Menu

Does anyone else have a kid who does this?

This is something I've never seen another kid do, even though there are some all-boy boys (and girls) in my extended family. My youngest dd, age 7, climbs door frames. She braces her hands and feet on the door jambs and then climbs all the way to the top and back down. Sometimes, she kind of turns sideways and wedges herself so that she's half-sitting, half-lying in the doorway.

So who else's kids do this? My kid can't be the only one. :001_smile:

Yep yep

All of mine do to some extent...but the 9 yr old is the expert. I'm going to have to rename him on my blog "Tree Frog" :p He's also the one who jumps off the balcony ;)

My 2 yr old..well, he sure TRIES to climb the doorframes, but as you can imagine, his wee little legs and arms don't help him much. teehee But it's sure fun to watch. :D

oh gosh yes!! Mine all do [or try] this! I have pics of my 2d ds in his spiderman costume hanging from the top of the doorframe.

In fact, he has figured out how to scale the stairway via the walls w/o touching the stairs :eek:

i just count it as PE ;)

and here ya go --i added a couple pics from 2003 :D

post-115-13535082625299_thumb.jpg

post-115-13535082625611_thumb.jpg

post-115-13535082625299_thumb.jpg

post-115-13535082625611_thumb.jpg

This is something I've never seen another kid do, even though there are some all-boy boys (and girls) in my extended family. My youngest dd, age 7, climbs door frames. She braces her hands and feet on the door jambs and then climbs all the way to the top and back down. Sometimes, she kind of turns sideways and wedges herself so that she's half-sitting, half-lying in the doorway.

\

We did this and more. Behind our house separated by an alley was 2 tall brick warehouse buildings that were close together. We used to shimming up the building and get to the top and jump from one building to another...until we got caught. Now as a Mom, I would never let my son do this.

Thanks, ladies. I feel better knowing it's not so unusual. All of my kids climb lots of other things, but the youngest is the only one that does door frames. Of course, she's also the child of whom I wrote in a Christmas letter a few years ago, "Katie is not walking yet. She runs, hops, skips, climbs, and jumps, but she never just walks." :lol:

Thanks, ladies. I feel better knowing it's not so unusual. All of my kids climb lots of other things, but the youngest is the only one that does door frames. Of course, she's also the child of whom I wrote in a Christmas letter a few years ago, "Katie is not walking yet. She runs, hops, skips, climbs, and jumps, but she never just walks." :lol:

yeah....i hear that one! lol

i swear i gave birth to mountain goats.

here's another of my oldest [again, back in 2003, lol]

he's the one in the orange shirt.

post-115-13535082625819_thumb.jpg

post-115-13535082625819_thumb.jpg

Both my kids can climb both doorways and hallways.

My dd is tall and she has actually, also, figured out a way to climb the large opening leading into our living room. This is what usually REALLY impresses people, because the opening is quite large and dd has to practically do the splits to climb it.

Oh gosh, I remember doing it as a kid, and my DD5 does it now. She recently discovered it and has the perfect spot in our kitchen doorways. I always thought it was pretty normal.

Oh, that's my boy! Put him in a Spiderman costume, and the kids becomes a climbing fiend! Two years ago, we were visiting my IL's during Halloween season. I had to keep pulling him down from the doorways, and off the banister, because I was totally stressed thinking that his grandfather would catch him! I have great pictures, but I don't know how to post them here. :glare: