Menu

How many lotions/moisturisers do you use regularly?

Laura Corin

108 members have voted

1. 1. How many lotions/moisturisers do you use regularly?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • More than five
    • None
    • Other

My skin is getting drier as I age.  I set myself up with day face creams, night face creams, eye creams, hand creams, body lotions..... but I tended to forget.  Now I just put a body lotion on the dry bits after my shower at night, and then pass my lotiony hands over my face.  I use a heavier lotion in the winter, but do exactly the same thing.  In the morning, I put a tinted SPF moisturiser on my face.

How about you? Do you think that all those products are really very different, or is it just marketing?

L

I use one for around my eyes, one for my face (a PM one, I don't like the ones with sunscreen), and another one for the rest of my body.  I have a fourth that I sometimes use on my feet and hands, but I use that one more in the winter.  Regular lotion works fine the rest of the year.

I've always had dry skin, so I'm use to trying to stay on top of it.  

I use a light facial lotion with SPF every single morning. Eye cream every morning and when I remember at night. Body lotion on legs and arms almost daily. Facial night cream when i remember. I have a foot lotion that I use occasionally. I think they are all very different.

I try to make sure I drink plenty of water, and eat less sugar (when I ate no sugar, my legs weren't dry anymore.)

I have my face, and then some specific ones for a couple spots that have issues.  one area I had a haemangioma as a child, and now it is brutally dry.  If I don't moisturize it, it will dry out, crack and bleed and be quite painful.  though it might also be a fungus as I have a spot on the ball of my foot that is similar.  and hands, especially around nails so I don't get hangnails.

I use jojoba oil or apricot oil on my face and neck in the morning (I have both on hand and switch off from time to time).  At night, I use an anti-aging face cream.

I don't always remember to moisturize the rest of my body, but when I do, I use coconut oil.  When my hands are really dry, I'll use some heavy duty hand lotion.

Once a week (give or take), I give myself a pedicure and use a foot cream for that. 

I do think different lotions/moisturizers/oils/etc. work differently depending on their ingredients.  

I use one moisturizer on my face (one with sun screen :001_smile: ; I *need* the sunscreen, and I don't want to apply it separately) and one on the rest of my body. 

Yep.  Me too.

Oil of Olay on my face when I wake up and after I wash my face at night and Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion on my skin after the shower.  Just like my grandma taught me when I was a little girl. 

I put 5 :-)

I use ponds on my face after I wash it, and a tinted/sunscreen moisturizer if I go out. I have a body lotion that I use a couple times a week. I also have a pomegranate lotion from Crabtree and Evelyn that I use instead of perfume. Lastly, I have a shimmery body lotion that I put on my exposed skin before I perform. It has enough shimmery stuff to pick up the light so I don't look dull, but not so much that I look like I'm covered in glitter.

I've used lotions since I was a teen. After every bath or shower I lotion my whole body. I change what I use, but whatever I use needs to be super moisturizing. I use a moisturizer with SPF on my face, neck and chest as well. I do not wash my face everyday. I use a face scrub once a week. I am becoming more consistent about sunscreen since I'm in the ocean several times a week. If I remember, I will lotion my hands after washing the dishes. 

Does it make a difference? I'd sure like to think it does. After a lifetime of doing this my skin looks pretty good for 50+ years.

My skin is getting drier as I age.  I set myself up with day face creams, night face creams, eye creams, hand creams, body lotions..... but I tended to forget.  Now I just put a body lotion on the dry bits after my shower at night, and then pass my lotiony hands over my face.  I use a heavier lotion in the winter, but do exactly the same thing.  In the morning, I put a tinted SPF moisturiser on my face.

How about you? Do you think that all those products are really very different, or is it just marketing?

L

I use one moisturizer for my face at night.  I have one for my body that I use on my hands and feet as well. I wear a tinted BB cream instead of foundation and it has SPF as well as hydrating properties.  I don't know if I should count that as a lotion or not.

In winter, I use a hydrating mask for my face in addition to the moisturizer.  I do that once or twice a week, depending on how dry I am.  I do try to keep the whole routine simple and straightforward.

None. I've always had normal skin, and haven't noticed it getting any drier as I age (I'm 44). I only use water on my face so don't need to moisturize it afterward. If I do need something for my body I use a little coconut oil or shea butter (both I keep on hand for my hair). I have sensitive skin so for me less is more.

I didn't start using a face cream until the past few months when I got a recommendation from here. I'm 45 and feel like my skin finally needs something. I put it on before bed. I have no idea if it's doing anything, but I feel like I'm doing something at least. :)

I use four, usually. Heavy duty foot cream for my hands at night, Oil of Olay with sunscreen on my face and neck/chest, hand lotion that I keep in my purse and a body lotion my hubby kindly rubs me down as often as I can get him to. Plus vaseline for my lips all the time.  

What tinted sunscreen are you ladies using? I need one but have sensitive skin. Anyone have one they can recommend?

I use coconut oil all over, including on my face before bed.  I never break out from it.  When I go outside, I use an Aveeno moisturizer with sunscreen.  I only use sunscreen prior to going outside because sunscreen does cause me to break out.  Before using make-up, which I don't apply daily, I will use CeraVe.