Menu

Moms I am Better Than

plansrme

It is a short list, but I can add this mom to it.

In a nutshell, she permitted her 16 yo daughter (one of five children) to host a party at which her daughter and her friends (1) drank; (2) smoked pot; and (3) played naked Twister.  As if that weren't sufficient entertainment for anyone, the mom had sex with two of the boys at the party, one of whom was her daughter's boyfriend and also engaged in, ahem, personal pleasures right smack dab in the middle of the party guests.  She was ratted out by her AA sponsor who appears to be the only adult with any common sense in this story.

Just in case you're feeling like you're not Mom of the Year material today, keep in mind that you're not the worst mom out there, either.

ETA:  This happened in a community near Augusta, home of the Masters.  That seems kind of, I don't know--fitting, perhaps.

• Like 4

It is a short list, but I can add this mom to it.

In a nutshell, she permitted her 16 yo daughter (one of five children) to host a party at which her daughter and her friends (1) drank; (2) smoked pot; and (3) played naked Twister. As if that weren't sufficient entertainment for anyone, the mom had sex with two of the boys at the party, one of whom was her daughter's boyfriend and also engaged in, ahem, personal pleasures right smack dab in the middle of the party guests. She was ratted out by her AA sponsor who appears to be the only adult with any common sense in this story.

Just in case you're feeling like you're not Mom of the Year material today, keep in mind that you're not the worst mom out there, either.

ETA: This happened in a community near Augusta, home of the Masters. That seems kind of, I don't know--fitting, perhaps.

I don't associate the Masters with naked teenaged cougar Twister... :)

• Like 8

Can you even imagine the amount of press this would get had she been a man with a party full of girls?

Eta-Ha! Just read the article. Great minds...

??? Because of the size of their rods?  :confused1:

Because the Masters and, by extension, Augusta, is supposed to be so genteel, so refined, so we're-so-elite-that-blacks-and-women-couldn't-join-until-people-made-us-admit Condi Rice, who could wipe the floor with every one of you snotty club-member-bigots.  And, yet, just down the street, this is going on.  

• Like 1

I call myself a "loser mom" only half in jest. But, I can pat myself on my back and go about my usual day after reading that link. Gives me a yucky feeling just to read it  :eek:

Because the Masters and, by extension, Augusta, is supposed to be so genteel, so refined, so we're-so-elite-that-blacks-and-women-couldn't-join-until-people-made-us-admit Condi Rice, who could wipe the floor with every one of you snotty club-member-bigots.  And, yet, just down the street, this is going on.  

OK, now I understand the reference. (I thought that maybe you were alluding to a past Tiger Woods incident in Augusta of similar nature.)

And here I was feeling like a bad mom because I let the kids have chocolate chip power bars for breakfast!

I was feeling guilty for feeding my kids popcorn for dinner last night.  But, OTOH, I didn't have sex with any of their friends...so, GO ME!!

Society has sunk pretty low if that mom truly just gets some misdemeanors like the article suggests.   :thumbdown:

ETA: The article is not suggesting that the mom should only get misdemeanors, but rather that that might be what happens based on Georgia's handling of delinquency of a minor convictions.

Wendy

• Like 8

Because the Masters and, by extension, Augusta, is supposed to be so genteel, so refined, so we're-so-elite-that-blacks-and-women-couldn't-join-until-people-made-us-admit Condi Rice, who could wipe the floor with every one of you snotty club-member-bigots. And, yet, just down the street, this is going on.

Anyone that has lived near or in August knows it is not luxury or refined living. It is a military town, with tons of young, enlisted guys, families, a lower income society with a crazy, out of place golf course thrown in the middle. I lived there for 6 months while husband was stationed there for AIT. There were murders and drive by shootings within a mile of my apartment weekly. I am sooo not shocked to hear about that happening there.

• Like 3

Anyone that has lived near or in August knows it is not luxury or refined living. It is a military town, with tons of young, enlisted guys, families, a lower income society with a crazy, out of place golf course thrown in the middle. I lived there for 6 months while husband was stationed there for AIT. There were murders and drive by shootings within a mile of my apartment weekly. I am sooo not shocked to hear about that happening there.

I know; I live in Atlanta; it just doesn't jive with their image.  Azaleas and pimento cheese is what they want to be known for.  And to the wider world, that is probably true.  But clearly it isn't what is going on there in real life.

Hey hey hey...they are Missouri transplants. :lurk5:

• Like 2

The ages of the kids. 16 is the age of consent in GA, so stat rape charges are out.

Pretty much left with contributing to the delinquency of a minor type charges.

Even with that, isn't there an age difference clause in the law for most states?

Even someone with half a brain should know that the power differential for a sixteen year old and someone more than a decade older is a consent negating factor. So it stands to reason that a legislator should be able to recognize that.

Even with that, isn't there an age difference clause in the law for most states?

Even someone with half a brain should know that the power differential for a sixteen year old and someone more than a decade older is a consent negating factor. So it stands to reason that a legislator should be able to recognize that.

Most states only have an age difference clause if the person is under the age of consent in that state -- for example, an 18 year old can legally have intercourse with a 58 year old. 

The age difference clauses came up because (for example) teenagers were getting prosecuted for statutory rape and branded child molesters for having intercourse with other teenagers who were in many cases less than a year younger, but under the legal age of consent. 

Normally the age difference rules are to prevent teenagers from being prosecuted for having sex with someone within ~2 years of their age.

• Like 1

I saw this last night and my jaw dropped. And yet, I want to be more surprised instead of just horrified - but the poor judgment of people never ceases to amaze me. Grown women competing with their teen daughters and seeking them as peers is on my list of bad, bad parenting.

The Romeo and Juliet type exceptions only apply when someone below the age of consent engages in sexual conduct with someone within X number of years of their age.  If the age of consent is 16 in a state with an age exception, and then a 17yo and 15yo have sexual contact, the 17yo would not be prosecuted under the law.

In Georgia, the age of consent is 16 (same as 31 other states) which means that sexual contact with someone 16 or older is not a crime.

If the mother did have legal authority over the 16yo (example: teacher) then I believe a different law comes into play and the conduct would then be criminal on her part.

Let's break this down. Chocolate cake--that's grain, eggs, probably milk--three nutritious foods right there! That medal should be gold.

Now, you are venturing into an old Bill Cosby routine, "chocolate cake for breakfast", which was very G rated, but now we know about Bill Cosby. Perhaps he'd be a good party guest for this mom.

• Like 3

I read this article on USAtoday.  It said mom "woke up to 16 year's old boyfriend having s%x with her.  Implying she had no say in the matter.  To make it worse article said the reason 16 year old boyfriend was with mom was because he was um "too large" for the 16 year old daughter.  The whole thing is absolutely mind boggling.

I read this article on USAtoday. It said mom "woke up to 16 year's old boyfriend having s%x with her. Implying she had no say in the matter. To make it worse article said the reason 16 year old boyfriend was with mom was because he was um "too large" for the 16 year old daughter. The whole thing is absolutely mind boggling.

Gross

It is.

I'm not one to blame the victim, but in this case when she invited a minor child over to her house, got him drunk and high, and played strip twister with him, I have trouble seeing her as the victim.  Yes, if that part happened as she described, it's technically rape, but what she did is child sexual abuse.  

I agree 100% with the author of the article that, if a man invited teenage girls to his home and did what she did, he'd be charged with multiple felonies.