Menu

Guess what my neighbor has!

A fully decked out Christmas tree in their front window. :svengo:

Am I in some sort of time warp and slept through Thanksgiving? :001_huh: :willy_nilly:

Yikes! And I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet. :leaving:[/quote

I just got my halloween put away and have my turkeys and pilgrims out. Christmas is not on the radar yet except for my assigning dh the task of finding a lap top for ds Christmas present.

This is weird of me, because for so many years I have been one of those people who don't like the winter holiday season. I usually feel a combination of sadness and dread as it gets close. But I feel ready to get the holiday stuff out just to get it done. I feel winter approaching and I would like to greet it ready with lights and decorations, instead of getting those things out after it's already here. I won't do it though because I think it might annoy my family.

Christmas starts either the night of Thanksgiving or the next day. It depends on how tired we all are and whether we're hosting family or not.

This year we're going to my SIL's and we have plans to celebrate both holidays as we'll won't be able to get together again this year. So while we aren't decorating for it, we are planning/shopping for it already.

I'm not ready for Christmas stuff. I don't mind seeing it in the stores as it gives me time to decide if I want to buy anything, but I'm not ready for the music or to see trees up already.

I was in Michael's the day after Halloween looking for sale stuff and they were playing Christmas music. :001_huh:

When we went Trick or treating last week we came to a house totally decked out, for Christmas. Sleighs and all in the yard. The family dressed up with Santa hats everything and handing out Christmas candy. :lol:

That is funny. You know, I was thinking that it would be funny for my ds to wear a Santa costume when he goes trick or treating, so your post made me smile.

My sister is ready to put hers up. She's been asking me where in her apartment it should go. We aren't even thinking of dragging it out until December 1st, maybe later. I actually got a bit emotional that the Thanksgiving plates were on clearance at Wal-Mart yesterday. I had plans to buy a few before Thanksgiving and now that they are on clearance, yea, they will be scooped up quick. BUT there are like 3-4 aisles of Christmas decorations, all the trees are set up, lawn decorations going, etc etc.

I am going to fully embrace Thanksgiving and ignore the crazies. In protest of Wal-Mart clearancing Thanksgiving, I started my food list for Thanksgiving. Yea, that'll teach them.:tongue_smilie:

Um, it *is* after Thanksgiving.

The Canadian one, anyways :tongue_smilie:

Ah, yes, you're right! So, then, does Christmas start the day after Halloween? (I'm a new Canadian.) Because that would explain why I was in a line to get across the border yesterday. Then in the nearest big shopping town, there was a line out the door at the Chinese buffet, behind the Canadian tour busload. A lady inside asked me if I had found the chicken balls. That made me smile because I've been in that restaurant scores of time and only hear it called sweet and sour chicken. But in Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia, we have chicken balls. :)

Parrothead, if you're hoping to buy anything in Bangor, you'd better do it long before Black Friday!

Ah, yes, you're right! So, then, does Christmas start the day after Halloween? (I'm a new Canadian.) Because that would explain why I was in a line to get across the border yesterday. Then in the nearest big shopping town, there was a line out the door at the Chinese buffet, behind the Canadian tour busload. A lady inside asked me if I had found the chicken balls. That made me smile because I've been in that restaurant scores of time and only hear it called sweet and sour chicken. But in Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia, we have chicken balls. :)

Parrothead, if you're hoping to buy anything in Bangor, you'd better do it long before Black Friday!

Anytime after Hallowe'en seems to be open season, although most ppl I know wait til mid Nov.

and being from ON originally, yup, it's chicken balls! :D

We are Christmas freaks. DS, DH and grandpa already have half the lights up and we are going today to Lowes for a new inflatable. We get something new every year. Last year it was Santa in a helicopter. I'm thinking of a giant star for the top of the house. My tree goes up Thanksgiving week though. It's too early for that :tongue_smilie:

See? And part of my family is Canadian so that's my excuse.

Wolf and I've already talked about the fact that we'll be moving...and then the kids will be bugging to put up the flipping tree!

Honestly, I'd like to put it off til mid Dec...Btwn the puppy and the baby, I can't imagine the gong show it's going to be!

Wolf and I've already talked about the fact that we'll be moving...and then the kids will be bugging to put up the flipping tree!

Honestly, I'd like to put it off til mid Dec...Btwn the puppy and the baby, I can't imagine the gong show it's going to be!

I had a friend with a tradition of putting the tree up the night before Christmas. That a bit of a stretch for me but you have so much going on. Tell the kids you're getting a Charlie Brown tree this year. They can go find one outside and cut it down with scissors :lol:

I had a friend with a tradition of putting the tree up the night before Christmas. That a bit of a stretch for me but you have so much going on. Tell the kids you're getting a Charlie Brown tree this year. They can go find one outside and cut it down with scissors :lol:

:lol:

We're one of those ebil ppl that do the fake tree, so that's not a prob.

I genuinely don't mind doing the tree in Nov, normally. It's the idea of chasing both Boo and Bazinga away for over a mth that makes me want to rock in the corner. :lol:

I genuinely don't mind doing the tree in Nov, normally. It's the idea of chasing both Boo and Bazinga away for over a mth that makes me want to rock in the corner. :lol:

This is how I feel about the cats. Not looking forward to it, at all.

You're saving the environment. I have had a fake pre lit tree since the beginning.

LOL, hubby and I were discussing starting our pandora christmas radio stations at lunch this afternoon. We love Christmas music!

I love Christmas music also! I could listen to it all year long. :) They have Christmas music playing on the DirecTV music stations now. ;)

My husband's coworker puts his tree up on Nov 1st. :001_huh: We wait until the middle of December.

I was visiting some philipino friends the middle of october and they had most of their christmas decorations up. when I asked, they said they were late this year. apparently in the philipines, they put christmas decorations up waaaaaayyyy early.