Menu

Fun Website for Finding Best Place to live for YOU :)

QueenCat

Do I have to register with the site to see my results?   I clicked the last "Next" after I finished the quiz and it's asking for a registration.  If I don't have to register, my results never popped up. 

Yeah, I went through the whole thing only to find out you must give them all your personal info and register. No thanks. I would have loved to see what they came up with, but not that much.

• Like 18

Yeah, I went through the whole thing only to find out you must give them all your personal info and register. No thanks. I would have loved to see what they came up with, but not that much.

I have a spam email and this website thinks I live at 1234 5th Street in Wallace Walla WA. My last name is also bogus.

• Like 4

Cherokee Village, AR

Herber Springs-Greers Ferry Lake, AR

Holiday Island, AR

Hot Springs-Hot Springs Village, AR

Mountain Home/Bull Shoals, AR

I have another Arkansas in my list as well.  I think the universe is telling me to move to Arkansas.  Funny thing is I have always wanted to move to Arkansas.  I'm not sure there are any good job opportunities for us there, though.

(And I have a spam e-mail, living at N/A in N/A, Iowa at some random zip code...They don't need to know where I actually live....Or my name for that matter...)

• Like 2

me too! I think it's because of the housing prices I choose.

I thought so too, but when I select the highest possible housing prices, it still leave Little Rock at the top of the list! It does mix things up down below though, Honolulu and San Francisco show up when I select no limit on housing prices.

• Like 1

I really should go visit Little Rock.

We have lived in the area 3 times in the last 20 years. Little Rock is actually a pretty cosmopolitan city and has a lot of things to do, you might like it more than you think. The downtown area has a nightlife and the waterfront area is cool. They redid the waterfront area between move 2 and 3.

The first time we lived there, though, one of the cities north of the AF base still had an active KKK chapter. The military has moved into that city now and it is integrated and safe for all.

I really should go visit Little Rock.

Northwest Arkansas is better. ;) Unless you're looking for the big city. 

NW Arkansas has the college vibe, the hippie vide, the country club vibe, and everything in between along with excellent city parks, state parks within driving, a great museum, a children's museum opening up, yada yada yada. 

I grew up in Fayetteville (college town). I wish I could move back. :( 

• Like 2

Cherokee Village, AR

Herber Springs-Greers Ferry Lake, AR

Holiday Island, AR

Hot Springs-Hot Springs Village, AR

Mountain Home/Bull Shoals, AR

I have another Arkansas in my list as well.  I think the universe is telling me to move to Arkansas.  Funny thing is I have always wanted to move to Arkansas.  I'm not sure there are any good job opportunities for us there, though.

(And I have a spam e-mail, living at N/A in N/A, Iowa at some random zip code...They don't need to know where I actually live....Or my name for that matter...)

What kind of job are you looking for? There's probably some great opportunities in Northwest Arkansas (Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville, Lowell) with some surrounding towns fitting the population numbers of the ones you listed above. :) 

What kind of job are you looking for? There's probably some great opportunities in Northwest Arkansas (Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville, Lowell) with some surrounding towns fitting the population numbers of the ones you listed above. :)

Primarily manufacturing.  He has done lots of other miscellaneous jobs as well, including his current job of tower climbing, so he's pretty open to different jobs.  Right now we are looking at yet another move, and I keep wondering if we should try out a different state.  With our large family, though, it is hard to find a job that can support all of us on one salary.

Arkansas was my dominant suggestion, too. Followed by Oregon. No offense, Arkansas? but I suspect Oregon would be a better fit for me. :lol:

Given the dominance of Arkansas as a suggestion for people on this thread, I'm beginning to suspect an AK Chamber of Commerce conspiracy . . .

:party:

I have always wanted to start a conspiracy theory!!! :) :) :)

Of course, I would really want a more imaginative, crazy, out there theory, but I will take it.

• Like 2

Maybe homeschooling skews us all into AR? Are there a lot of homeschoolers there?

Well, there are the Duggars, that adds a few to the total. :)

There are a fair amount of homeschoolers, but not more so than other places in the South and Midwest. I found the highest percentage in an area we lived in in Southern Illinois, a lot of Christian homeschoolers and the private Christian schools were both poor quality and expensive. The Christian schools in Arkanas were cheap and moderate quality. The Catholic schools in Arkansas were cheap and good quality instruction, I had several Protestant friends who sent their children to Catholic school there.

• Like 1

Most of mine are NC cities. Top ones were there and VA. It's probably because I marked that part of the country on the map.

Too many trees for me here and in NC, but it was interesting.

See NC is where I have always thought I should live. Which is perhaps as much of a mismatch for this PNW girl as I would think AR would be.

Nantucket MA is my top option - it didn't take my home prices into account too much since the average house there costs $1 million! 

Shelburne Falls, MA

Brattleboro, VT

Burlington, VT

Middlebury, VT

Montpelier, VT <--- I live here now

I guess I'm in the right area. :-)

Funny, I live in Arkansas and did not get one Arkansas city. I would definitely choose Fayetteville over Little Rock. We were just up that way yesterday at the Crystal Bridges Museum viewing the "Van Gogh to Rothko" exhibit. I love Northwest Arkansas!

My top three were:

Augusta, GA

Hattiesburg, MS

Charlotte, NC

Mine are:

Heber Springs AR - main industry tourism, so no that wouldn't work

Hot Springs AR- tourism, retirement area

Mountain Home/Bull Shore, AR- guess what, tourism again

Salisbury MD- WHAT?!!  it asked me about weather and I chose very little Snow and low COL and it gives me MD as my #4?

Truth or Consequence NM- tourist industry again.

My list gets better further down

Hickory NC, Paris TN, Oxford MS, but that's about it.  I think i need to go back and redo some of my answers.

My top three are:

1) Tulsa

2) Greenville SC

3) Chattanooga

From what I know about these cities, I'd say the results are pretty spot on.

Tulsa was my number one......... Greenville and Chattanooga were in the top ten but not the top three.

Do I have to register with the site to see my results?   I clicked the last "Next" after I finished the quiz and it's asking for a registration.  If I don't have to register, my results never popped up. 

yes

Mine are:

Heber Springs AR - main industry tourism, so no that wouldn't work

Hot Springs AR- tourism, retirement area

Mountain Home/Bull Shore, AR- guess what, tourism again

Salisbury MD- WHAT?!!  it asked me about weather and I chose very little Snow and low COL and it gives me MD as my #4?

Truth or Consequence NM- tourist industry again.

My list gets better further down

Hickory NC, Paris TN, Oxford MS, but that's about it.  I think i need to go back and redo some of my answers.

Salisbury, MD is near the shore. They don't get much snow. College town.

• Like 1

I've never been to any of these.

Nashville, Tennessee
Cincinnati, Ohio
Knoxville, Tennessee
Lexington, Kentucky
St. Louis, Missouri
Greenville, South Carolina
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Johnson City-Kingsport, Tennessee
Iowa City, Iowa
Minneapolis-St Paul, Minnesota
Louisville, Kentucky
Evansville, Indiana
Springfield, Missouri
Indianapolis, Indiana
Clarksville, Tennessee
Overland Park, Kansas
Loveland, Colorado
Muncie, Indiana
Columbus, Ohio
Ames, Iowa
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Bloomington, Indiana

• Like 1

We're looking to relocate so I thought this was interesting. Here were my top 5:

1. Hartford, CT (on our list actually as a possibility)

2. Long Island, NY (um, no)

3. Cincinnati, OH (meh)

4. Philadelphia, PA (it'd be nice but a bit pricey)

5. Knoxville, TN (wouldn't be opposed)

I got a ton of PA cities and we currently live in PA but in a way-too-small city. I like PA in some ways but the Catholic scene here is awful and our city is too small to have the services our oldest needs. I think they put so many of those because I selected the northeast as my ideal region.