Menu

Anyone else doing K and high school? Just curious.

I had a K with a high schooler this past year.

This next year, my kids will be 1st, 6th, 9th and 12th. Big years for all!

It's been pretty funny to go to college visit days and talk with other parents, and see the looks on their faces when they see that I've got a 1st grader as well as a senior.

I'll have 10th, 8th, 5th, 4th, 1st, and K, plus a preschooler, an 18 month old, and a newborn come November. I've found that it is a lot more taxing to have high schoolers, as well as being responsible for teaching young ones to read. I teach high school science at our co-op (biology and life science are the 2 classes I'll teach next year), and the prep for those take a lot of my time, but I still have to sit on the younger ones to make sure they are actually doing what needs to be done, even my 4th grader! It makes for busy days, that's for sure.

Two years ago I finished up a year in which I had a K and a 10th and 12th grader. This past year I had a K and 12th grader. Next year I'll have 9th and a Pre K and a 1st grader(and 3rd,5th,7th in between). I went to my oldest's first college visits with a 10 month old in a sling.

dd 11th, dd 10th, ds 7th, dd 3rd, and ds k. Everything is a little up in the air right now because my oldest went to school this year (an arts school) and although she did fantastic, she doesn't like the wasted time and she has finally fallen off the fence about whether to pursue ballet. So she registered for 3 classes at our local community college last week (Eng 101, and Psych 101, and a gym class). She will be doing math and Chemistry at home.

My oldest dd I am holding back one more year for 8th grade so she will start 9th grade next year and of course I will have a toddler so she will be 3 when my dd starts high school. I am lucky that I only have two kids to handle, but it is still challenging with the wide age difference.

I have actually decided to move a desk or table into our main living/dining area (right now our dining room is a playroom) and set up an area where I can work with my oldest dd while the toddler is running around. We have a homeschooling room, but for whatever reason I cannot keep her entertained in there for very long. I think the room is just too small for everyone to be in there at once and have multiple things going on. Crossing my fingers that this year goes better.

I had a K with a high schooler this past year.

This next year, my kids will be 1st, 6th, 9th and 12th. Big years for all!

It's been pretty funny to go to college visit days and talk with other parents, and see the looks on their faces when they see that I've got a 1st grader as well as a senior.

Next year I will have a pre-K, 1st, 5th, 8th, 11th, 12th/gap and a college student

We did that our very first year--actually pretty good year, as ds was quite sweet with dd, which was new for him! lol

I did her Saxon 1 first, as sort of a circle time, and her devotion, while ds did his private devotions and started reading. I was able to give dd a few little things to do, including a few very simple chores, and play time, while ds and I did math and Omnibus, and other stuff that required my attention. I switched back and forth between them.

I miss that sweet time!

My youngest is just 18 months right now, and his oldest sibling is graduating.

In a few years he will be in K and his siblings will all be in middle school and high school and my oldest will likely be out of the house.

ETA: We just calculated how long we all could potentially homeschool on a different forum recently, and I figured that if I homeschool all the way through until my youngest graduates (which right now is my intention), then I will have homeschooled for 30 years.

Edited by Annie Laurie

Soon, but not next year.

The kids will be 10th grade, 9th grade, 7th grade, 4th grade, 3yo, and 2yo. It's my oldest senior year that's going to be a bit crazy when the kids will be 12th grade, 11th grade, 9th grade, 6th grade, 5 yo, and 4 yo. :w00t:

Not this year but I have in the past.

Oldest graduated already, but I have done high school and K at the same time. It really gives you a great perspective. One of my favorite memories from homeschooling is watching my ds retell the story of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight to his sisters. They were all three on the floor, and the girls looked at him with such admiration and listened to the story with such attention and love. I just about burst with happiness.

Yep...this next year I will have, 11th grade, 10th grade, 7th grade, 4th grade, K/1st grade (she has a late fall b'day so we slowly started some kindergarten things this year, but will finish up and move right into 1st grade as she is ready), a 2 yo running around and a baby due at the end of the year!