Menu

Netflix streaming. What are you watching now?

Shellydon

Dh and I are working our way through Numb3rs, Midsommer Murders, and Murdoch Mysteries. Ds will sometimes join us for Numb3rs. We loved Psych!

We got caught up on Burn Notice and now buy the current season from Amazon Instant Video. We did the same thing with The Walking Dead.

On my own, I've been watching Supernatural (ds is up to the current season but I'm not), 30 Rock, and Hot in Cleveland. When I'm feeling bored, nostalgic, or just need a Joss Whedon fix I watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

We just finished Doc Martin and are currently between shows. Our background or watch over and over shows are Parks & Rec, 30 Rock, and Better Off Ted. There are several shows we want to watch, but are having troubles because they are too heavy and we usually like something with a little lighter edge to it during most of our tv viewing times. Examples of these are Prison Break and Friday Night Lights.

The littles watch Blues Clues, Curious George, Sean the Sheep, Timmy Time, Wallace and Gromit, and Mythbusters.

Did they add the early seasons back to streaming for Midsommer Murders? I was on season 4 when suddenly I could only get season 11 and later. :glare:

Yes! I wonder what that was.

Midsomer Murders, Prime Suspect, Black Books, Doc Martin, Bones, Burn Notice... My kids are watching Merlin as I type.

Rewatching Cracker (UK, not US). Love, love, love Robbie Coltrane. For anyone who's seen both Cracker and Prime Suspect, there's a great mash up done for Red Nose Day about three years ago called Prime Cracker, available on YouTube.

Did they add the early seasons back to streaming for Midsommer Murders? I was on season 4 when suddenly I could only get season 11 and later. :glare:

Yes, they're back. That was weird though.

I've been watching Bones and Lie to Me.

I've been watching Lie to Me. Ugly Betty is another one that's pretty good.

We watched Battlestar Galactica a year or so ago, and Breaking Bad was excellent. We're watching Doc Martin off and on- my parents started me on that and it's grown on me. Also Malcolm in the Middle. Hilarious, and interesting to see Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad guy) in such a different role.

Finishing up Heroes. I have 2 episodes left. I've been dragging my feet because I know the series didn't end; they just cancelled the show.

Ds12 and I started watching Psych. We watched the first episode and loved it. Can't wait to watch more.

At some point I want to see what all the buzz is about with Dr. Who and Downtown Abbey.

Dd and I are almost done with LOST. We are on the last season and will be looking for something else.

We watched OUAT last summer in prep for the new season.

I'm thinking Dr. Who might be fun, but I have never seen any, so I don't know where to start.

Start when the series came out new in 2005. Don't got back to the old stuff from the 70s and 80s. We watched it new back then and I don't like it now. The new stuff is great.

The only series we have going is Mythbusters. We've been trying to watch more movies because we can't find decent shows we like. We're currently in the middle of The Color of Magic, a 2-part movie based on Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.

I used to watch a lot of BBC sitcoms but they aren't available as streaming anymore. Bums me out. So I've been buying the complete DVD series so I can have them available whenever I want them.

I just finished the series called "The Gifted Man" - there were a few episodes in the short season that had me crying like a two year old for a ba bah. Terribly brilliant and shocking.

I'm trying to watch *alone* the series called Hell on Wheels. It's a little intense for me, reminds me of The Robe in some ways because the period/era grittiness is so palpable. I can only make it through about ten minutes at a time, it's visually just too much sometimes.