Menu

So what kind of snacks and goodies are you having tonight?

calledtobehome

Dh and I will be home with the kids, so there are 6 of us. We end up with a lot, because dd17 is a vegetarian, so I feel the need to add on a variety so she doesn't feel left out from the rest of us carnivores! :laugh:

We'll have sausage/cheese balls, proscuitto and mozzarella roll, some boneless buffalo chicken thingies, dry salami, cheese tray made from all the leftover cheeses from Christmas, potato skins (ds19 insists on these), jalapeno poppers, and mozzarella sticks. I do have some wine, and we have a sparkling cider for the kids.

Tomorrow I'll make a breakfast casserole and biscuits and gravy. Then we'll have the traditional collard greens and black-eyed peas (for those of us that will eat it). I've even found a decent recipe for the greens that doesn't use any meat. I hope dd17 appreciates how much I love her, LOL. I've also picked up sandwich fixings for those that aren't wanting the traditional meal.

I have a couple of frozen pies (cherry and apple), so I'll probably bake those this evening for our dessert tonight and tomorrow.

Yummm...I love holiday times and all the special food! Which reminds me...diet to begin after New Year's Day! :laugh:

For dinner we're having regular and chickpea tofu, some fried and some baked, with lots of different dipping sauces and a couple of Burmese salads and salsas. Later we'll have Chex Mix, peanut brittle, crackers with some sort of dip made from cream cheese, and maybe some cookies.

Nothing too fancy tonight -- our usual snack-night food for New Year's, Super Bowl and other such things.

Sushi

Shrimp ring

Fruit and/or veggie selection

Onion dip / potato chips

Guacamole/ tortillas

Cheese/sausage tray

Cookie tray

Maybe smoked salmon on baguette

Maybe some kind of hot appetizer out of the freezer, like potato skins or spanakopitas

We're staying home to watch our beloved Clemson Tigers hopefully not lose to the more ferocious LSU Tigers. We have a sort of hodge podge going on for food.

-buffalo chicken soup in the crockpot. (leftover spaghetti and meat sauce for my son who claims to hate cheese)

-hearts of palm dip

-pimento dip w/ crackers

-shrimp cocktail

-veggie tray

Beer for watching the game, and champagne for midnight.

teriyaki wings

artichoke and jalapeno dip

blue crab dip

sour cream and onion dip

crackers and potato chips for the dips

pigs in the blanket

nachos with cheese, guacamole

cheesecake

chocolates - all kinds

sparkling grape juice, sodas

Nothing, other than some banana bread and half a litre of wine in the fridge. Gave the kids a piece of peppermint bark before sending them if to brush their teeth. I'll wake them up just before midnight so they can watch the polar clock on my phone turn over (a weird New Year's Eve tradition of ours). We're having people over tomorrow and don't want to risk having sleep deprived kids.