Menu

We're rich!!!

Our money problems are over. Dh just received the following e-mail:

United Nations Humanitarian Awards Center.

United Nations Plaza,

First Avenue at 46th Street

Manhattan – NY

10017 USA.

Attached is the UN OFFICIAL NOTICE LETTER on you been successfully picked for** this year Humanitarian Award of Six Hundred Thousand United States

Dollar Only ($600,000.00USD),Please View attachment and follow the instructions Accordingly.

Congratulations!! once again.

-----------

The attached letter was on OFFICIAL United Nations letterhead, so we know it's genuine. Now all we need to do is send some information to the UN claims agent in Nigeria, and start spending.

What should we get with our $600,000?

Our money problems are over. Dh just received the following e-mail:

United Nations Plaza,

First Avenue at 46th Street

Manhattan – NY

10017 USA.

Attached is the UN OFFICIAL NOTICE LETTER on you been successfully picked for** this year Humanitarian Award of Six Hundred Thousand United States

Dollar Only ($600,000.00USD),Please View attachment and follow the instructions Accordingly.

Congratulations!! once again.

-----------

The attached letter was on OFFICIAL United Nations letterhead, so we know it's genuine. Now all we need to do is send some information to the UN claims agent in Nigeria, and start spending.

What should we get with our $600,000?

Humanitarian award--wow, you must've married a gem :D

You guys are SOOOOO lucky!

I think you should take the whole Hive on a vacation to Disney World!

Yay! I'm gonna start packing my bags right now!

I vote for this!!! :D

Man, maybe I shouldn't have deleted all of those e-mails over the years...we could be billionaires by now! :lol:

Sadly for us, we just recently received an email from a hit man hired to kill DH. The hit man felt that DH didn't deserve to die, and was willing to call off the hit if we paid $20K to him.

I told DH I am sure the funeral service will be lovely.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hit men can be so greedy. :glare:

Don't forget to tell us where to send the flowers! :D

I was thinking a trip for the whole Hive to Nigeria. It seems like such a friendly, generous place.

:lol:

Sharon - You've always been my favorite WTM friend. You are witty and beautiful and chaming and funny. By the way, would you like DD to send you her Christmas list or do you want to just surprise her? :D

If I happen to win millions then I'm going to setup a WTM clubhouse and it'll look similar to this except with more books and lots of tea available:

74239093827541264_WLRkMrTm_c.jpg

Can't you picture all of us sitting around there telling stories and reading and sharing recipes.

Edited by aggieamy

If I happen to win millions then I'm going to setup a WTM clubhouse and it'll look similar to this except with more books and lots of tea available:

Can't you picture all of us sitting around there telling stories and reading and sharing recipes.

What a waste of wall space with the windows & art. Those square feet could be bookshelves! :D

Sharon - You've always been my favorite WTM friend. You are witty and beautiful and chaming and funny. By the way, would you like DD to send you her Christmas list or do you want to just surprise her? :D

I'm with you--especially since you didn't capitalize any of the letters in tea!

:D

It's funny, but it's also scary that they keep doing this, because it must be actually working on some people. :001_huh:

It totally does. My DH sells real estate, and he and his partner had someone coming in (repeatedly) trying to buy a house based on the fact that he was soon to receive hundreds of thousands of dollars from a friend he was helping in Nigeria :( He got very upset when DH and his partner sat him down and tried to explain the scam to him. He'd already sent several thousand. It's amazing to me that people but be so gullible, but some are.

We're rich too!

Hello!

Unfortunately we failed to deliver the package that was sent to you on the Fri 3/09/2012 because the recipient's address is erroneous.As you already know that this package is containing an International ATM Master CARD in your name and in the amount of $1 MILLION USD.

This email is to let you know that our delivery team is carrying out delivery to our branch office in Canada.

To track your Parcel, go to www.fedex.com/tracking and insert the tracking number below to view delivery status of your parcel.

www.fedex.com/tracking

Tracking Number:793319447881

Below are the vital informations of yours needed for the delivery of your ATM CARD to you.

FULL NAME:..............................

DELIVERY ADDRESS:.............

PHONE NUMBER:....................

SEX:.............................................

Please the only money you have to send is Compensation charge of $550 for each day of keeping..

Note that the payment will be made via Western Union Money Transfer so as to speed up the process with the name of the account officer ESEOSA EDDYSON IGBINOVIA

Who the heck believes these things!??

I know who believes these things= people who are mentally limited in some way either through dementia or just because. I know we laugh but there are so many who are victimized. They really don't understand.

I had a hard time understanding this until I realized that some of these people really don't understand much and are used to not understanding. I mean, if I don't think something makes sense, I don't believe it. But if normal, everyday things didn't make sense to you, you might believe them all the same since normally everyone around you does. Then when one of these stupid emails or fake checks comes around, you are as confused as ever but believe anyway.

Sadly for us, we just recently received an email from a hit man hired to kill DH. The hit man felt that DH didn't deserve to die, and was willing to call off the hit if we paid $20K to him.

I told DH I am sure the funeral service will be lovely.

Whoa!!! That's the first time I've heard that one! :scared:

Me too, that's the first time I've heard that one. Can you imagine if you received a phone call (instead of an email) saying this? That would freak me out.

You should send it to us because we are stuck in Madrid, Spain where we've been robbed and don't have a cent to our names :D

Bill

That actually did happen to some of us in Madrid in college. We were walking back from The Prado when one of the guys in our group was robbed. They took his wallet which had everything in it. We went back to our hostel and tried to explain to the owner that we had been robbed. Unfortunately, the way it came out was that we had been out on the streets robbing people. Oops, luckily our Spanish improved before we left Spain.

Edited by kwiech

You should send it to us because we are stuck in Madrid, Spain where we've been robbed and don't have a cent to our names :D

Bill

OMG, this scam happened to several parishoners! Some poor folks got so upset and called dh (their mutual priest). Good thing he could explain the scam.

Oh, and I call the yellow chair!!:D

OMG, this scam happened to several parishoners! Some poor folks got so upset and called dh (their mutual priest). Good thing he could explain the scam.

Oh, and I call the yellow chair!!:D

It happened to my wife. We had so many calls, it was unbelievable. It did feel nice to have so many caring friends, but how vile can people be to pull these scams?

Bill