Menu

Saw a Lunchbox/Crockpot and thought of you all!

We did our back-to-school shopping for my 10th Grade PS kid today. Since me, my son, and his wheelchair all risked being trampled by the hoards in the Target School Supples (tax free wee) we pulled over to the relative safety of Small Appliances. They had THIS:

055C6A06-BDAC-4D85-AC6D-8F1E2E138E6B-12616-00001D996781F21B.jpg

Apparently you put your leftovers in it and stick it in the fridge. You can plug it in at your desk to reheat your food at lunchtime. I thought it was a fascinating but didn't know what Hive Policy was on this little contraption.

If you buy one, just be careful about where you put your shopping cart when you finish your shopping.

(Sorry, but if we're going to talk about lunchboxes and crockpots, can the Evils of Shopping Cart Etiquette be far behind? :D)

Edited by Catwoman

If you buy one, just be careful about where you put your shopping cart when you finish your shopping.

(Sorry, but if we're going to talk about lunchboxes and crockpots, can the Evils of Shopping Cart Etiquette be far behind? :D)

I was watching The People's Court not too long ago, and there was a woman being sued because she didn't return her cart. It rolled into an occupied vehicle. The lady blamed the wind, but she lost the suit and had to pay. All I could think about watching it was how the hive would have reacted :lol:.

We did our back-to-school shopping for my 10th Grade PS kid today. Since me, my son, and his wheelchair all risked being trampled by the hoards in the Target School Supples (tax free wee) we pulled over to the relative safety of Small Appliances. They had THIS:

055C6A06-BDAC-4D85-AC6D-8F1E2E138E6B-12616-00001D996781F21B.jpg

Apparently you put your leftovers in it and stick it in the fridge. You can plug it in at your desk to reheat your food at lunchtime. I thought it was a fascinating but didn't know what Hive Policy was on this little contraption.

:lol::lol::lol: That is really cute! :p

Just make sure you don't cook cupcakes in it, you don't want anyone else to feel bad about their pathetic brown bag lunch. ;)

And for the love of all that is holy, please keep your shoes on at your desk!!

I was wondering who would be bringing up the shoes. :D

I like it. I want one for dh. I am going to look for it at Target! It is a great Christmas gift idea, seriously.

And just for the record, because it has been on my concious all week: This week was my now 10 yr dd's bday. I did bake cupcakes and take them to her aftercare program to share with the other kids and they sang Happy Bday to her.

They weren't fancy store bought though...

So I guess this is designed for folks who don't have a microwave but do have an electrical outlet they can use for as long as it takes to warm up a lunch? And who don't want to just use a thermos food jar? Kind of a limited market, no?

Crock-O-Lunch

Clearly the best option.

ETA - If you need a rabbit trail today, you might be interested in the Indian Dabbawala lunch bucket delivery system. Hubby leaves for work, wife makes hot lunch and puts it into the lunch bucket, lunch bucket guy picks it up, and through a series of transfers hands it off to various other lunch bucket guys and gets it to hubby at work in time for his midday meal. Bucket then goes back to wife for the next day's meal. Been working since the 1800's. Their accuracy is phenomenal, even though most of the delivery guys can't read.

Edited by justasque

So I guess this is designed for folks who don't have a microwave but do have an electrical outlet they can use for as long as it takes to warm up a lunch? And who don't want to just use a thermos food jar? Kind of a limited market, no?

Clearly the best option.

Limited market? Maybe. But I bought the last one at my Target this morning.

Oooh. Direct shot! Hmmm. How about a lunch-crock?

Ok. Or lunch-pot. I'm flexible. :D

[quote name=askPauline

ETA - If you need a rabbit trail today, you might be interested in the Indian Dabbawala lunch bucket delivery system. Hubby leaves for work, wife makes hot lunch and puts it into the lunch bucket, lunch bucket guy picks it up, and through a series of transfers hands it off to various other lunch bucket guys and gets it to hubby at work in time for his midday meal. Bucket then goes back to wife for the next day's meal. Been working since the 1800's. Their accuracy is phenomenal, even though most of the delivery guys can't read.

Dabbawala1.jpg

I saw this on some documentary once. A process to behold!

:lol: All new HIVE members will receive a crock-box (or whatever!) as their intro gift so they can take their bean dip with them. Excellent!!!

Brilliant! We can get black ones and paint the yellow plaid on! And pack their H.I.V.E Network t-shirt inside!

For those of you that must have this.....crazycouponlady has a current $5 coupon for this item.:D

Thanks for the coupon, I printed one (the website is actually krazycouponlady, and the link takes you to coupons.com if anyone else is looking for it).

It has a removable stainless steel food storage container!

So, it doesn't have a 'crock' at all? This may effect how I cast my vote on the name. I wonder if I can justify having one just for co-op days? It really does need a quick-heat feature for folks like me who may forget to plug it in as soon as they get there. :glare:

So, it doesn't have a 'crock' at all? This may effect how I cast my vote on the name. I wonder if I can justify having one just for co-op days? It really does need a quick-heat feature for folks like me who may forget to plug it in as soon as they get there. :glare:

No! No crock! Completely approvable by the hive. (How on earth could you drag around and actual CROCK with you?? It would weigh 12 lbs!)

Maybe we should name the official Hive version the "Heat-em-Up Lunch Bucket".