Creepy or not creepy? Aka-- my son is furious with me

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubby's home!

Ok, hubby asked me to be VERY vague as to what is going on, because of current situations that are ongoing.

so.... let's just say that we are VERY satisfied wtih how the church (and "others") are going to be working together to investigate/research. We are VERY satisfied with how the pastor reacted, and how he is handling the situation, and how he is communicating with others. And how he immediately involved "others"

My husband has already been cc'd and contacted already by others investigating/researching.

Poor pastor. LOL Hubby said he looked like a truck hit him by all the info. He never once did defend any of the actions of the Bible teacher, usually saying, OH NO-- we can't have that! over and over....

Anyway, that's all I can really say. At least right now.

Thanks so much for your input! I love you guys!

Yes!! That is great. I'm glad it is being taken seriously. :grouphug:

Hubby's home!

Ok, hubby asked me to be VERY vague as to what is going on, because of current situations that are ongoing.

so.... let's just say that we are VERY satisfied wtih how the church (and "others") are going to be working together to investigate/research. We are VERY satisfied with how the pastor reacted, and how he is handling the situation, and how he is communicating with others. And how he immediately involved "others"

My husband has already been cc'd and contacted already by others investigating/researching.

Poor pastor. LOL Hubby said he looked like a truck hit him by all the info. He never once did defend any of the actions of the Bible teacher, usually saying, OH NO-- we can't have that! over and over....

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Hubby's home!

Well, thank the Lord for that!

I've been coming by the computer all day, hitting refresh to see an update. So glad that the pastor is responding appropriately. :grouphug: to all of you, the pastor included, as you get this all sorted out.

Please update us when you can with anything that is discovered.

Hubby's home!

I'm so glad to read this. I didn't comment because I'd just be echoing what others said, but I've been following your thread all day and looking for an update. I'm glad the pastor took it seriously.

Hubby's home!

I'm thrilled with the response. My only advice now is to keep checking on this so it doesn't get swept under the rug. Being a polite (when appropriate) and persistant pest gets a lot of things accomplished.

I pray this was sheer young adult cluelessness and nothing more!

Hubby's home!

You hear so many horror-stories about things like this being swept under the rug. I'm so glad your pastor is taking this seriously and following up with the right channels immediately. I'm sue the other parents involved will be thankful this was brought to their attention as well.

I've been coming by the computer all day, hitting refresh to see an update. So glad that the pastor is responding appropriately. :grouphug: to all of you, the pastor included, as you get this all sorted out.

Please update us when you can with anything that is discovered.

:iagree:

You hear so many horror-stories about things like this being swept under the rug. I'm so glad your pastor is taking this seriously and following up with the right channels immediately. I'm sue the other parents involved will be thankful this was brought to their attention as well.

:iagree:Very good and kudos to your pastor.

I've been thinking about this thread all day and I keep coming back to check up on things. Thank you for the update. I totally understand dh's desire for you to be vague on here, but I feel great relief knowing that "others" are involved.

I'm thrilled with the response. My only advice now is to keep checking on this so it doesn't get swept under the rug. Being a polite (when appropriate) and persistent pest gets a lot of things accomplished.

This is how I feel too!

I've been thinking about this thread all day and I keep coming back to check up on things. Thank you for the update. I totally understand dh's desire for you to be vague on here, but I feel great relief knowing that "others" are involved.

This is how I feel too!

:iagree:

I'm thrilled with the response. My only advice now is to keep checking on this so it doesn't get swept under the rug. Being a polite (when appropriate) and persistant pest gets a lot of things accomplished.

:iagree: I'm glad to hear it went well.

Can your son have a meeting with this pastor in the next few days, so he can tell him that what happened was totally inappropriate, that what that man did was not his fault, that you guys did not overreact, and that he is in no way in any sort of trouble?

Also, could he meet with the whole youth group and tell them the same thing, so that when the story gets out your son isn't ostracized?

Also, can some of the parents arrange to take the boys camping and have a river or lake baptism so they boys don't miss out on the fun activity? Perhaps it can be a family event and many people can go.

Phew! I am so relieved, for your sakes, that the church leadership is steopping up. it's one thing to have one bad apple. It's another to feel like you can't trust the infrastructure of your faith community. I'm very glad, and your relief is almost tangible in your post.

I know you don't really *need* to hear it, but good job, Mama!

Hubby's home!

Very glad to hear this update.

Good.

Hubby's home!

I'm relieved reading your update.

Hubby's home!

Hubby's home!

I am so glad to hear this update!!!

Your pastor is probably thankful to have your family as support and information supply. It sounds like some other families might be on the same page as well...which is also a relief.

(I am hoping creepo didn't get a chance to do what he was planning!)