Menu

I'm feeling uninspired in the dinner department. Care to share your meal plans for the upcoming week?

AimeeM

I have one who must eat wheat free, but it's very easily, in general, to accommodate as we've become used to it.

I'm tired, ridiculously busy with appointments, and just... uninspired. I have time to cook in the evenings, but I can't come up with anything and Google isn't helping my level of "bleh".

Anyone care to share their meal plans for the upcoming week? I'm going shopping tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'm making a pork stew.

The day after I'm grilling chicken leg quarters. Maybe I'll marinade them first. I'll serve some sort of veggie on the side. Maybe Brussels sprouts.

Day after I'm making this: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/spinach-enchiladas-00100000072583/index.html

I add cooked chicken in that too.

Day after I have some flavored chicken sausages I'll probably grill. Homemade kraut. Some other veg on the side.

So far that's all I got on my plans. I need to go shopping too.

Sparkly, aren't you low carb?? How are you going to eat the spinach enchiladas??

I don't have a whole week planned as I don't plan that far. Today I'm making Asian Peanut Butter pork from the Crockpot 365 cookbook. It will be served over carrot and zucchini noodles for dh and me and rice for the kids. I've already tried the pork and it is super yummy! I doubt I do any other side dishes because I'm feeling rather blah at the moment.

eta the Crockpot site is all gluten free. She uses more processed food than I generally do in some recipes but a lot are good basis, I usually tweak at least some for everything but that is true with anything.

Today: Chicken Ramen Noodles

Tomorrow: Shrimp Ramen Noodels

Next day: Vegetable Ramen Noodles

Day after Next Day: Plain white rice with an egg fried in ("stir fry")

Day after that: Free pizza from a community event

I don't have a whole week planned as I don't plan that far. Today I'm making Asian Peanut Butter pork from the Crockpot 365 cookbook. It will be served over carrot and zucchini noodles for dh and me and rice for the kids. I've already tried the pork and it is super yummy! I doubt I do any other side dishes because I'm feeling rather blah at the moment.

eta the Crockpot site is all gluten free. She uses more processed food than I generally do in some recipes but a lot are good basis, I usually tweak at least some for everything but that is true with anything.

I've made that before - it is delicious.  I usually am not a crockpot fan but this one I like.

This week:

Sunday: Steaks on the grill, salad, Kale chips

Monday: Homemade pizza, salad

Tuesday:BLTs with avocado, salad

Weds.: Hamburgers, salad

Thursday: burritos: black beans, tomato, avocado, salsa, cheese, and salad

Friday: Some new Hawaiian bean dish I'm trying with rice and, uh, salad (I love salad)

Sat.: Dh cooks, he usually does something with beans.

This week we've had/will have

Monday:Honey Sesame Chicken and Lo Mein

Tuesday: Sausage Wraps

Wednesday: Lasagna

Thursday: Hamburgers

Friday:  Homemade Pizza

Saturday:  Grilled Chicken marinated in Stubb's Green Chile marinade

Sunday: Roast

I've tried to use the items from the CSA. Lots of salads with grilled fish, green peppers, etc, and I'm planning more ratatouille . ;) I made chicken soup today as it was a lovely cool day. No AC needed.

I've also heard talk of fishing by a friend of my ds. So fingers crossed there !

So far we've had-

BBQ chicken, tomatoes with olive oil and salt, avocado

Meatballs, mashed potatoes, green beans

Chicken stir fry with broccoli, carrots, peas, and green beans over rice

Rump roast with carrots, celery, and onions and salad

Not sure what is going to happen the rest of the week...my mom is here visiting so I left it open in case we want to take her out.

Tonight is breakfast for dinner, waffles, eggs and bacon

Tomorrow is homemade chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries

Saturday is chicken tikka masala (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-tikka-masala/detail.aspx ) <--- best recipe ever

Sunday is beef and lamb meatballs

Monday is spaghetti

Tuesday is Chicken pesto

I usually plan 2 weeks at a time. I get a lot of my recipes from emilybites and skinny taste because they are all relatively healthy and low calorie.

Tonight: kids are eating frozen pizza and I am getting take-out after a meeting.  DH is out of town on business.

Tomorrow: German pancakes

Saturday; Ham and bean soup

Sunday: Pork Chops, homemade applesauce, and probably potatoes of some sort

Monday: Roast w/ potatoes and corn on the cob

Tuesday: BBQ pork dinner at DD's end of camp family supper

Wednesday: Stroganoff made from leftover roast

We've had:

Sunday- italian sausage stuffed ravioli from Costco with marinara, salad. (I was tired, it was late, so I just grabbed it while at Costco.)

Monday- dh took the kids out for the day and fed them something while they were out.

Tuesday- chicken and veggie stir-fry (we like it with bok choy, red bell peppers, carrots, and mushrooms.)

Wednesday- shrimp tacos with avocado, red cabbage, fresh cilantro, lime, salsa. And beer for the adults, of course. Gotta have beer with tacos.

Thursday- Pioneer Woman's roasted red pepper pasta, salad. Quick and easy.

Friday will be falafel in pitas with tahini-lemon sauce and raw veggies on the side.

I'm not sure any of that will help you, it all has wheat, except the stir-fry.

Tonight: http://www.mamalovesfood.com/2011/10/corn-and-potato-chowder-recipe-for.html  because I have to use up the 12 ears of corn I bought yesterday for dinner guests on Friday who cancelled

Tomorrow: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/slow_cooker_mexican_pulled_pork/  which I'm actually pulling out of the freezer, since our Friday plans have changed.  Served with all the taco "fixings", subbing shredded cabbage for lettuce, because I find it holds up the pork better.  I love this recipe since it makes lots of easily freezable leftovers.

Saturday: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/08/pork-chops-peaches-basil-recipe.html  with a side of couscous and green beans.  It's "date night in" for DH and I.  

Other meals in the rotation before farmer's market on Wednesday:

- manicotti stuffed with shredded carrots, zucchini, ricotta cheese, and chicken basil sausage (also leftover from Friday's not-dinner party)

- parmesan chicken (Barefoot Contessa recipe) with whatever vegetables look like they need to be eaten, an arugula salad, and probably leftover couscous

- orange chicken (I double the sauce, and use onions, sugar snaps, carrots, water chestnuts, and pineapple) over rice: http://weelicious.com/2010/08/18/orange-chicken/

Tonight was Greek burgers, ratatouille, green beans

Friday - something fast and easy?! busy day away from home and minor league baseball game at night.

Saturday - grilled salmon, green salad, corn on the cob, another veggie

Sunday - roast beef in the crock pot

Monday - Chx

Tuesday - pasta or beans

Wednesday - stir fry

Thursday - leftovers

Friday - mexican

I usually just make a list of things to make during the week but don't assign them days.

Pulled pork with butter beans
Falafels with pita bread, yogurt sauce, and veggies
Salmon cooked in parchment with zucchini and lemons
Orange chicken from TJs with asparagus
Veggie stew with beans
Stir fry

Tortilla soup
Bratwurst with grilled peppers, onions, and mashed potatoes

Chicken Parmesan, only I don't add any cheese to it. :lol: I just season the chicken and dip it in panko then fry it and serve it with pasta and sauce. I can't have cheese but it works.

Pork Chops with crash potatoes and green beans

Pork chili verde

Beef stew

Today's dinner:

ds1: stir fry over rice of garlic, onions, and spinach. He's the proverbial "man" who likes anything with garlic and onions. Last night he asked me what smelled so good when I was making squash and garbanzos for myself and his little brother even though he hates squash and he hates garbanzos.

ds2: okara balls and organic whole wheat elbow macaroni with margarine. Okara is the stuff that's left over when you make soy milk and he was offered the same thing I made for ds1 or marinara sauce or pesto for his pasta, but he didn't want that.

me: a quart of homemade soymilk (DIY hormone replacement therapy and Weston A Price can spend an hour with me if he wants to question, snark, or condescend that decision because that's MUCH worse than kissing my ASCII or taking a hike or any other potty mouth fate worse than death I can think of right now) and little tastes of my sons' dinners' to make sure I got the seasonings right.

My grandcat: Atta Cat from the big bags that are on sale for $10 this week. I didn't taste that because he was perfectly capable of telling me himself that it's nasty and he wishes we hadn't run out of fancy feast so quickly.

Tomorrow will be better.

Turkey goulsh

BBQ chicken w/ beans and garlic bread

Chicken salad made with left over chicken(pasta, black olives, chunk cheese,Italian dressing)

Enchiladas

Stuffed peppers

Quesadillas with sweet potatoes and kidneybeans

Orzo bake

This past week

Chili

Porkbroastvwith roasted potatoes

Honey chicken wit rice and Brussel sprouts

Pizza

Spaghetti w/ garlic bread