Menu

Sad News Thathomeschooldad

kewb

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very moved by your condolence messages. Thank you so very much for your kindness and friendship. Tom really loved being on these boards!

Tom lived with the mets for a few years and went through a lot in terms of treatment, appointments, side effects, etc.. His teams always remarked that he was the healthiest looking sick person - you would never guess if you saw him. His strong, positive attitude and proactive approach combined to create a situation that was absolutely remarkable -  incredibly inspirational!

More recently things became different and we had months of coping with emergency hospitalizations and a severe change that he was very aware of and did not like one bit. He remarked that if this would just go away he would be feeling better. It was the truth but was not meant to be for him.

It was the greatest honor for me to hold both of his hands as he passed very rapidly from this life.

Words cannot express how dearly he will be missed. After 30 years of being together, I have a gaping hole in my heart.

My daughter describes her relationship with Daddy as "like two peas in a pod."

We are eternally grateful for every moment we had together.

Many Thanks to You Again for being a friend! It really meant a lot!

I am very moved by your condolence messages. Thank you so very much for your kindness and friendship. Tom really loved being on these boards!

Tom lived with the mets for a few years and went through a lot in terms of treatment, appointments, side effects, etc.. His teams always remarked that he was the healthiest looking sick person - you would never guess if you saw him. His strong, positive attitude and proactive approach combined to create a situation that was absolutely remarkable -  incredibly inspirational!

More recently things became different and we had months of coping with emergency hospitalizations and a severe change that he was very aware of and did not like one bit. He remarked that if this would just go away he would be feeling better. It was the truth but was not meant to be for him.

It was the greatest honor for me to hold both of his hands as he passed very rapidly from this life.

Words cannot express how dearly he will be missed. After 30 years of being together, I have a gaping hole in my heart.

Thank you so much for logging in to share this with us during what I know is an extraordinarily difficult time for you. 

I hope that you can see by what has been written here that your husband was much loved and well respected, and many of us will miss his presence here tremendously.   I wish nothing but the best for you and your daughter.  

Thank you so much for logging in to share this with us during what I know is an extraordinarily difficult time for you.

I hope that you can see by what has been written here that your husband was much loved and well respected, and many of us will miss his presence here tremendously. I wish nothing but the best for you and your daughter.

This 1000x

I'm so saddened to hear this (didn't know he was ill).   I recognize his wtm name but can not find threads anywhere.  Someone send me a link to his?

How very sad to hear about this and all of the other personal situations.    :crying:

I know it must have been incredibly hard (and still is), but I'm really glad you were there for him.  We were lucky to have him for friendship, etc.  He was lucky to have you for so much more.

Take care and treasure the (good) memories.  :grouphug:

:grouphug:

I am so sorry for your and your daughters loss Lisa. Your DH had a wicked sense of humour which will be missed.