Menu

Important Easter discussion: jelly beans

My mother always bought us Russell Stover pectin jelly beans. World of difference between generic and pectin jelly beans! Of course, I have not purchased either this year but am having a nostalgic moment thinking about Easters of the past.

So what is scoop on your preferred jelly bean?

My mother always bought us Russell Stover pectin jelly beans. World of difference between generic and pectin jelly beans! Of course, I have not purchased either this year but am having a nostalgic moment thinking about Easters of the past.

So what is scoop on your preferred jelly bean?

Oh my word! The Russell Stover pectins are the absolute best. My mom bought them for us every year -- big treat as they aren't cheap. I bought a bag to send to my sister this year. One of my sons (the other son doesn't like jelly beans of any kind) and my DH are getting a bag. I may have a couple of theirs.

YUMMMMM.....

I'm envisioning the Hive sending you all of the rejected black jelly beans that find their way into Easter baskets!

One of my uncles really liked them too. We always made a separate pile and of black jelly beans and gave him the whole pile after Easter. And all the coffee jelly beans went in another pile (when we had Jelly Bellys) and went to my grandma. Other than those two flavors, someone would eat all the rest.

But Jelly Bellys are the best kind in my opinion.

Brach's black jelly beans. The BEST. I have no idea if they are pectin or whatever, I just love them.

Love the bags that are ONLY black jelly beans!! Ds loves them, too. He has a bag of Brach's black jelly beans in his Easter basket for tomorrow!

You people who don't like black jelly beans are missing out!!! :D

Brach's black jelly beans. The BEST. I have no idea if they are pectin or whatever, I just love them.

:iagree:

In fact, as a service to the children, I just finished eating them before putting the rest of the jelly beans in those plastic eggs. :D

I was behind on getting everything done for Easter and grabbed some jelly beans from Trader Joe's, instead of going to the drug store two doors down that has a mix your own bag of Jelly Belly candies. They have had them there in the past. I didn't notice until I got home that they weren't Jelly Belly beans, but TJ's own brand. The box looked very much like JB. They weren't as good. I think I will have to buy some JBs at the drug store to make up for my mistake. I'm feeling like a pina colada followed by a licorice chaser.