Menu

Let's list our End of Year Homeschool Awards:

Mandylubug

I shall begin.

Best All Around Pooper During the Designated School Day: this award is awarded to the regularly regular overachiever of porcelain deposits during study hours.

Perfect Pencil Dropping Record: this award is awarded to the child that has been able to successfully drop their pencil and hunt for it daily all school year long. They may even have the ability to drop it while laying in the floor!

What awards should you create specifically for your homeschoolers?

eta: just a little humor. I am gagging in mediocre awards of PS students on social media today. Figured we could award our kids of stupid stuff, too!

• Like 16

Best Homeschool Dog, this (semi-serious) award goes to the dog who is best at being calm and still during studies and ready to go play during breaks. I nominate our dog.

Un-lost Un-broken Mechanical Pencil Award this award goes to any mechanical pencil who/which has managed to be available and working when needed for an entire school year. I have no nominees. 

• Like 11

Best Math Humming Harmony Performance - for the student duo who manage the best impromptu humming while they should be doing math

ETA: Oh, the nominees! I nominate the performance of the entire soundtrack of Into the Woods, as hummed with occasional vocal improvisation by my twins... or possibly the humming of an Imagine Dragons song which turned into a Lily Allen tune that I can't name because the words are super inappropriate performed at the dining room table this week.

• Like 10

Best YouTube Channel for Diverting Focus from Table Time to Video Watching -- I nominate Bored Shorts.

Most Quoted YouTube Channel During Table Time -- I nominate Bored Shorts. 

- - - - -

I'm starting to see a trend here.  :D

• Like 10

I shall begin.

Best All Around Pooper During the Designated School Day: this award is awarded to the regularly regular overachiever of porcelain deposits during study hours.

Perfect Pencil Dropping Record: this award is awarded to the child that has been able to successfully drop their pencil and hunt for it daily all school year long. They may even have the ability to drop it while laying in the floor!

I'm very sorry to say that I have nominees for both of these categories at my house. :toetap05:

• Like 6

Best Homeschool Dog, this (semi-serious) award goes to the dog who is best at being calm and still during studies and ready to go play during breaks. I nominate our dog.

Un-lost Un-broken Mechanical Pencil Award this award goes to any mechanical pencil who/which has managed to be available and working when needed for an entire school year. I have no nominees.

Can I expand best homeschooled dog to best homeschool pet? I'd like to nominate Pinkie Py(thon). Because, of course, it's impossible to do math without a snake.

• Like 4

Superior Catschooling Award

Distracted by Cellphone Award

Most likely to take 8 hours to do 2 hours of work

Superior Snackologist

Broadway baby schooling award - most likely to sing musical theater throughout the school day.  Possibly with made up and obnoxious lyrics.  My kids may be tied for this one. 

• Like 10

Snoring Cat Most Likely to Disrupt Lessons - I have a nominee

Student Who has Lost the Greatest Number of Pencils - I have a nominee, as well as a reward for the return of said pencils

Loudest Wail Upon Viewing a Math Book - I have a nominee here, also

• Like 5

Best Gymnastics Performance on a Chair

My nominee is for Best Gymnastics Performance on a Chair while retrieving one of the many pencils dropped while earning the Perfect Pencil Dropping Record. Booyah!

• Like 5

Best actress award, faking deadly illness in the face of a writing assignment. 

Most consecutive days with the same misspelled spelling words.

Messiest handwriting (sixth year in a row).

Best location for mobile schooling (playhouse, beach, in the fort).

• Like 7

Most Consistent Inability To Think While Outside a Two-Foot Radius of Parent

Best Slow Destruction of Underside of Upholstered Chair While Not Doing Schoolwork

Best Attempt to Disguise Instant Messaging While Doing Computer Work

Outstanding Improvisational Oration Upon Receipt Of New Task

The dropped pencil awards are basically the homeschooling participation trophies, I think. It's so good to know that it's not just mine, though.

• Like 11

Un-lost Un-broken Mechanical Pencil Award this award goes to any mechanical pencil who/which has managed to be available and working when needed for an entire school year. I have no nominees.

I really, really wish we had a nominee!

• Like 2

not sure how this quote got here ?

Longest Stare out the Window Between Math Problems.

Longest Stare out the Window Right in the Middle of a Math Problem.

Longest Stare out the Window While "Thinking" of a Math Problem.

.......DD13 wins them all....Congratulations!!!!

• Like 7

"Best student to cause the teacher to grow more gray hair"  award to my son for falling 10 feet and ending up in a wheel chair for 3 months.

"Best student inspired lesson to understand Centrifugal force" my son spinning his wheelchair and taking out his kid sister by accident.

• Like 7

Award for breaking the most desk chairs by leaning/tilting/rocking while doing schoolwork...I think DS is up to 3 chairs this year.

Most dramatic performance at the mention of that most terrifying of grammar concepts-the prepositional phrase...DD acted like she was having a heart attack

And the award for the farm animal most used as an excuse to escape school work (IE: "I know I'm supposed to be doing my math, but I just want to check on my chickens")...several nominees for this award...the dogs (everyone's excuse), the barn cats (again, everyone's excuse, especially when they had kittens), the ducks (DS's excuse), the chickens (DD's excuse), the 4-H steers (DD's back-up excuse), and my milk cows (which are my excuse when I need a few minutes to regroup  :leaving: )  

• Like 6

Best Math Humming Harmony Performance - for the student duo who manage the best impromptu humming while they should be doing math

ETA: Oh, the nominees! I nominate the performance of the entire soundtrack of Into the Woods, as hummed with occasional vocal improvisation by my twins... or possibly the humming of an Imagine Dragons song which turned into a Lily Allen tune that I can't name because the words are super inappropriate performed at the dining room table this week.

I have a nominee here for this one - except it's usually the soundtrack from Star Wars.   I'm sure there will be a day when I actually miss hearing the Star Wars theme music every day, but not today...

Longest Stare out the Window Between Math Problems.

Longest Stare out the Window Right in the Middle of a Math Problem.

Longest Stare out the Window While "Thinking" of a Math Problem.

.......DD13 wins them all....Congratulations!!!!

I have a challenger for this award as well.   The Longest Stare out the Window while humming the soundtrack from Star Wars.

The Missing Pencils here have either been (a) eaten by the dog; or (2) thrown at a sibling.   Then we have the Most Dramatic Pencil Stealing Accusation award, as in, "WHY did you STEAL my pencil?"  to which the reply is usually, "That's the one you threw at me yesterday."

• Like 1

Best Crayon Picture Award in the Kindergarten Category

Homeschooling Teacher with the Most Flexible Back in the House, (award goes to any of us who bend over backwards to make sure our children are learning something.)

Miss Speller of the Year, (given for the most creative correct use of phonics in a word that's still spelled wrong.)

• Like 2

Reward for longest Lunches ever.  

How could I forget this one?   My kids did group standardized testing yesterday and the test administrator announced at the beginning of the morning that they would have a 30-minute break for lunch.   Somehow my kids managed to eat EVERYTHING in their lunch boxes in 30 minutes.   That's a world record for fastest lunches ever for my kids.