Menu

Not about the Duggars

LibraryLover

Eta. Sorry to have been so cryptic. That makes it worse.

What I saw gave me a sick going -to -hell -in- a- basket feeling (especially the dancers grabbing at her legs at the end). I'm a positive person by nature, but this? Why people? Why?

The vid posted later in the link has the ending cut. Lion tamer Lifetime would be inoffensive google words. (If you want to see what was aired on the show.)

Guest submarines

How do you google this? :huh:

I'd like to find out more what the OP talking about.

I really dislike posts where outrage is expressed, and I cant figure out what is it all about. Except that it is not about the Duggars. This is clear.

'Lifetime whip dance' is what brought it up for me.

I ended up watching the whole episode in question, the company/event thing (sorry not up on dance terms) and even one of the backup dancers complained it was too risque. The agent got called old fashioned for criticizing the maturity. The important thing is no one stopped it from happening :/

Guest submarines

'Lifetime whip dance' is what brought it up for me.

I ended up watching the whole episode in question, the company/event thing (sorry not up on dance terms) and even one of the backup dancers complained it was too risque. The agent got called old fashioned for criticizing the maturity. The important thing is no one stopped it from happening :/

Thanks. This search doesn't bring me anything that looks plausible. I get p0*n links, nothing that looks like a reality show that would be on lifetime?

Why the name of the show can't be mentioned here? I'm too dense.

I'd like to find out more what the OP talking about.

I really dislike posts where outrage is expressed, and I cant figure out what is it all about. Except that it is not about the Duggars. This is clear.

I googled the key words from her description - "girl dancing whip cage men" - and I'm pretty sure I found the show she was talking about.  (Generally google's pretty effective at that.)

Guest submarines

I googled the key words from her description - "girl dancing whip cage men" - and I'm pretty sure I found the show she was talking about.  (Generally google's pretty effective at that.)

I did google the key words, and I got links that I'm absolutely sure are not for any show. The entire page are explicit p0*n links. I'm on Bing, though, I think.

Guest submarines

Thank you for the kind soul who googled for me and sent me the name of the show. I haven't looked it up yet, just wanted to say Thanks! And now I'm wondering why I'm not getting the same result. I'm using Bing and I'm in Canada. Weird.

Okay.

I'm not a prude by any means, but . . .

Too young.  Too suggestive.  No actual talent involved.  So . .  . why??

Going back into my cave now . . . 

For 8yo she seems pretty talented to me.  Though I'm not a dance mom.

I've seen more talent at my daughter's dance studio but none of those girls are allowed to dance in such a suggestive way. They also don't have backup dancers??

There were a lot of people in that room. Am I the only person who has no desire to see children I didn't birth sing, dance, act, etc.??

As to it being a pedo's dream, I doubt that. I would think a pedo would prefer a child who looked like a child.

She's  talented-but she's been pushed very hard into an extreme, suggestive, look "fierce" direction. If anything, the choreography I've seen in clips of her new show is much easier than she was doing 2 years ago, and is more in the "move, pose, flip, pose" category.  She was able to hold her own on AUDC against older dancers until her lack of versatility did her in. But being a fairly talented young dancer doesn't get you a TV show. Being extreme does.

I've seen more talent at my daughter's dance studio but none of those girls are allowed to dance in such a suggestive way. They also don't have backup dancers??

There were a lot of people in that room. Am I the only person who has no desire to see children I didn't birth sing, dance, act, etc.??

As to it being a pedo's dream, I doubt that. I would think a pedo would prefer a child who looked like a child.

If a child/person has talent then I enjoy watching them. Not in a creepy way but just appreciate their abilities as long as it's appropriate. There have been quite a number of kids on America's Got Talent this year that I think have been quite enjoyable to watch. The kid dancers on their have been amazing!

I am saddened by the idea that is ok because 'we've seen worse.'

Have families never seen overexposed child actors crash and burn? Why would you exploit a child to that end? How many kids manage to get out alive?

Not sure but I think famous kids crash and burn because the public can't stop taking jabs at them (including the way they are being raised).

For 8yo she seems pretty talented to me.  Though I'm not a dance mom.

She is extremely talented. Likely because she has been worked extremely hard since she was 18 months old. Actual age according to her mother.

This particular piece didn't do anything for me bc:

It didn't show her dancing skill to it's best IMO. It's mostly prancing, whip snapping, and splits. And while she does all of those things better than I could, it's not particularly talented. Her ability to handle complex choreography is amazing.

I wouldn't have found the aesthetics appealing even if she were over 18. It lacked flare, imagination and uniqueness. Oh look another dominatrix strutting with a whip. *yawn*

I felt bad for the dad and little sister. I don't see that ending well. Tho I don't see any of it ending well for any of them actually.

I am saddened by the idea that is ok because 'we've seen worse.'

Have families never seen overexposed child actors crash and burn? Why would you exploit a child to that end? How many kids manage to get out alive?

People do it for fame/recognition/money.  If their kid has a bit of talent they see a cash cow.  They see a cash cow because the public watches this stuff.  If the public stopped participating it would somewhat go away.

The kids who manage to survive it have parents who were not in it for the massive amounts of money.  They were in it because their kids enjoyed acting/dancing/singing and they were supporting their endeavors.

Honestly, on the Duggar topic I think the Duggars exploit their kids too.  Growing up in the public arena can cause problems for these kids later. 

I think this girl has talent and she has some good genetics.  I didn't think the choreography for this particular dance was super hard, there was much harder choreography for dance moms.  My dd is a dancer and started at 4 (she's 10 now).  I just see no need to sexualize young children.  I do not think kids should be twerking with their midriffs showing.  This kid's 10 minutes will be over before she's an adult.  I have one dancer and one theater kid.  And yes, this child has talent.  But not necessarily more talent than plenty of other kids around.  She is "training" as a full time job.  And the child is clearly a mini-me of mom.  

The fact that this is a reality show disgusts me more than the rest of it because now the gawking general public is supporting the  lifestyle of making this child a marketing commodity. 

I would hate being in the public eye. I don't even like having family pictures with me in them.

So the idea of my family doing reality tv is beyond my comprehension.

I've always thought it's terribly cruel. Childhood is full of stupid and foolish and ugly and humiliating moments that most of us deal with privately and move on. That's hard enough. Having all those moments available on instant replay for the rest of our lives seems really cruel and unkind to me. Or our worst parenting moments too for that matter. I know I wouldn't want to be forever characterized by whatever moment in my life got the highest viewer rating. Especially knowing how much people love to view a wreck but usually don't pull over to help. :/

There have been celebrity kids who came out OK.  They don't make the news as much as those who don't.

There are also obscure kids who don't come out OK.

I would not choose this path for myself or my kids, but I try not to judge if it appears the child wants it.  In this case, it appears she does.

This 8yo's personality reminds me of my eldest daughter (though she is a *little* more humble, LOL.)  She would love the attention and the opportunity to dress up and perform.  She isn't that talented, and I don't have the inclination to spend more time on extracurriculars than we already do.  But I don't feel it would be wrong per se.  I know families where the young girl is passionate about dance.  Their lives are completely different from mine, and I don't view that as something to judge.

I think it's too easy to pick on celebrity kids, and I don't think there's really any good reason to do it.  None of us are perfect.  None of our kids are perfect.  But where there's a little girl with personality and talent and passion and she's living her dream - even briefly - I think that's great for her.

Would people be this judgmental about a girl doing the spelling bee circuit?

Would people be this judgmental about a girl doing the spelling bee circuit?

Um.  No.  Unless she's half dressed and romping around the stage spelling words while acting like Beyonce.

And no one is judging a celebrity's child (is this a celebrity's child??  I have no idea who these people are).  They are judging the parents of said child.  The child is just a victim of crappy parenting.

Guest submarines

Not for anything, but why was there such hesitation about mentioning the name of the show??? :confused:

Yes, please enlighten me. There's no hesitation in mentioning Honey Boo Boo, Dance Moms, the Duggars...??? What am I missing?

Okay, I'll do it. It's Raising Asia.