Menu

9th grade plans..(tentative is fine-lol)

Here's our plan for the fall with my to-be 9th grader:

English - Smarr's Introduction to Literature

Math - Chalkdust Geometry

Science - Shepherd Biology

History - Runkle Geography

Art - Geography Through Art

Foreign Language - Visual Link Spanish I

Music - Piano Lessons (3rd Year)

Volunteer Service - Special Olympics Buddy - Swimming & Basketball

PE - Golf Lessons & Rounds with Dad

Social - Homeschool Co-op & Teen Group Socials

You may get more responses over on the high school board.

Plans for my 9th grader:

Geometry: AoPS

Physics: audit algebra based college class; Knight Jones Field as text

English/History: Ancients WTM style with lots of literature and TC courses, focus on military history

Italian I: Prego! An Invitation to Italian

Government: Hippocampus online course, textbook, original literature

Programming: Udacity intro to Comp Sci course, Python book

finish astronomy course we started this semester (Chaisson text, TC lectures)

Very tentative here!

MUS Algebra 1

English: Excellence in Literature: Intro to Lit, The Elegant Essay, some kind of grammar or review

Science: No idea. Probably Environmental or Earth & Space, but she's really dreading it.

History: Spielvogel World History/Western Civilization 1400-1800

OSU Spanish 1

Physical Education with Health

Piano & Music Theory

I can't believe I will have two in high school next year, yikes!

English:

World Mythology and Folklore

Write at Home High School Composition

CTY Crafting the Essay

Math:

AoPS Intermediate Algebra

Computer Science:

eIMACS University Computer Science II

Biology:

The Way Life Works and Campbell's Exploring Life

Labs: Landry Intensive plus County Park System High School Biology Labs for homeschoolers (I am so looking forward to farming these labs out!)

Latin:

Henle Latin with Memoria Press Online

History:

Ancient History

Labs: Landry Intensive plus County Park System High School Biology Labs for homeschoolers (I am so looking forward to farming these labs out!)

Snowbeltmom, is the County Park System High School Biology Labs for homeschoolers something available only in your area, or is it available to anyone? (I googled but had no luck.) Thanks in advance!

Snowbeltmom, is the County Park System High School Biology Labs for homeschoolers something available only in your area, or is it available to anyone? (I googled but had no luck.) Thanks in advance!

It is offered through my county park system. They have a number of sessions throughout the year. Each lab session lasts anywhere from 2 to 3 hours and only costs $8/session.

I just discovered this program last week. If you have a park system, you may want to see if they will provide something for the homeschoolers in your area.

It is offered through my county park system. They have a number of sessions throughout the year. Each lab session lasts anywhere from 2 to 3 hours and only costs $8/session.

I just discovered this program last week. If you have a park system, you may want to see if they will provide something for the homeschoolers in your area.

Thank you!

9th grade plan

History/ Language Arts/ Bible: Sonlight core 100

math LOF finish pre algebra and start algebra 1 (I just pulled him from PS 9 weeks into this school year when I placement tested him I had to start him in a 4th grade level math I'm still trying to get him caught up)

Science: Apoligia Physical Science

Foreign Language: Spanish through FL virtual school

I'm still really new at this stuff and I'm hoping 9th goes better than 8th grade has so far!

My dd started 9th grade 4 weeks ago. This is what she is doing:

Math: Saxon Algebra 1 (carried on from last year, so she will start Algebra 2 sometime during 9th)

LA: LLATL Gray, Abeka Grammar, Vocab from Robinson curriculum, Free essay writing 2x a week using vocab words.

History/Bible/Geography/Literature: Sonlight G/H. She began partway through Core G so is doing double schedule so that she has completed G and H by the end of 9th.

Literature: read an hour a day.

Science: Abeka 9, Matter and Energy.

Music: piano

Art: cardmaking - this involves drawing, designing etc and she loves it. She wants to start a home business selling cards so it's a good art related project for her.

PE: will be doing swimming

Hmm, well I've always found it exceptionally hard to plan for something 9 months to a year out with her. Nevertheless, some things are working well that I hope to continue into next year for 9th:

-math--combo of TT and BJU, which so far is working well and gets done.

-science--biology--combo of labs plus whatever filler to flesh them out. Right now, I'm thinking these labs are going to have a large exploration and collection flare to them. I have a pile of interesting trade books and essays on biology topics I plan to throw at her.

-logic--We started TL1 this semester, so I'm assuming we'll continue with that sequence. I got the James Madison critical thinking, not sure when we'll do that. We'll just work at it and keep going, working through materials.

-writing-WWS is working out well for us, so we'll continue with the sequence. I want to fiddle with the CW2 and 3 books with her if I have a chance.

-interesting reading--I break up curious books into chunks and assign them through the year, things that you might not necessarily sit down and read in one sitting but that make interesting breaks and add spice. This year she's been reading about opera, art, comparative religions, and cultural history. I'm collecting more books to chunk up like that, since it's been enjoyable to her.

-religion--want to see if I can step her up and do a survey of Bible doctrines book this coming year, also have her read through either the OT or NT several times (I think I planned NT?) using an electronic version of the Zondervan Bible Backgrounds books for, well, background. :)

-history--We've been using the BJU world history, so we'll continue until we finish that, then start american. I may throw Bennett's books into the chunked up weekly interesting reading and be done with it. I want her to read them, and it's a good time for it.

-literature--I can't say I have anything planned, and at the moment I'm not sure I'm going to. (just to be provocative, hehe)

-photography--hoping to make a syllabus for this. She's becoming more interested, so I might as well. She'll learn Lightroom, Photoshop, and shooting manual (if she can).

-foreign language--We may tackle this with an online class, or we may punt, haven't decided.

My main goal is to stay out of her way and not keep her from her learning by overscheduling.

And the people said: AMEN.

I've been freaking out quite a bit knowing that my oldest will be starting high school this fall. He has made it clear staying home is what he wants and that's ok, but I had to really get my act together and at least start thinking of what to use then.

This is what I've got so far.

Math: Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1 (this was the easy decision)

LA: I just started him on WWS1, so we'll continue that next year. He'll finish up AAS if we don't over the rest of this year and summer, I'm still deciding on what to use for Lit, I have to pick the books, but will most likely use the TTC method for discussing them. I may have him do one more year of grammar, but I have to see how he does with the rest of this year. I think it's finally sinking in.

Science: Undecided, I'm leaning toward Oak Meadow, but not sure yet

History: We'll cover either Modern Times with his younger sister (beefing it up for him if needed) or do World Geography

Foreign Language: First Form Latin (and hopefully at an accelerated pace so we can do at least half of Second Form Latin too) This is also up in the air. He wants to use Latin for his FL, but I don't have FFL in my hands to know if it's what we'll use.

That's all I got so far, not sure what else I'll add in.

This next year will be the first time that I hang up my hat as far as serious planning goes. We have had a rough year since mom has returned to school and will be starting a whole new career in August. I finally decided to simplify. There is a lot of great stuff out there, but I just want someone else to grade my dd's work and I want her to be more accountable.

We will probably go with Oak Meadow courses for at least language arts and history. Not sure yet about science and math. Not in love with the math text OM uses for algebra, so we might do that on our own.

Dd just started 8th so I have a bit...

Math: TT Algebra I

Lang Arts: Easy Grammar 9, Writing Strands, WTM Literature

Science: have no clue

History: have no clue

A computer course of some sort

Typing this out made me realize I need to get on the ball! :001_huh:

I may hang out with Judo Mom and company but if not ......

Writing: Classical Writing Diogenes Chreia & Herodotus

Literature: Omnibus

Math: Dolciani Modern Algebra

History: (not sure but will connect with Omnibus reading)

Science: Apologia Physical Science/Biology

Classical Languages: Henle I & II, Elementary Greek III

Modern Languages: New Chardenal French, OSU German & tutor, Irasshai Japanese (on her own time)

Creative: Piano

Sports: Yale Softball Academy (I think), Soccer

Of course it's early yet so changes are certainly possible.

It's so nice to see everyone's schedules! Thanks for starting this thread Lovethislife; it's started to motivate me to get planning. The earlier the better so I don't fall behind!

My plan is combo: hiding under a rock and trying CC's Challenge 2, without Latin and possibly without their math. There's a chance that an outside Spanish class will work out for him, otherwise he'll do Visual Link Spanish at home. Still have to decide what math we want to do at home. We considered other outsourcing options, but they were a poor fit for one reason or another.

I'm definitely loving the hide under a rock option. :) Everything is REALLY up in the air right now. I've got our summer courses mostly planned, but I need to wait for our co-op to come out with their course offerings for next year before I make any hard and fast decisions.

Bible (4 credits) - I'm thinking of outsourcing this to the co-op but haven't decided yet.

English/Writing/Language Arts/Literature (4 credits) - Analytical Grammar 2nd or 3rd season depending on whether we do season 2 over the summer. No idea what else yet.

ETA: Literature will be based on our geography curriculum, though I'm considering some sort of additional text that will systematically teach types of literature, literary analysis etc. For vocabulary Wordly Wise 3000 Book 9. For writing I'm strongly considering Write At Home Online or a co-op class depending on what they're offering.

Math (4 credits) - I'm not sure if we're going to go through Algebra 1 again or move on to Geometry. That's a decision we need to discuss further and decide on closer to the end of summer. I do think our co-op is moving from Teaching Textbooks to Saxon next year, so that may factor into our decision. We'll work on Algebra through the summer and reevaluate in July or August.

ETA: We'll start Saxon Algebra 1 in the summer and continue through the year at his own pace. At this point, since he actually did TT Algebra 1 this year, I'm undecided as to whether I'll have him do Geometry concurrently as well.

Social Studies (4 credits) - Oak Meadow World Geography. This is probably the one I'm most sure about since we do this completely at home and it isn't dependent on co-op offerings.

Science (4 credits) - Apologia Biology (assuming we complete Physical Science between April and September as planned)

Foreign Language (2 credits) - I'm thinking about BJU Spanish online.

Other

Physical Education (.5 credit) - Tang Soo Do (year-round), baseball (spring/fall), swimming (year-round)

Computer (.5 credit)

Fine Arts (.5 credit)

Health (.5 credit)

Drivers Ed (.25 credit)

Electives (2 credits)

I'm still waffling with a lot of ideas. I'm considering:

English: Magic Lens 1 and LLLOTR

Math: MUS Algebra 1

Science: Apologia Biology, Explore Evolution

History: Ancients...thinking of using Trisms as a guide

Foreign Language: No clue, she's completed Rosetta Stone 1 and 2 but nothing this year

Health/PE: Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology

Fine Arts: Art/Music in Trisms, Photography

Occupational Education: Consumer Math

Bible: Archaeological Bible OT

I've been thinking about it.

Math: TT Geometry

Science: Abeka Biology with outside lab (which uses Abeka so we will too)

English: finish WWS 2, Windows to the World and Teaching the Classics combo?, Phonetic Zoo Spelling

History: Notgrass American History

Foreign Language: Continue BJU Spanish 1

Bible: weekly church class

Electives: engineering group, chess club, computer programming classes, piano, tennis lessons once in a while?

My youngest will be in 9th next year. I'll try typing this out and see just how firm a plan I have :).

Geometry: MUS

LA: Excellence in Lit, Intro to Lit; WW9

US History Part 2: NROC w/A Narrative History of the US

Biology: DIVE w/ Miller Levine Biology

French 2: BTB French 2

Health: Oak Meadow

Personal Finance: Dave Ramsey

Competitive Gymnastics & Youth Worship Band

Our tentative plans for the first year of high school (yikes!):

My dd is a VSL (visual spatial learner for those who donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t know the acronym) and she has ADD. We are trying to streamline as much as possible so she can stay on track and not always fall behind in a course or twoĂ¢â‚¬Â¦ugh!

World Geography: undecided (something simple- preferably laugh.gif ) outsourcing! (didn't work- switched to Notgrass)

Science: DIVE Biology w/ kit (from Home Science Tools) and Internet textbook along with a couple of Biology high school textbooks for additional learning and perusing (Holt, Campbell, or Abeka etc.)

English: I need to solidify my Lit plan.. A Christmas Carol ,The Hobbit w/free lectures, Animal Farm, Diary of Anne Frank, To Kill a Mockingbird, (Frankenstein (which she will study again later) for free reading plus more free reading/undecided..lol) --read, discuss, writeĂ¢â‚¬Â¦use some lit guides as well. with the Art of the Personal Essay, might add Art of Poetry

Math: TT Alg 2/ LOF

Foreign Language: Latin Alive 2

Bible: Bible Mesh

Yoga, some tennis..Fencing

Thanks for posting!! It's nice to see what you are all planning to use.

Hey Lovethislife, did you see the why is my 9th grade going so badly this year thread on the hs board? A question for those who found 9th grade to be difficult or problematic You should go look at it. Jist is people realized they were going to have a lot more structure and a lot more clear, realistic expectations if they were going to get things done. You mentioned she falls behind on things, but then in your biology you list one complete program and multiple complete texts as resources. Now I KNOW you know you aren't going to use all of them, lol. However have you actually sat down and counted out the HOURS per week you plan to spend? Seriously, for that transcript you can show material covered (credits) or time spent (units). So the way NOT to fall behind with your SN/2E/pick a label dc is to use *units* and have them work consistently. Opens up all kinds of worlds for alternative studies, more out of the box options, etc. too. Mainly though, in your case, it gives you a way to be very realistic and concrete.

So for instance for biology for this coming year with my dd, I'm not trying to be impressive, only realistic. 36 weeks X 5 to 6 hours a week, that's the goal. That's 180 (or a bit more) hours. Some people say more, some people say less. Since we probably don't clock our "hours" to the minute and since the college doesn't care if you mean 45 min hours plus homework or 50 min without homework or whatever, just make it all work out. Anyways, for us I figure 8 weeks during the summer doing 2 hours a day. That's 80 hours. That leaves 100 hours the rest of the school year. That's 3 hours a week for 33 weeks which actually is pretty realistic for us to be able to accomplish. So then I know I have *3* hours a week to do of biology during the school year. So anything I assign goes through that filter of *can it get accomplished in 3 hours?* I'm still meeting reasonable requirements, because we put in the total time.

So whatever, that's just how I'm getting there with a similar situation. I'm actually counting out the time and doing reality checks. Oh, and that's not her interest subject. Maybe science is for your dc? History is my dd's thing, so she can have tons of that on the list and be happy. Then it's just whether the total hours per day matches something she can physically do. She just gets mentally worn out. You can do this same type of scheduling for lit, whatever else you want.

Happy scheduling. :)

This will be my second 9th grader, I will also have two highschoolers next year.

Math - Finish MUS Algebra 1 and then not sure if we'll repeat algebra or go on to Geometry

English - WWS2 or LToW

TOG Literature Ancients

Analytical Grammar (Season 2)

History/Bible - TOG Ancients

Science -Biology with labs at Co-op

Latin - Visual Latin 2

Logic - Art of Argument or DoD depending on what we finish this year

Electives - TOG subjects of ds's choice, and Co-op Elective Classes

English - Bravewriter Boomerang Book Club, KidsWrite Intermediate, and Expository Essay

Math - LoF Geometry with supplement (to be determined)

History - Community College (1 semester to be determined)

Science - Biology 1 with lab - Community College (opposite semester of history)

Spanish - Either OSU or Paso a Paso 2 with tutor

PE - Ballet and Dance

Fine Arts - Introduction to Fibers - Cobbled together group of classes, a book or two to read, a paper or two, and lots of projects

Home Ec - Culinary Concepts - Based on Girl Scouts Senior cooking badges and CookWise

English - Bravewriter Boomerang Book Club, KidsWrite Intermediate, and Expository Essay

Math - LoF Geometry with supplement (to be determined)

History - Community College (1 semester to be determined)

Science - Biology 1 with lab - Community College (opposite semester of history)

Spanish - Either OSU or Paso a Paso 2 with tutor

PE - Ballet and Dance

Fine Arts - Introduction to Fibers - Cobbled together group of classes, a book or two to read, a paper or two, and lots of projects

Home Ec - Culinary Concepts - Based on Girl Scouts Senior cooking badges and CookWise

I'd love to hear more about your Intro to Fibers plan... :)

Hey, I am following that thread..haha laugh.gif ..funny you should mention it! Yes, science is her thing; she enjoys browsing through science textbooks. Perhaps I shouldnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t have included those extra books in my list. I do not plan to schedule those books at allĂ¢â‚¬Â¦the only thing I am worried about her getting Ă¢â‚¬Å“doneĂ¢â‚¬ for biology would be the Dive cd, the labs and the internet textbook. The other books are for her free time, but I do know she will put them to good use.

I think we may do some type of "block" (okay, maybe it's not block scheduling, lol) scheduling next year..(and maybe the rest of this year, too!)
(say we do a half credit for Bible)..Mon-3hrs/Bio, 2hrs/ Eng, 1/2 Geo..Tues-3hrs/Latin, 2 hrs/Alg, 1/2 Geo..Wed-3 hrs/ Geo, 1.5 Bible, 1/2 English..Thurs- 2.5hrs English, 2hrs/Alg, 1hr/ Bio..Fr- 1hr/Alg, 2hrs/Latin, 1/Geo, 1hr/Bible..Sat- 1/Bio
whew! (I hope I did that right..lol)..or something similar to thatĂ¢â‚¬Â¦she works best on one thing at a time and doesnĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t like to be interrupted very often.

But thanks for your explanation there about the hours during the summer, "units", etc. Good idea! I'll have to think about it some more..see if I can lighten her schedule at all...Too bad she is already behind this year, LOL. So, I doubt I will start too many things this summer. Perhaps I can start with Lit though..hmmĂ¢â‚¬Â¦Yes, I am trying to be very Ă¢â‚¬Å“lightĂ¢â‚¬ with her workload next year. Not that she canĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t handle things or understand them, but much like your daughter(I think, lol); if she is not into the subject she checks out, and it will be very hard to get it all done.

Thanks for the input.
thumbup.gif

Hey Lovethislife, did you see the why is my 9th grade going so badly this year thread on the hs board? A question for those who found 9th grade to be difficult or problematic You should go look at it. .So for instance for biology for this coming year with my dd, I'm not trying to be impressive, only realistic. 36 weeks X 5 to 6 hours a week, that's the goal. That's 180 (or a bit more) hours. Some people say more, some people say less. Since we probably don't clock our "hours" to the minute and since the college doesn't care if you mean 45 min hours plus homework or 50 min without homework or whatever, just make it all work out. Anyways, for us I figure 8 weeks during the summer doing 2 hours a day. That's 80 hours. That leaves 100 hours the rest of the school year. That's 3 hours a week for 33 weeks which actually is pretty realistic for us to be able to accomplish. So then I know I have *3* hours a week to do of biology during the school year. So anything I assign goes through that filter of *can it get accomplished in 3 hours?* I'm still meeting reasonable requirements, because we put in the total time.

So whatever, that's just how I'm getting there with a similar situation. I'm actually counting out the time and doing reality checks. Oh, and that's not her interest subject. Maybe science is for your dc? History is my dd's thing, so she can have tons of that on the list and be happy. Then it's just whether the total hours per day matches something she can physically do. She just gets mentally worn out. You can do this same type of scheduling for lit, whatever else you want.

Happy scheduling. smile.gif

One of the local highschools had a Textiles and Fibers class that really caught dd's eye. I sew/knit/crochet and could figure out tie-dyeing and batik; however, I am not as accountable nor do I hold her as accountable as she would like. She is also beginning to want to learn thing out of the house. My thought is that I will tap into the classes at the various fabric/quilt/yarn/craft shops in the area and schedule classes in knitting and/or crocheting, tie-dyeing, batik, weaving, and sewing. I will require that she do a follow-up project after some but not all of the classes. It is her plan to also have an on-going sewing project. I am also going to have her combine tie-dying and/or batik with sewing for a final project. I think that I am going to have her read a fiction and a non-fiction book (or 2) on textile related topics and then write a short research paper on one technique.As I flesh this out and the remainder of her year we will determine whether it is 1/2 or 1 credit.

One of the local highschools had a Textiles and Fibers class that really caught dd's eye. I sew/knit/crochet and could figure out tie-dyeing and batik; however, I am not as accountable nor do I hold her as accountable as she would like. She is also beginning to want to learn thing out of the house. My thought is that I will tap into the classes at the various fabric/quilt/yarn/craft shops in the area and schedule classes in knitting and/or crocheting, tie-dyeing, batik, weaving, and sewing. I will require that she do a follow-up project after some but not all of the classes. It is her plan to also have an on-going sewing project. I am also going to have her combine tie-dying and/or batik with sewing for a final project. I think that I am going to have her read a fiction and a non-fiction book (or 2) on textile related topics and then write a short research paper on one technique.As I flesh this out and the remainder of her year we will determine whether it is 1/2 or 1 credit.

I've been researching photography classes at high schools (just using what I can find online), and what's interesting to me is how they pair simple stepped tasks, as in a new technique, with something creative to output it. It's what to me seems the step between learning a skill and being artistic with a skill, if that makes sense. I'm not sure I'm so terribly artistic inherently, so I admire the way they can bring that out. Anyways, have you seen the Dick Blick lesson plans? They're free, and some have videos. They might give you some ideas. http://www.dickblick...line/fiber-art/ A teacher locally uses them for her high school co-op art classes.

Thought I'd come in to update.

First off I'm so envious of all of you that can have your kids take some classes (like art or music) at a local school. Here in our state each district gets to decide if they want to allow homeschoolers access to classes and unfortunately our district is a "We don't serve your kind" kind of district.

I've been on the hunt for mostly science and foreign language and trying to finalize my LA plans.

This is where we stand now.

Math: Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1

LA:

Composition will be WWS

Spelling: Finish up AAS

• Literature: Teaching the Classics using the following books which I got from the Reading Roadmaps book that center for lit puts out.
  • Fishing in the Air
  • Owl Moon
  • All Places to Love
  • St. George and the Dragon
  • The Aeneid
  • Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
  • Don Quixote (abridged) or may use The Three Musketeers instead
  • The Merchant of Venice
  • Frankenstein
  • The Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
  • Chosen
  • Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

The first 4 books are picture books and are used to get them into the groove of how TTC works when studying books. I still may adjust the titles listed, or I may change all together to Literary Lessons from LotR.

Science: Intro to Physics and Chemistry from Kolbe (used secularly by skipping the religious content in the TM)

History: Modern Times using SOTW with other things to beef it up.

Foreign Language: I ended up changing my mind of First Form/Second Form Latin and will be using Latin Alive! 1.

Not sure on any electives yet, I may throw geography in as an elective, or some sort of artist or composer study as an elective.

Nuke's wife: Are you using PH's Physical Science Concepts in Action (Kolbe)? If so, I don't remember any religious content in the TM.

Laura

That's my plan Laura, I didn't see any in the samples, but figured if it was in the plans it would be listed like in the bio sample and looks easy enough to just skip.

• 3 weeks later...

This is very tentative......

English -Hoping to farm out both literature and composition -if not we may do IEW and then expand with spark notes on the books we read in our book club (a good mix of classics and new future classics)

Geometry -if I farm out, it will likely be Teaching Textbooks -otherwise LOF and Khan Academy (unless we feel she needs to do Algebra 1 again!)

US History -Farmed out -I think they use Speigval?

Biology -Apologia (out)

PE/Health -Pretty much a gimme here as she regularly works out and has health discussion -but I am requiring her read Primal BluePrint or Thin Healthy Mama.

Electives-Music Performance, Equestrian Studies, and Cinematography

Extracurriculars -Girl Scouts, American Heritage Scouts and Dance/Company, Dance assistant, Book Club (if we don't use it for English) and Volunteer work

I recently posted out 9th grade plan in another thread, but I'll post it here as well. :-)

English: WWS, Vocabulary from the Classical Roots

Great Books: outsourced with Escondido Tutorial Service; this covers literature but also a lot of history, civics, economics etc. over the years.

German: OSU online

History: focus on Modern History (Civil War and Word War I and II from American Perspective with Coop; fill in the rest at home)

Science: undecided

Electives: more or less whatever he wants; it'll vary from art to computer programming

PE: Swim

OOPS. I forgot about Math. So I'll add it now.

Math: Community College classes all the way through.

Here is our tenative plan:

Math- Alg. 1 (MUS)??

English-

Writing

Lit-.....these might be all tied together in an online program. I haven't completely decided on this yet.

History- US History using the History of US as spine through a local co-op

Science- Apologia Biology w/lab through a local co-op

Foreign lang.- He wants to take German...undecided

Music- Piano lessons- 6th yr

That's as far as I've gotten.... sigh!

I can't believe youngest child will be in high school next year. Time sure does fly.

English:

Rod & Staff 9, Well Educated Mind, Finish Omnibus I

Math:

Saxon Algebra 2

History:

Traditions & Encounters

Science:

BJU Biology with DIVE

Foreign Language:

Visual Link & Homeschool Spanish Academy

Electives:

Physical Education - Personal Fitness

Speech - Dale Carnegie books/oratorical contest

Accounting - Rod & Staff

For most subjects, I've narrowed it down to two options...can't believe how undecided I still am.

History: Spielvogel or Notgrass for Ancients (dd loathes history, particularly ancients, so trying to decide on least painful option)

Biology: Shepherd or Apologia (I would prefer Shepherd but dd is highly motivated by live classes and she could do Apologia with a co-op). She is already signed up for Landry Biology Intensive.

Geometry: most likely TT

Literature and Composition: WTM guidelines alternating with Art of Poetry (dd and I are loving this book)

Spanish: La Clase Divertida high school online class or other online option

---finish Elem. Greek 3, maybe start Traditional Logic

---violin, string ensemble, Special Olympics buddy for swimming and basketball, horses

Carolyn