Menu

Why did so many of you change your names, I am confused and overchanged as it is!

ElizabethB

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did they? I was wondering where some have gone and why there were so many newbies

There are several people lately with 500 - 1000+ posts that have changed their names that I just noticed the changes within the last few days. If you click on the name then name change history or something like that, you can find out who they used to be, but is is still mildly annoying.

I am one of those. I was intending on changing my name for awhile, but I didn't get around to it until recently. My reason? Well, when I joined I had been a lurker for a few years, but wanted the ease of searching the forums that came with being signed in. I didn't expect I would come out of lurkdom and, so, wasn't very creative with my name.

I'm still me.

Honestly, even if I *did* change my nic, I don't think ppl would actually notice. They'd read my replies, "Oh, Imp's saying..." and a new name change wouldn't get noticed.

Unless it was a thread I started. That could mess some ppl up. :tongue_smilie:

All you have to do is get rid of the bold font and no one will ever know it's you. ;)

But...but...but...I can't help living BOLDLY!

I tried. Ppl told me I was going on their ignore list for being bold.

I decided...too bad for them. :tongue_smilie:

Really? People were going to put you on ignore because of the font you used? :eek:

I remember a few people complaining about it in a thread a while back, but I didn't think they were serious.

Wow. :glare:

I am one of those. I was intending on changing my name for awhile, but I didn't get around to it until recently. My reason? Well, when I joined I had been a lurker for a few years, but wanted the ease of searching the forums that came with being signed in. I didn't expect I would come out of lurkdom and, so, wasn't very creative with my name.

OK, I forgive you, LOL. That's a good reason and it's close to your old name.

All you have to do is get rid of the bold font and no one will ever know it's you. ;)

Yes, this.

Really? People were going to put you on ignore because of the font you used? :eek:

I remember a few people complaining about it in a thread a while back, but I didn't think they were serious.

Wow. :glare:

Yes, Ma'am, ppl *have* me on ignore over it.

Oh well. I figure they've missed some giggles cause of it, cause I can be funny, dang it!

Personally, I could never put you on Ignore because I'd miss your avatar too much. :001_wub:

Awwwwwwwww! That was one of those 'once in a lifetime' shots. It's Princess as a baby...she crawled up to me, pulled into a stand, and I snapped the pic. Totally didn't know what I had until I checked the camera, LOL

I changed my name! I kept my avatar and siggy. Can you guess who I was? (Probably not. I wasn't that noticeable)

I did not guess, I looked you up when I noticed! It made sense after the fact. (I noticed a bit before this post.)

You are noticeable! Especially your old name was, it will take me a while to get used to the new one. So much change, sigh....

Hmmm perhaps I should change my name.............nah I might lose my popularity *snort*

But really wasn't that creative or sly when I came up with my name *sigh* live and learn.

No, don't do it, I can't take more change. If you must, wait a month or two until I am used to all the other changes. I like your name, anyway, and the avatar.

Can we change our name but keep our post count? I lived in NC for exactly one year of my whole life but it happened to be the year they switched the board to the old new format and I had to stick with a name. So stupid me picked Heather in NC. Then I moved 6 months later. Ugh. But I won't change it because I don't want to be a newbie again. Silly, I know.

But I will change it if I can keep my post count.

Can we change our name but keep our post count? I lived in NC for exactly one year of my whole life but it happened to be the year they switched the board to the old new format and I had to stick with a name. So stupid me picked Heather in NC. Then I moved 6 months later. Ugh. But I won't change it because I don't want to be a newbie again. Silly, I know.

You keep your post count.

Yup, it stays.

I changed my name - just didn't want my actual name showing up. I left it in my siggie line, though, so there goes the whole, "Hey, let's be a little more anonymous on the internet" theory.

And just ftr, I haven't ever gotten chocolate for playing bassoon. Someone canceled a gig on me this week, and sent me a $100 gift card to Wal-Mart to make up for it. That works :D

Sorry to add to the confusion. While our good moderaters were preparing the new boards, I was preparing to take a stalker with an interest in underage girls to court. It all turned out well, but since he dug up everything he could about our family off the internet, I thought it prudent to switch to a less searchable name. I didn't expect the change to coincide with lots of other name changes.

But my new name is much more awesome and literarily referential. :D

Guilty of changing. But being a virtual unknown here I don't think it will confuse anyone. :lol:

I was stumped when I joined and just put in any name but I really never liked it.

My new name is a variation of my usual online name. Makes me feel like myself again :thumbup1: . It also let me put up my avatar. I could never find one I liked for my original name and this one just feels like me.

Awwwwwwwww! That was one of those 'once in a lifetime' shots. It's Princess as a baby...she crawled up to me, pulled into a stand, and I snapped the pic. Totally didn't know what I had until I checked the camera, LOL

Thanks for sharing, I always wondered the story behing that pic!

Because I could do it myself. I have wanted to since almost the first day but didn't want to lose my post count. Now I feel like I can have a siggy etc. I even have an avitar--I felt like I was in witness protection!

Can this still be done by yourself? Or was there a limited time for name changing. I really want to change my name.

I changed my name back and glad I could. This is the name I used on the old old board and until last spring when I was paranoid (well, is it really paranoid when some crazy woman really *does* have it out for you?). I kinda thought my change wouldn't be so problematic though since it was the name I used so long prior.