Menu

What schooly stuff is going under your tree??

Mommyfaithe

A rock hunting kit, "Animal Encyclopedia" (they asked for it), some microscope slides, and Art class supplies for DD. Also signing up for Mark Kistler (DD begged).

Could you elaborate on the rock-hunting kit (if you see this)? I've been wondering about something like this for my little rock collector.

A couple science kits

Click erasers in the stocking (he has a mechanical pencil, and the eraser has run out.. I got him a basic white eraser, but the click erasers are cooler!)

I got several strategy/puzzle games such as chess/checkers/backgammon (DS1 asked for this 3 years in a row now!), Set, Dominoes, Tri-ominoes...

Mini-Weapons of Mass Destruction book (that's to DH and DS1)

And school related, but for me... My dad is getting me a 10" Android tablet, which I'll use for school, plus I think he's getting me the Yesterday's Classics 225 e-books deal. :D

I always get the kids book for Christmas, but they are usually the really nice Barnes & Noble leather ones. This year dd will probably get the Edgar Allen Poe Collection and ds will get The Hitchhikers Guide Trilogy.

DD is kind of old for me to be sneaking in "school" stuff, but ds will get:

Snap Circuts Extreme Kit

some Leonardi daVinci models

Mini-Weapons of Mass destruction

The Family will get Apples to Apples & Risk.

Edited by LunaLee

Books. I feel kind of bad about giving my kid a dictionary, but it's what she asked for. I also have The Night Fairy, and Liesl and Po, although those are kind of for me, I'm looking forward to reading them aloud. I was REALLY tempted to buy the microscope set that Target had for $10, or the telescope for $20.

Snap Circuits

The 2012 Page a Day Art Calendar (3 of these! My husband and MIL each wanted one too!)

Zorb Digital Microscope (there are 4 of these ... I got them for the Niece & Nephews too ...)

Everyone gets a book (Heidi, The Little Book Room, Brambly Hedge - if it arrives!)

Big Boggle

Scrabble UpWords

Well I got this for her, but I don't know if it will traumatize her or be really cool http://www.amazon.com/Theodore-Grays-Elements-Vault-Treasures/dp/1579128807/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1323714857&sr=8-3 She still thinks it's cruel to look back and realize the snap circuits I gave her one year were SCHOOL. :lol:

DS8 loves the Elements book and this is on his wish list for his birthday. It's spectacular!

I've now added Settlers of Catan as a family gift. Very excited to try this out after hearing so many wonderful things about it here.

Not as much as I wanted to buy BUT......

American Girl books and mini-dolls (I have 2 girls)

Garden Flowers Coloring Book

Great Colonial Projects you can build yourself (book)

Animals: A Visual Encyclopedia

Mother Goose Rhymes (book)

Monopoly --Junior edition game

Charlotte's Web

Scrabble Slam Card Game

I limited my kids to 1 toy each and the rest of their presents will be games, books and DVDs. It worked out so much better this way!

Well I got this for her, but I don't know if it will traumatize her or be really cool http://www.amazon.com/Theodore-Grays-Elements-Vault-Treasures/dp/1579128807/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1323714857&sr=8-3 She still thinks it's cruel to look back and realize the snap circuits I gave her one year were SCHOOL. :lol:

OOOh, this looks good.

My kids are getting several science type gadgets such as a rock tumbler, geode kit, remote control moon lamp, chemistry kit, Mr. Weatherman weather clock, etc. I'm toying with the idea of getting a digital microscope, but worried about the reviews on Amazon. DD8 will get some American Girl stuff. Maybe a couple of Jim Weiss dvds (I have some they haven't seen yet).

And I have to second the audio recording of the Trumpeter and the Swan. I almost cried when I found out EB White recorded it. My kids loved it.

Laura

Chemistry Set, model magic, Color Code game, GeoPuzzles USA & World Puzzle, 2 Puzzleballs, Wii National Geographic Geography Challenge, Picture Pie book, Origami Polyhedra book, and they're each getting Kindle Fires this year (we're blessed that extended family all sends money to use for them as we wish).

The older two are not. They are getting a Swiss pocketknife for Cub Scouts, and Barbies, respectively.

Baby is getting a wooden, upper- and lower-case, ABC puzzle and a shape sorter, in the hopes that those will entertain her while we do school.

I'm getting RS4K Level 1 Astronomy, and Minimus Latin, but technically, those are for my birthday (Dec. 22). (In-laws gave me money for my birthday gift, and those are what I wanted most. I probably should look into getting a life. :D )