Menu

Saw a Lunchbox/Crockpot and thought of you all!

So, it doesn't have a 'crock' at all? This may effect how I cast my vote on the name. I wonder if I can justify having one just for co-op days? It really does need a quick-heat feature for folks like me who may forget to plug it in as soon as they get there. :glare:

Co-op days. That is absolutely brilliant. I was thinking of dh needing one for work, but for us to have hot food ready and not have to wait for the microwave is pure brilliance!! I am printing that coupon and buying one today!!

Thanks for the idea.

Co-op days. That is absolutely brilliant. I was thinking of dh needing one for work, but for us to have hot food ready and not have to wait for the microwave is pure brilliance!! I am printing that coupon and buying one today!!

Thanks for the idea.

I'm picturing you setting up your power strip and row of multicolored crockpots. :)

LOL!

Yes, I started thinking, I wonder how much it will hold to split up between us, and then I thought maybe I should just bring a regular size crock pot (hadn't thought of that before either..) and things started getting out of hand from there...

But I am going to go look at it and see what I think. We always have cold food because the microwave line is too long and we only have a short lunch period. I don't know why I never thought of a crock before..

I don't want to call it a Lunch anything. Why not call it a Dinner or Supper pot? Or a tin like the old supper tins that my grandpa took to school in the 20s? Instead of a hot pot it could be a hot tin.

And yeah, now I want one like everyone else. I can just see 3 plugged in on the counter waiting for us to finish math LOL.

I don't want to call it a Lunch anything. Why not call it a Dinner or Supper pot? Or a tin like the old supper tins that my grandpa took to school in the 20s? Instead of a hot pot it could be a hot tin.

You've made a good point. Who says it's only for lunch?

Perhaps I should revise my name choice to Crock-O-Food.

This name assumes, of course, that it could not be also used for beverages. (I think we're pretty safe on that one, though. :tongue_smilie:)

You've made a good point. Who says it's only for lunch?

Perhaps I should revise my name choice to Crock-O-Food.

This name assumes, of course, that it could not be also used for beverages. (I think we're pretty safe on that one, though. :tongue_smilie:)

Um, excuse me, I may want to heat up some hot apple cider in my lunch-pot to go with my lunch. :D

I hate Crock Pots because no recipe I have put in them has come out tasting good. The flavors don't blend, and the textures are all weird. Mine lives in the attic. That being said:

1. My DH says clearly this is a Crock-box.

2. His office building has a no personal appliance policy (I think fans are okay, but things like coffee cup warmers and foot heaters and espresso machines are not)

3. I forgot #3. Oh, well...

I hate Crock Pots because no recipe I have put in them has come out tasting good. The flavors don't blend, and the textures are all weird. Mine lives in the attic. That being said:

1. My DH says clearly this is a Crock-box.

2. His office building has a no personal appliance policy (I think fans are okay, but things like coffee cup warmers and foot heaters and espresso machines are not)

3. I forgot #3. Oh, well...

These aren't for cooking your supper, they're for warming your lunch.

They've had to outlaw personal espresso machines? Snort. I've worked in a LOT of oddball corporate and government settings, and I have never encountered an espresso machine in someone's cubicle. Trust me, they would have been my office BFF. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...