Menu

Had to put kids in PS.... struggling...

If you could, please pray for my daughter and son and myself. We had to put the kids in PS this year so I could work more because we need it financially. Today is the first full day and my son was curled up in a ball this morning saying over and over "I don't want to go to school." My daughter was crying and didn't want to leave me and I was a bawling mess all the way home.

None of my friends with kids in PS understand how much I am missing my kids. They say things like "It will be fine!" or "They'll have a great year!" and I know they mean well but today I don't want to hear all that. Today I am mourning what a beautiful thing homeschooling is (even on the hardest days) and that we cannot do it during this season of our lives.

Sigh. Thanks.

Awww, your post brought tears to my eyes, but I think you are wise to think of this as a season of your life: you do what you have to do now; it is not necessarily forever. Your well-meaning friends are right, though--the kids WILL survive. But of course you also want them to thrive, and it is okay to be sad that at this very moment, that does not appear to be happening. I hope you get from survive to thrive very soon.

Terri

For different reasons, my ds10 is going to school for the first time this year. Everyday he asks if he could please stay home. It breaks my heart, but dh wants him to give this particular school a try. I know he will adjust in time, but it is so hard right know.

Just wanted you to know that I understand how you feel and that I hope you all adjust soon to the new routine. :grouphug:

Both of my girls started ps this year - one because it was a terrific school that is a perfect match for her, and the other went because she was lonely without her lifelong playmate home. They both want to go to school and are happy, but I'm still sad about it. :grouphug: I miss them. I miss our slow, cuddly mornings and relaxed days. I just miss them being here. It would be even harder if they weren't excite about going. I do still manage to put on my cheerful face for them every morning and make them a big breakfast. There's lots I do to try to make it easier for us both, at least until the bus comes. :grouphug: Sorry.

If you could, please pray for my daughter and son and myself. We had to put the kids in PS this year so I could work more because we need it financially. Today is the first full day and my son was curled up in a ball this morning saying over and over "I don't want to go to school." My daughter was crying and didn't want to leave me and I was a bawling mess all the way home.

None of my friends with kids in PS understand how much I am missing my kids. They say things like "It will be fine!" or "They'll have a great year!" and I know they mean well but today I don't want to hear all that. Today I am mourning what a beautiful thing homeschooling is (even on the hardest days) and that we cannot do it during this season of our lives.

Sigh. Thanks.

:grouphug: I am sorry.

Sigh. Thanks.

Oh, how I understand your pain!!!!!! I completely get how you feel about "not wanting to hear that" right now. I can't lie. It's been really hard for me, too. And it still is. We have found other ways to connect and it's helped some to still do some "after schooling" I thought that would make it worse to have to do MORE school but it helps the kids to feel some normalization (And it helps me, too!).

I didn't read all the replies but first I'm sorry you are having a hard time, but I do think what you are experiencing is a natural process. I (and my dc) went through the exact same thing when they started PS after homeschooling about 4 years ago. It is a tough transition. For us, overall it has worked out to be a positive thing but it did take a good 6 months or so for everyone to feel that way. There are times that I still have a pang of wanting to homeschool again, but (most) of my kids are doing well and have no interest, and I know it isn't really a very good fit for me. Give it time and it will likely get better.

Thank you all for the virtual hugs, prayers, and encouragement. I know it will get easier as we all get used to it...I think it will take me a little longer than my kids, though. The house was very quiet today. :crying:

But I must say I have one amazing husband. He only gets a short lunch break at work across town and never comes home but today he did so he could hug me, pray with me, and encourage me. I really married a keeper. So blessed to have him by my side.:001_wub:

Sigh. Thanks.

:grouphug: Well, we understand here! So sorry, but I totally understand 100%. I guess I am 'lucky' in that my dd is graduated and my son will be in 11th, but I also have to figure out work for our finances. Times are tough with this awful economy. Good luck ----and don't give up hope because things could definitely improve soon and you could always be a homeschool mom again, or even figure out a way to homeschool and work! Just keep the faith and know you are NOT alone ;)