe late last year, I think....but I want to say she'd been in poor health for some time.  Weird, though.

It really could be the flu.  It still can be a fatal disease, but luckily not for everybody. 

Very true, but I wonder if there was something else going on that didn't get diagnosed.

Just awful.  

• Like 1

So sad. Didn't they have a child together who passed away?

He had a baby boy who died shortly after birth.  His wife's name was Mayte  and at the time was I want to say a backup singer or dancer with him.  Their marriage did not survive the death of their child.  I want to say his child was named Boy or Baby Boy or something.   This may have been during his Artist Formally Known as Prince or Symbol days, not sure.  I hope he and his son have been reunited and that he is at peace.

(Going off my years of gossip site reading. :))  Googled...baby was named Boy Gregory. :)

Edited by umsami

Very true, but I wonder if there was something else going on that didn't get diagnosed.

Just awful.  

Yes...and treatment may have been complicated by his being a JW (if he still was one).  Of course, the flu normally doesn't require a blood transfusion....so probably not an issue.

Bowie, Prince, Robin Williams, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston..... a lot of the people I liked as a kid are dying off.  I feel old. 

• Like 1

So tragic! I thought it was a hoax at first, too. He was so young.

Yes...and treatment may have been complicated by his being a JW (if he still was one).  Of course, the flu normally doesn't require a blood transfusion....so probably not an issue.

Yes, I've seen this speculated, but I think people don't understand that it's really just the medical use of blood that Witnesses refuse as far as medical treatment. I think if he were in dire need for a blood transfusion and refused it the media certainly would have picked up on it. I'm not sure if he identified himself as a Witness recently, but last I heard he was one of Jehovah's Witnesses. 

• Like 2

I was just watching his "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" guitar solo for the umpteenth time two nights ago. Someone commented that when Prince tossed his guitar away at the end, George reached down from heaven and grabbed it. This news makes me very sad.

Edited by livetoread
  • Like 5

Sooo sad!  Loved many of his songs.  And I'll admit this to you all only....I had the Vanity 6 album when I was younger.  :-P  Pinkmint - I was thinking the same thing about this year.  Not liking it. 

In remembrance - tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999! *tears*

Edited by Chocomom63
  • Like 1

TMZ is saying the medical event that prompted the emergency landing after his Atlanta concert last week was really a drug overdose.  He was given the rescue shot and then left AMA.

I have a couple of friends who were at his Atlanta concert, the one that was postponed because of the supposed flu the previous week.  They said he put on a fabulous show. 

• Like 1

TMZ is saying the medical event that prompted the emergency landing after his Atlanta concert last week was really a drug overdose.  He was given the rescue shot and then left AMA.

I have a couple of friends who were at his Atlanta concert, the one that was postponed because of the supposed flu the previous week.  They said he put on a fabulous show. 

If true, how sad. I thought he got away from drugs in recent years.

• Like 1

TMZ is saying the medical event that prompted the emergency landing after his Atlanta concert last week was really a drug overdose. He was given the rescue shot and then left AMA.

I have a couple of friends who were at his Atlanta concert, the one that was postponed because of the supposed flu the previous week. They said he put on a fabulous show.

I read that. He seemed so very into his heatlh. It was interesting reading how he may have known his time was short. I hope no matter what that he went peacefully without pain. His son and him are finally able to hold each other again.

• Like 1

Remember when 1999 seemed like it was so far in the future? I remember thinking I will be OLD when it rolls around. I was going to be 32, so OLD. 

I drew the purple symbol on my hand in marker. I had just come out of a great meeting at school when I heard, almost burst into tears in the library. 

• Like 8

Ok I watched the Kevin smith video. Not impressed. Lots of language and judgment of prince who everyone knows is eccentric.

As for his religion......I heard he was a JW.......I have a friend who attended a religious event where he was.......but not really sure how devout he was. Kinda hard to be a JW and live in the world he continued to live in.

• Like 1