Menu

Amazon Prime "2 day shipping"

Monarch Room

I've been a Prime member for 2 years now. It seemed at first that their 2 day shipping really was 2 day shipping. Now it seems more like 4-6 day shipping. Sometimes I might get something the very next day, and sometimes a week. It just seems so inconsistent. I used to be able to rely on it. Is anyone else experiencing slow ship times? It wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't paying extra for it.

Are you sure the package was actually Prime? if so, contact Amazon and they will make it good for you.

There are also delays if the item is not in stock, and weekend days don't count against the two days.

I have noticed issues with 2 day lately. I ordered something Prime and it was 3 days to delivery. I had another item email to say it would be late. And I know that if I order on Wedneday...it's not coming until Monday. Not sure why, but it's always Monday. And everytime I order on Wed now I kick myself lol. I liked the 2 day shipping, but I agree it's not like it used to be. I also noticed Prime shipped from someone other than Amazon is never 2 days....

I have noticed issues with 2 day lately. I ordered something Prime and it was 3 days to delivery. I had another item email to say it would be late. And I know that if I order on Wedneday...it's not coming until Monday. Not sure why, but it's always Monday. And everytime I order on Wed now I kick myself lol. I liked the 2 day shipping, but I agree it's not like it used to be. I also noticed Prime shipped from someone other than Amazon is never 2 days....

Maybe there's a geographical factor? If I order by 3ish on Wednesday, I reliably get Friday delivery. This is something I test relatively often, because I usually forget to order a birthday present for a Saturday birthday until early Wednesday afternoon. Neither have I had problems with the "Fulfilled by Amazon" orders.

I've never gotten an email that said it would be delayed. Hmm... None of the stuff I ordered recently was needed in 2 days, but sometimes I do need things quickly. I wish I could rely on it, but I can't anymore :( I often buy last minute presents, but now I might instead run to the store instead of risking it.

It's always taken about 3 days here because we live so far out in the middle of nowhere, but I ordered 2 books on Prime earlier this week that aren't scheduled to arrive until Monday. That feels long to me, but my ds ordered 2 items this week that really are supposed to be here in 2 days, so I guess it just depends.

Yup, just had this happen to me. I ordered something Tuesday night and it didn't get shipped until Wednesday night so I'm not getting it until Friday. That's three days and typical of what's been happening lately with Prime. I used to get stuff so quickly and it's not been happening lately.

For me, it varies according to the time. So something ordered late on Tuesday night is past the cutoff of Tuesday counting as a day, and becomes part of Wednesday's orders.

Online payments to various places often work the same way -- their deadline for counting that "day" is earlier than midnight. I have to pay my charge bill by 8pm EST -- after that it counts as the next day. And we had to change our college info on the ACT website by noon CST for it to count as being done today -- I tried it at 1:30pm once, and I was out of luck because the deadline was earlier in the day than I realized.

OTOH, our library counts everything until they open the next day as happening yesterday, so you can drop things off in the drop box at 7am the day after they're due and still not have them count as overdue. Their computer system works that way, too, so you can do online renewals until about 9am. It's probably sad that I know how to avoid an overdue with minutes to spare.

I think wonky shipping times would be fine if they didn't call it 2 day shipping. One of the benefits is not having to reach the $25 limit. That of course is still nice. I guess they spoiled me. I live in Kansas City, btw. It's not New York, but it's not a small rural town either.

I don't have prime, but I'm in the same area as you. For non-prime, I notice a difference depending upon where items are shipping. Historically I have better service from one warehouse. Also it's longer if I order things that are stocked in different places, mainly used books being sold by Amazon.

Also you used to be able to mark "ship items as they are available" on prime orders without additional expense.

I get most of my non-prime orders within a week, a little longer if I order late Friday or over the weekend.

I've been a prime member for a few years and have only had things w/ 2 day shipping take longer 2-3 times. They never send me an explanation or apology. If it happened more often, I would be seriously annoyed since it isn't cheap! I haven't complained about the times things did take longer because it is rare. We live in a very rural area and I'm surprised at how quickly they can get things to us.

I live in a rural area and always get things in the 2 days, and sometimes in only 1 day. However, some things, even when they are marked Prime, will have a little tiny note on the page saying something like, "ships in 4-6 days," or even weeks. Guess the only thing "prime" about it is that the shipping is free.

The thing I am finding very annoying is that many things I have ordered regularly in the past that were Prime are now "add on" items. Even things that cost 8-10 dollars. Mostly vitamins and supplements. That is one way I was getting my money's worth out of Prime - being able to order one bottle of whatever I needed whenever I needed it. If they keep it up, I am going to be dropping it.

We are in such a rural area that we don't even have regular door-to-door mail delivery in town—you have to get a PO box or pay extra for rural route delivery. I still get almost everything I order with Prime in two days with a few recent exceptions that may be due to bad weather somewhere along the route.

I usually get things next day even if I didn't pay extra for it. But lately, for the first time ever, I've had a few things take more than two days. There have been a lot of tweaks to Prime and Subscribe and Save lately. And the new "add-on" items are touted as this huge benefit that now they can offer all these "cheap" things but I think it's mostly just a way to not pay to ship every little thing.

I order probably 15-20 packages a month on Amazon Prime, lol.

I'm in the boonies of WV. Not complete boonies, mind you, but not in a city, either.

IME, I'd say they are within the 2 day window 98% of the time, so long as I:

1) order early in the day (before 4 PM or so), otherwise it might cost me a day -- not all the time, but occasionally

2) Order Sun-Wed! Don't go over a weekend and expect it to be fast. They don't count Sat or Sun, so if you order Thurs, you won't get it until Monday, IME. And, if you order Fri, it's gonna' be Tuesday . . . If you order Sat or Sun, then I guess you're usually looking at Wed delivery.

I loooove Amazon Prime!

HTH

Wow, I've always gotten everything within two days. Sometimes overnight. Maybe it depends on where you live.

:iagree: In 3 years I've only had one package not arrive in 2 days and that was a lost package, they sent me a new one.

Yup, just had this happen to me. I ordered something Tuesday night and it didn't get shipped until Wednesday night so I'm not getting it until Friday. That's three days and typical of what's been happening lately with Prime. I used to get stuff so quickly and it's not been happening lately.

For me, it varies according to the time. So something ordered late on Tuesday night is past the cutoff of Tuesday counting as a day, and becomes part of Wednesday's orders.

I agree. I always look when I'm placing an order later in the day to if it will be in that day's orders or the next day.

Two-day shipping doesn't account for pulling and packing the order though, does it? I always figure a day for them to get my order ready to ship and then two days for shipping, thus three days total.

Yes, it does. When I click on an item, it will say "order by x time to get it <day after tomorrow>, or select next day ($3.99) to get it <tomorrow>" or along those lines.

I've had, perhaps, one issue with not getting my stuff in the 2-day timeframe since Prime came about. I can't remember what customer service did about it (obviously not refund shipping, like they did the single time I did the next day and it came 3 days later), but they did do something*.

*UPS does not guarantee delivery times, including overnight, from some point in November, until January. No, they don't publicize it. I discovered this when trying to track a business shipment that was holding up a customer's production line years ago.

Two-day shipping doesn't account for pulling and packing the order though, does it? I always figure a day for them to get my order ready to ship and then two days for shipping, thus three days total.

No, Though sometimes "an additional x to y days for processing" is indicated on the item's page underneath the price, where the in stock/items left information is.

generally prime arrives in two days (or less). Only rarely does it arrive in three days (or more.)

it could also be where you live (re: very rural)., or who fullfilled the order - and 3rd party may not ship prime, but it should state that with the item so you know before purchase. what time of day the order was placed affects what "days" are counted.

and yeah, if your orders are routinely taking longer than two days - contact amazon and let them know. also let them know what you want them to do about it. refund, fix-it, etc.

Yes, but it didn't get shipped until Wednesday night. 24hours after I ordered it. So it didn't make it to the ups hub until today. I figured it would've gone out with Wednesday orders, but it didn't. People who ordered on Wednesday before 4 would've gotten shipped Wednesday night with delivery on Thursday. That's how my orders used to be, but not so much now. And it's amazon most of the time that causes delays, rarely UPS. Unless they use FedEx and then it's always late.

If, when you ordered a certain day's delivery was indicated and isn't met, I would call every single time (barring weather events). You're paying for the service, so you should get the benefit.

Sometimes the tracking information is erroneous. I had a Dutch oven delivered this week that took over 24 hours to show up as other than "shipping information received" and delivery type was "ground." However, this was upgraded/corrected as soon as the package was received, and I received the item in the 2-day window, "rescheduled for early delivery."

I tried to politely restrain myself from posting on this thread about a few recent "oops" late deliveries from Amazon, but now I'm MAD! I ordered two items on Thursday -- a DVD and some dog food. Haven't received a shipping notice for either one, so I just went into my account. The DVD will be here on February 21st -- next Thursday -- and the dog food will be here on March 11th. There's no explanation of why -- in fact, both items are shown as being in stock.

I've never had this kind of poor service before with Amazon until very recently. They used to be good about letting customers know if there was going to be a delay with an order. Now -- you just have to wait and wonder.

My poor dog -- his food supply is getting very low. Can he hold out until March 11th?

I tried to politely restrain myself from posting on this thread about a few recent "oops" late deliveries from Amazon, but now I'm MAD! I ordered two items on Thursday -- a DVD and some dog food. Haven't received a shipping notice for either one, so I just went into my account. The DVD will be here on February 21st -- next Thursday -- and the dog food will be here on March 11th. There's no explanation of why -- in fact, both items are shown as being in stock.

I've never had this kind of poor service before with Amazon until very recently. They used to be good about letting customers know if there was going to be a delay with an order. Now -- you just have to wait and wonder.

My poor dog -- his food supply is getting very low. Can he hold out until March 11th?

Why don't you have their customer service call you?

Choose Contact Us under General Support.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=518316

Sometimes the tracking information is erroneous. I had a Dutch oven delivered this week that took over 24 hours to show up as other than "shipping information received" and delivery type was "ground." However, this was upgraded/corrected as soon as the package was received, and I received the item in the 2-day window, "rescheduled for early delivery."

I have received items that STILL say " preparing for shipping". ;giggle/snort; (usually, those are updated after they are delivered.) alot of the tracking info depends upon how good the shippers are at updating.

I had a backordered item that was ordered for christmas. I hoped it would arrive for dd's bd in jan. I got a "you should recieve by feb 21". it came in time for her birthday the beginning of jan. I think they gave a date so far out because they wanted to make sure to give a doable arrive by date.

I have some sub-save items that give ship/arrive dates of feb 26. they shipped earlier than that and I already have them.

There are also delays if the item is not in stock, and weekend days don't count against the two days.

How long has this been the case? I recently had an issue with Prime delayed and the notice stated that Saturday was not a Prime shipping day unless I paid extra for it. I have never received a message like that before. It left me wondering whether I just never ordered on a Thursday, or if there had been a recent change in policy.

How long has this been the case? I recently had an issue with Prime delayed and the notice stated that Saturday was not a Prime shipping day unless I paid extra for it. I have never received a message like that before. It left me wondering whether I just never ordered on a Thursday, or if there had been a recent change in policy.

We still sometimes get a delivery on Saturday (not UPS), but this was done away with as a matter of course quite awhile ago, IIRC.

They're building a warehouse in NJ, and soon I'm pretty sure I'll be able to hit purchase and then go walk to the front door and it will be there.

I will LURVE that day.

LOL, I don't have Prime, and I have noticed that their regular free super saver shipping is definitely getting slower, but there's a warehouse not too far from us, and once, I ordered an item in the evening, and something like 10 hours later, it was on my doorstep. Wish they were all like that! I have an order of three items, all listed as in stock, all qualifying for free super saver shipping, which I placed on February 10 -- it has not yet shipped. :(

The only time I get something in two days is if I order on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday morning. The other five and a half days of the week it's definitely not two days and never has been. But I'm used to it, and it hasn't stopped me from keeping Prime and ordering from Amazon ten or more times/month.

I can only think of one time in the past couple of years when something arrived late. And I do offer once or twice a week.

We've had packages lost, or not show up for weeks after a replacement has been sent. Always packages sent via Ontrac.