Menu

Need baby girl name help please!

PentecostalMom

So we found out our newest addition will be a baby girl and are trying to fgure out names before we tell everyone. We are trying to name her after her grandmothers, this is what I have to work with:

Mary (love this)

Ann/Anna

Lois

I cannot use Ann or Anna as a first name. I would prefer to use Mary as a first name but I do not have to. We are willing to consider any variations. Thanks!

I have a Mary Helen. Mary, after the mother of Jesus, and Helen--we've never heard of or met a Helen we didn't admire in some way--Helen Hayes and Helen Hunt are/were wonderful actresses, Helen Keller was persevering and intelligent, Helen of Troy was beautiful...

I like Miriam. It is the Hebrew version of Mary. It means several things--"bitter," or my favorite, "hope of change."

I love calling a girl by her first and middle names, especially with Mary. We did that with one of our DDs. I think that Mary Ann and Mary Lois are nice. Mary by itself is nice, too. You could also do a double name with Mary + grandmother's last or maiden name. There are a lot of girls around here with double names whose middle names are family last names. For example if your mother's name was Lois Spencer you would name your daughter Mary Spencer Smith instead of Mary Lois Smith and call her Mary Spencer. I think it's a regional thing, though. If you're not in the South it may be weird or confusing to others.

I absolutely LOVE Mary. Pair it up with whatever you want :).

If Mary is your favorite, go with that one! :)

I should have been more clear. I need to use at least two of them. I need a first name and a middle name. I was hoping for Mary something. If I cannot figure out Mary something then something Mary or a combo of any. My apologies for the confusion!

I'd either go with something simple and classic such as

Marianne Lois,

LoisAnn Mary,

Annmarie Lois

or something with with different forms such as

Mia Ansley,

Louisa Mariel

Moira Annise

Annika Louise

Hannah Loyce

Of all that I listed Mia Ansley is my favorite.

Old lady names are in!

Yes they are! My baby is June Evelyn after her great-grandmothers. GGma Evelyn couldn't believe we gave our baby such an old lady name as Evelyn :-)

PS I love all the options with the choices you have.

Worked with a lovely lady named Anna Maria.

Went to school with a girl named Marianne.

You can use Maryam or Mariam or Miryam if you want to go more based on its semetic roots.

For Lois, you could also use Heloise, Louise, Louisa, etc.

Anna Louisa is pretty. Maria Louisa.

Old lady names are in!

But not ALL old lady names. I don't think we're ready for Gertrude or Bernice yet, are we? (Or is it just me?)

Mary Eloise

Mary Annaloise

I LOVE Mary Eloise! It's classic but still unique. I also just love the name Lois.

But not ALL old lady names. I don't think we're ready for Gertrude or Bernice yet, are we? (Or is it just me?)

I LOVE Mary Eloise! It's classic but still unique. I also just love the name Lois.

Ha! True, true! I could be on board with a Gertrude, though!