Menu

Cervical biopsy tomorrow.....

Joanne

They found abnormal cells from my well woman appointment. They then tested for HPV. That was positive.

Think good thoughts.

I will be working before, and then after, the procedure. I am worried about discomfort and pain tomorrow. Of course, I am worried about the results.

Hoping and praying that everything is OK, Joanne! I had a similar scare several years ago, so I know how you're feeling. The biopsy isn't really any more painful than a regular PAP. You'll feel a little pinch or two, but that's all. I was scared it was really going to hurt, but it was no big deal, so try not to worry about that part.

In my case, they found pre-cancerous lesions and removed them with a LEEP procedure that was performed in the office. It was pretty quick. The doctor removed the lesions and thank goodness I have been fine and HPV-free ever since.

Hopefully, they'll find nothing for you to worry about, but even if they do, if you've been going for yearly exams, anything you have is probably in the very early, pre-cancerous stage. (And I HATE that word -- pre-cancer -- because the majority of women with the pre-cancerous lesions do not go on to get cancer!)

Update us when you can. I'll be thinking of you. :grouphug:

They found abnormal cells from my well woman appointment. They then tested for HPV. That was positive.

Think good thoughts.

I will be working before, and then after, the procedure. I am worried about discomfort and pain tomorrow. Of course, I am worried about the results.

I actually didn't feel my biopsy *at all*.

However. Standing in the Drs office as I was leaving? My head felt like the bell that gets rung on that hammer/circus game. Just like that. One minute fine, the next wondering why the ceiling was so far away.

And, my HPV went away, on its own.

I went back to work after mine, did it on my lunch hour. Bring a pad for bleeding, but otherwise I was fine. Some cramping, but not bad. Honestly it was more emotionally tough than anything...my doctor had a lousy bedside manner and that kind of thing is always scary. But it was fine. Oh, and it came back normal. My body had fought off the HPV by the time we did the biopsy. And healed. all the cells were normal, after a pretty bad PAP result.

I went back to work after mine, did it on my lunch hour. Bring a pad for bleeding, but otherwise I was fine. Some cramping, but not bad. Honestly it was more emotionally tough than anything...my doctor had a lousy bedside manner and that kind of thing is always scary. But it was fine. Oh, and it came back normal. My body had fought off the HPV by the time we did the biopsy. And healed. all the cells were normal, after a pretty bad PAP result.

I went to work, too. :)

I'm bleeding, and crampy. It was painful, but not near when I had my IUD inserted. A bit more painful than having that IUD out.

I'm ok - now concerned with the results. My Dr. is awesome, and reported that "they" don't treat the HPV which could have been around for years. I'm thinking as far back as cheating xh.

I went to work, too. :)

I'm bleeding, and crampy. It was painful, but not near when I had my IUD inserted. A bit more painful than having that IUD out.

I'm ok - now concerned with the results. My Dr. is awesome, and reported that "they" don't treat the HPV which could have been around for years. I'm thinking as far back as cheating xh.

I'm glad you got through the procedure and at least that part is over!

How long will it be before you get the results? I hope they're quick about it! (I can't remember how long it took to get mine, so I'm no help at all.)

As far as the HPV goes, you could have gotten it from your ex, or you could have even gotten it from Adrian. It's not like a person has to be incredibly promiscuous to have contracted HPV, and it's not like either guy would have known he had it, so it probably doesn't even matter how you got it.

Whatever the case, I just hope this turns out to be no big deal. Try to keep remembering that statistically, the chances of it being cancer are quite small. But I remember knowing that while I was waiting for my biopsy results, and I seem to recall that it didn't help a bit, and I worried like crazy anyway. I hope you're better at not worrying than I am!

I'll keep praying for you, Joanne -- both for your good health and for you to be able to be calm while you're waiting for the results that will tell you there's nothing to worry about.

I'm always around if you need to talk -- just PM me any time. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: